PDA

View Full Version : Problems while doing stream capture

greeny1232
10-21-2008, 06:30 AM
I've been using Replay A/V for about a week recording stream capture from NFL Fieldpass. A couple of weird occurences I wanted to see if anyone knew what a couple of things are happening.

I can listen to the entire broadcast on realplayer just fine. When I load up Replay player, it correctly sees the URL. Here is where it gets weird. Some of the files are small as in 32 meg -- which is what the file size should be about. Then on some of the files there huge like 200 meg or larger and on these huge files I don't have any audio. The file saves fine, but when I click on the file to test it, it shows me the time exactly as it should be, but there is no audio. The file just stops and thats it. Anyone know what is happening on these files? Also, I think there is a glitch on some of the files because some of them aren't the total time. Anyone know another way to record them that will give me a small file and not a huge 200 meg for me to convert to mp3.

Cheryl Wester
10-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Hi

Without seeing a log file it is difficult to see what is going on. Please make sure you have a good URL. Do a test record to see if it is going to work for you prior to doing the actual recording. There are some sites that we are not able to get a good URL for and that could be the cause of your problem. Open up AV and go to Tools-URL Finder. Then go to what you want to capture and see if that works for you.