PDA

View Full Version : asf files

bbroyles
03-11-2008, 10:40 PM
The good news is AV captured video from CBSNEWS just fine. The bad news is the file is in .asf format.

The replay converter doesn't support asf files, does anyone know how I can convert to a format that I can burn to a DVD so others without a computer can use their DVD players to watch them on their TV's ?

TIA

Bill

petrogia
03-13-2008, 07:31 AM
The good news is AV captured video from CBSNEWS just fine. The bad news is the file is in .asf format.

The replay converter doesn't support asf files, does anyone know how I can convert to a format that I can burn to a DVD so others without a computer can use their DVD players to watch them on their TV's ?

TIA

Bill

Try this. Copy a .asf file to another folder on your hard drive. By doing this you keep your original .asf file as is. Rename the copied .asf file to .wmv and see if it plays back with your media player. If it does then try to convert this .wmv file to standard DVD format with RC 3 beta.

Cheryl Wester
03-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Hi

The asf file is able to be converted with Replay Converter. If you haven't tried it give it a try.

rdcavery
05-05-2008, 12:53 PM
I haven't had any luck in converting the ASF file I just captured at all. Even using the RC3 Beta, it still just quits. ASF stream capture was one of the reasons I got this software.

Richard

Cheryl Wester
05-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Hi

Go ahead and submit a support ticket. Send your log file with it and we should be able to help you.

bociany
05-31-2008, 06:55 PM
I am running AV Replay 8 on Vista. I am able to record the streaming video, it saves to an asf file. Replays fine if I leave as is, but when converting to .wmv, I get the audio but no video.

I have tried converting at the end of capture (within Replay itself) and also using Replay Converter - get the same results with both.

I tried the tip mentioned above (renaming to WMV and then converting) but this did not work.

any other advice?

Cheryl Wester
06-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Please submit a support ticket on this. Let us know the problem and include the replayconverterlog.log file. We need it to assist us in troubleshooting.