PDA

View Full Version : Replay Converter 2.8 ... now nagware ???

bigcheez
10-19-2008, 12:22 AM
I am a registered user of Replay AV 8.
This is the only reason I use Replay Converter 2.8.
It is now nagging me about upgrading to ver 3.
How can I stop this?

MatthewC1000
10-19-2008, 06:29 AM
I am a registered user of Replay AV 8.
This is the only reason I use Replay Converter 2.8.
It is now nagging me about upgrading to ver 3.
How can I stop this?
You can't sorry...your best bet is to upgrade to version 3 which is far superior.

Jeff Lenney
10-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Hi BigCheeze

Matthew is correct on this. There is no way to turn off this feature unfortunatley, however you can upgrade to 3.0 which is FAR superior for $9.95. Matthew is a regular customer of ours and he's quite happy with it, as are 99.9% of our other customers who upgrade to the new version.

bigcheez
10-20-2008, 04:18 AM
There is no way to turn off this feature unfortunatley, however you can upgrade to 3.0 which is FAR superior for $9.95.

Note for Replay A/V Customers : If you're using Replay A/V, you'll still need to have Replay Converter 2.x installed on your PC in the Replay A/V program files folder. Replay Converter 3 and Replay Converter 2 can co-exist.

All I use Replay Converter for is to compliment Replay AV.
Does all this mean I will be paying $10 just to get rid of the nag dialogue?

Cheryl Wester
10-21-2008, 09:48 AM
We have since corrected that issue on our server side and you will no longer receive the information about upgrading.

We have also upgraded our Replay Av 8 and it now works with our latest converter. You would thus only need to have the one converter installed on your system.

bigcheez
10-21-2008, 07:34 PM
We have since corrected that issue on our server side and you will no longer receive the information about upgrading.

We have also upgraded our Replay Av 8 and it now works with our latest converter. You would thus only need to have the one converter installed on your system.

I had to get rid of the nag screen and get my files converted finally.
I paid to upgrade Replay Converter, downloaded and installed it.
Shortly after, I noticed that Replay AV was updated to work with the new Replay Converter.
Downloaded and installed that, and noticed that the new Replay Converter was now included.

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/8925/ravscrnshtuf7.gif

I now am worse off than when I started.
Now instead of automatic conversions the full program pops up.
Replay Converter now waits for me to start the batch job (???).
It also cannot handle the filenames correctly.
Please help !!!

Replay Converter 2.8 upgraded to 3.12
Replay AV 8.44 upgraded to 8.5

jhanlon
10-23-2008, 10:27 AM
I have upgraded to Replay A/V 8.50 and now when I run Replay Converter from the Tools Menu ("Open Replay Converter"), I get a message "Outdated registration code. ..." and it runs the demo version of Replay Converter.

How do I enable Replay Converter 3.0?

Jim Hanlon

Cheryl Wester
10-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Depending on when you purchased Replay AV or the Converter you might have a small update fee in order to use the program. When did you purchase the program? Thanks.

jhanlon
10-23-2008, 12:01 PM
A long time ago but it was installed along with Replay A/V 8.50 and is supposed to be included with Replay A/V. I will not pay additional for something that is advertised as being included in the base product.

NiceGuy
10-26-2008, 07:12 AM
I will not pay additional for something that is advertised as being included in the base product.

I received a reply similar to yours from the staff here about the upgrade fee, and I feel the same way!!!

I feel betrayed by Applian! I purchased the Replay A/V Suite which includes Replay Converter. The Replay A/V Suite is a so called "minor" upgrade from version 8.43 to version 8.50. I install it, only to find that one of the parts of the suite I purchased will only function as a demo!!!

What has transpired here seems like a "bait and switch" routine to me! If the company had "all the time invested" in this release, then the Replay A/V Suite should have been a "major" version upgrade, and noted to all their customers BEFORE downloading that their registrations would NOT work with this release!

I think I am a resonable person, but the way in which this was handled is plainly wrong. Applian should at least bundle the previous version of Replay Converter with the Replay A/V v8.50 installer, so their paying customers (like me) don't feel "bait and switched" when they install it, only to find out that one of the pieces of the suite won't work any more!!!!!

bigcheez
10-26-2008, 11:25 PM
I did a complete reinstall and my above screenshot is no longer valid.
Now Replay AV shows 'converting audio' and never gets further than 0%.
Is 8.5 still in beta ???
Please address these problems soon!

Cheryl Wester
10-27-2008, 06:24 PM
If you are having some difficulty please contact tech support as it sounds like you need some more individual help. We will need to see your log file and know what version of windows you are using also. Thanks.

bigcheez
10-27-2008, 07:44 PM
If you are having some difficulty please contact tech support as it sounds like you need some more individual help. We will need to see your log file and know what version of windows you are using also. Thanks.
Support can read this forum
I have uninstalled again and reverted back to 8.44

Let me know when 8.6 is released so that I may download 8.51
When I say 'let me know' ... I hope I found out through the forum and not via a nag box forcing me to upgrade right away

I typically dont switch to new versions immediately
Last time I did that voluntarily, I upgraded to Win95(a)

paintguru
10-31-2008, 06:20 AM
I am also frustrated by the regular pop-up asking me whether I want to upgrade my Replay Converter.

It is even more problematic for me because I record multiple radio programs in small segments requiring multiple conversions. The system hangs up on the "upgrade pop-up" and won't continue until you make a selection... creating a huge back-log if I am not at my computer.

This is a huge disapointment and I believe Applian should be very uncomfortable telling existing customers they have to pay them $10 for an upgrade they didn't need the previous week --- even when the customer didn't change anything they were doing.

I was an original customer with Replay Radio and always enjoyed the personal service you got from the Tech Folks (like Tom Mayes). It seems like a different company now.

JTBurn
11-03-2008, 06:29 AM
I received a reply similar to yours from the staff here about the upgrade fee, and I feel the same way!!!

I feel betrayed by Applian! I purchased the Replay A/V Suite which includes Replay Converter. The Replay A/V Suite is a so called "minor" upgrade from version 8.43 to version 8.50. I install it, only to find that one of the parts of the suite I purchased will only function as a demo!!!

What has transpired here seems like a "bait and switch" routine to me! If the company had "all the time invested" in this release, then the Replay A/V Suite should have been a "major" version upgrade, and noted to all their customers BEFORE downloading that their registrations would NOT work with this release!

I think I am a resonable person, but the way in which this was handled is plainly wrong. Applian should at least bundle the previous version of Replay Converter with the Replay A/V v8.50 installer, so their paying customers (like me) don't feel "bait and switched" when they install it, only to find out that one of the pieces of the suite won't work any more!!!!!

Well said. It is very wrong and very poor customer service.

Cheryl Wester
11-05-2008, 08:41 PM
HI

You should not be reminded about an upgrade with either 2.8 or 2.75 of the converter. If you are please contact us. Most of our customers appreciate knowing about an upgrade so that is why it was there. We listened to you, however, and the notice has been removed.

bblackmoor
11-06-2008, 06:05 PM
We listened to you, however, and the notice has been removed.

This does not appear to be the case. I got a message about an update to ReplayAV 8, so I downloaded Replay AV 8.51 and installed it. Ever since then, I have to be in front of the computer while it captures and converts, or else the update pop-up appears and locks the conversion process.

The download page for Replay AV says it "Download Replay AV 8.51", which is the same version I have. Ergo, the notice has not been removed, because I see them.

I have been a customer of Applian for a few years now, and have paid for a couple of upgrades in this time (the most recent time was 2007-05-20). But this pop-up that keeps ReplayAV from working is just plain annoying. I paid for the program. I should not have to be in front of the computer to click "no" on the upgrade pop-up every few minutes, particularly when I *have* the most recent version of Replay AV.

I do not feel "betrayed" or "bait and switched", but I am a bit annoyed,and I think it's clear that something is not working the way it ought. (And before you say it, I entered a tech support ticket yesterday. It has not yet received a response.)

bblackmoor
11-07-2008, 08:48 AM
I do not feel "betrayed" or "bait and switched", but I am a bit annoyed,and I think it's clear that something is not working the way it ought.

Actually, now that I have a better understanding of what has occurred, that is pretty much how I feel: both deceived and bait-and-switched. Replay AV says it includes the converter (it would be rather useless without it). But if you buy and install Replay AV, you will discover that the "included" converter is merely a demo, and that to run Replay AV without continually clicking on pop-up windows, you need to buy the converter license separately.

bomasa
11-15-2008, 08:42 AM
How can I revert to 8.44? 8.50 interferes with Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 and with AdAware 2008.

I can't find an install file for 8.44.

Thanks

MatthewC1000
11-15-2008, 09:17 AM
How can I revert to 8.44? 8.50 interferes with Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 and with AdAware 2008.

I can't find an install file for 8.44.

Thanks
Please elaborate your issue, simply resorting to an old version does not help
applian with the issue in hand.

Answer a few question:

1) When using Photoshop Elements, while Replay AV is running what errors are you
experiencing?
2) What issue are you experiencing with adaware?
Advice: try disabling the ad-watch, that app can be a pain.