PDA

View Full Version : Question about setting the recording volume level

Ultimo
10-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Guys,

This is a great piece of technology. I just bought the Replay Suite the other day, but had to uninstall it as something happened with my computer. When I went to re-install everything there was Video Capture in place of Screen Capture. It's much better, more exact, etc. Thanks so much for this program.

I just have one question right now: Can I get the recording level to work and how do I do so?

I read the FAQ page about testing the level and setting it. However, whenever I go to do a recording, the recording volume level resets to 0. I'm not sure if this has to do with my using the stereo mix option for recording, but I can't seem to do anything with the recording level and even though I'm adjusting the volume on my computer I seem to have the same, fairly-low recording volume level every time I record.

Again, just to give a snapshot of what is happening. I manually set the recording volume up each time as I'm about to record. But when I actually start the recording, the level goes back down to 0. I try to raise it up as the recording is taking place, and it goes up, but this seems to have no effect on the final product.

Can anyone give me some advice on this?

Thanks.

This is a terrific product, and I'm looking forward to learning how to use it to maximum effect.

Ultimo
10-17-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm kind of figuring this out on my own (working with my own sound software), but I'm seeing something I'm not sure how to deal with.

I'm using RealTek HD Audio Manager. I went in there and manually set the recording level to around 90%. However, every time I go to do another recording with the Video Capture software, the level gets reset to 50%. It does seem I can alter this, manually, on my end (which I tried to do, apparently unsuccessfully, with the software), but it is much more cumbersome to do so. I may just be missing a simple step here, but if anyone has any suggestions of how to set the recording level on the software and keep it that way, please let me know.

Thanks.

Ultimo
10-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Ok, I figured this out, and it seems it has nothing (or little, I'm not sure) to do with the Video Capture software. Something was 'controlling' my external sound card's recording volume level, but I'm not sure that it is the Replay software. Whatever it was, I was able to fix it, at least in the short term. Sorry for any confusion.

maxrenn
11-01-2008, 06:13 AM
Hi eveyone, could it be possible for the staff to ban this crazy chinese spammer ?