PDA

View Full Version : Converting Tv recorded movies to watch on tablet

dinkydo53545
06-12-2012, 06:00 AM
Is there anyway to watch my my recorded tv movies on a Android Ice cream Sandwich system using any of my applian programs?

Cheryl Wester
06-12-2012, 09:40 AM
You would need to convert the files to a format that works with your Android. We do have Replay Converter for you to try with this.

dinkydo53545
06-12-2012, 12:25 PM
I have that, I have had them all for years, just havent had to use some of them. I use AV Replay 8 hrs everyday, love it. Media Catcher and Video Catcher, LOVE them, I cant say enough about Applian, just havent used the Converter , not a clue about what to change a tv movie or a recorded soap from my vista to a tablet. Havent gotten a tablet yet. Needed to know if it was possible. Applian would be the #1 program if I had to vote.

thehobster
06-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Some advice (having been doing this on Android for 2 years now):
1 - find out what the native resolution of your tablet is and convert to that (resolution and aspect ratio)
2 - find out if your tablet has video hardware acceleration and what format that supports
3 - Get the Dice player from Google play as I've tried many and this one is the best (reliable and formats supported)
4 - most likely, you'll need to convert to MP4, and if your table is newer(ish) it likely supports MP4 hardware acceleration. I don't have the converter in front of me at this moment, and it may indeed convert to MP4. If it doesn't there are alternatives I can point you to some of which are free (but slightly more complicated to use)

Feel free to PM me if you want to move this to email...