PDA

View Full Version : Preferred Browser for Replay Music???

mikelly
05-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Have Loved Replay Music for many years, and while working with support in resolving my own SUE (Stupid User Event), It was mentioned that using Firefox over IE produced better tagging and allowed me to use the audio driver. I believe i als heard that using the audio driver also recorded directly from the source, as opposed to on the opposite end with the windows driver.

a couple of questions:

From your experience in developing replay music, is firefox the "recommended" browser for severla reasons. Are their pros and cons list of each? (better quality, more consistent volume, etc)

same type of info for the driver?

even if minimal info, anything would be helpful.

thanx again

Cheryl Wester
05-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Firefox handles audio capturing differently and it is easier to record. There are some sites that won't work with IE as an example using the audio driver. The audio driver is the ideal sound setting to use with Music. If you want to use Chrome you would need to use the win audio driver and it does pick up some of the other sounds on your system.

keiooz
05-13-2012, 07:33 PM
That is absolutely right. Firefox even provides different plugins for you to use in case a simple update of your flash player won't work. I guess Chrome would also be a useful browser for most sites you could visit. http://imagicon.info/cat/14-16/vbsmile.png

matari
04-09-2013, 08:35 PM
what kind of plugins can i look for to use with FireFox?