PDA

View Full Version : May 2012 Latest software update has partially disabled RMC

sydcarten
05-13-2012, 07:57 PM
I have been happily using Replay media Catcher (http://applian.com/download-videos/) since last year without any problems until now.

Two days ago I was prompted to install the latest update, which I did.

Following that update I have discovered a partial loss of function which pretty much ends the usefulness of RMC for me, unless it can be fixed.

Now, when a video is preceded by an advertisement RMC captures the advertisement but does not capture the video which follows.

Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a solution?

regards

sydcarten

Jeff Lenney
05-13-2012, 10:40 PM
Hi Sydcarten

Specifically - Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?

juanlfm
05-14-2012, 02:00 AM
This is quite common on sites with protected content, which is why you need to identify the site so we can try it.

sydcarten
05-14-2012, 05:07 AM
Further to my last communication, I was having no trouble at all downloading from the two sites I use the most BEFORE the latest upgrade, so you see I think I have good reason to suspect it is the upgrade and not the sites that is a problem for me.

Lewwill
05-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Yes, I have also experienced this on the Pandora web site. Actually it is only recording roughly every other song. I have gone back to the version 4.4.1 and it works fine.

sydcarten
05-14-2012, 06:34 PM
yes, I will do that if it is the only way

how can I revert to an earlier version?

wysiwyg
05-15-2012, 03:56 AM
I have been happily using Replay media Catcher (http://applian.com/download-videos/) since last year without any problems until now.

Two days ago I was prompted to install the latest update, which I did.

Following that update I have discovered a partial loss of function which pretty much ends the usefulness of RMC for me, unless it can be fixed.

Now, when a video is preceded by an advertisement RMC captures the advertisement but does not capture the video which follows.

regards

sydcarten

Run into the same situation.
After reinstall the previuos version it worked as I expected.

Is that a bug or a "new feature" :(

Lewwill
05-15-2012, 12:37 PM
I had the download for version 4.4.1 saved on my computer. However, i would think it would be available somewhere on the Applian website!

Hoot
05-15-2012, 02:04 PM
I too have been having problems with the newest version 4.2.2.0 of Replay Media Catcher 4. Now, I have to click on the reload url button 2 times or more to get the youtube video to record. I didn't have this problem with the last version.

Hoot
05-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Think I just found the problem...I went to settings then download settings then changed Minimum Download Size (thinking it was Maximum Download size) to 1024KB then Max Download Time to 60 minutes...then unchecked "Stop multiple downloads of the same video from You Tube". Don't know which of these fixed my problem but now I can record without having to hit the reload url button (ie: starting the video over) more than once. I usually want to record something better than the 360 flv, choosing at least 720 mp4 and I have to endure deleting the 360 flv as soon as I get 720 mp4 to start to record. Now, I'm back to recording the way I did before...very happy about that. I will play around with the settings again to see what was causing the problem. I don't think it was the minimum download size or Max download time.

sydcarten
05-15-2012, 08:11 PM
If the latest version is buggy and causing these problems, then Applian really should make the older version (which worked) available again for download, so we users can get on with business as usual while they work on the problem

If this continues much longer, I will lose my window of opportunity to download some content from my usual sites

Lewwill
05-16-2012, 05:12 PM
The Replay Media Catcher version 4.4.1 is available on this Applian website: http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php

Bartontb
05-17-2012, 02:33 PM

regards

sydcarten

Yes, I experienced exactly the same issue. Reverted back to 4.4.1, which works correctly.

VCN
05-19-2012, 05:32 AM
Think I just found the problem...I went to settings then download settings then changed Minimum Download Size (thinking it was Maximum Download size) to 1024KB then Max Download Time to 60 minutes...then unchecked "Stop multiple downloads of the same video from You Tube". Don't know which of these fixed my problem but now I can record without having to hit the reload url button (ie: starting the video over) more than once. I usually want to record something better than the 360 flv, choosing at least 720 mp4 and I have to endure deleting the 360 flv as soon as I get 720 mp4 to start to record. Now, I'm back to recording the way I did before...very happy about that. I will play around with the settings again to see what was causing the problem. I don't think it was the minimum download size or Max download time.

Hoot ... I too, have been experiencing the same (youtube) problem for several weeks. Have changed max/min (& other) settings to no avail. I have RMC versions 3&4 - both are experiencing same issues. The problem appears to be related with youtube. RMC doesn't work when viewing directly from youtube ... but is ok when viewing youtube from a 3rd-party site.

sydcarten
05-20-2012, 04:45 PM
OK, I have reinstalled an older version I found on my hard drive, and this has restored full functionality for me.

Doesn't say much about the latest version though, does it?