PDA

View Full Version : Need To Revert To Version 4

johnnythepie
04-28-2012, 06:07 AM
Hi
Have used RM for the last few years now,and have always had problems with correct tagging and tracks not splitting.Have tried all variations of cut off etc but still the same which means i have to record tracks individual and manually about 30% of the time.I have put up with this as RM is still the best there is.However having upgraded to V5, its worse.Most tracks are incorrectly tagged with nothing similar to what they should be, and tracks still dont split properly in the majority of cases.I unfortunately dont have the V4 installer anymore, is there a link that i can download from as i feel v5 is a backwards step thanks

michaelrj9
04-28-2012, 12:02 PM
I have the exact same problems.

What I learned to do is because of the same problems you mentioned and for deleating the (samed tracks) which is a bad idea RM!!!!!!.
Don't let RM tag them. Put the 5 sec silence track RM gives you in between every song in the playlist. Let RM record them.
I then compare-count files & organize the files with the playlist and put them in the appropriate artist-album folders.
It sounds like a long process but only takes a couple minutes for a couple hundred songs or so.

That way when you auto tag the files you are only looking at 1 album and can figure out if there are any problems easier.
I Use Winamp to auto tag then tag & rename to rename the files and to clean up any tag info yyou did not like before (or if you know a better auto tagging program you like better use it.

There were older 4.0 versions you can downoad on the same page (twords the bottom) where you can download the 5.0 version.

peleus
05-02-2012, 06:40 AM
Hi Johnny. Got any luck on the steps suggested above? https://imagicon.info/cat/14-16/1.gif