PDA

View Full Version : TERRIBLE Sound Distortion All Of A Sudden

queenrattty
05-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Hiya

I've been using the same everything to record stuff but all of a sudden all my recordings are distorting. It's like they're too loud or something. I don't get it. I've tried recording from different sites but it does the same thing. I haven't change computer or anything so I don't know what's up.

Can anyone help? Is it something daft I've done without realising?

Cheryl Wester
05-28-2012, 01:36 PM
What are you using for audio recording? Did you try a reboot of your computer?

queenrattty
05-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Not sure what you're asking. I tried a reboot. Just using the normal sound card on my laptop and am recording sites like spotify and youtube same as usual. It's been doing it the past few days. Can't understand it. I've tried turning down the volume on Spotify to see if that helps but it doesn't, and the volume never made a difference before.

It's okay on the quieter noises but as soon as it gets a bit of bass or becomes louder the playback is dreadful. When I listen on my headphones while I'm recording it sounds fine.

Cheryl Wester
05-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Are you using the audio driver, win audio driver, stereo mix or what for the audio capture.

queenrattty
05-29-2012, 02:10 AM
Hi. I've just realised it's me being a moron. I use MediaMonkey to playback and I've set the volume levelling for importing and playback too high. MM is altering all the tracks to too high a decible setting. Ooops. Worth noting for other people who don't know what they're doing maybe!

Thanks for your time. I'll come back if I don't get it sorted.

Cheers :)

peleus
05-29-2012, 06:50 AM
Looks good. This is also helpful for other users. Sometimes we tend to ignore the easiest things.https://imagicon.info/cat/14-16/1.gif

queenrattty
06-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks Peleus. I felt a bit daft but it's good to know I might be of help to other people. :)