PDA

View Full Version : How to I get this to work?

rrw1
10-15-2008, 10:57 AM
I am trying to learn how to use Replay Video Capture. However, when I press the "record" button, I only see "Initialize recording..." appear in both green windows. The video does not start to record no matter what I do in the window I am trying to record (stop it, refresh it, etc.) I have a Vista computer, and have tried recording from Windows Media Player, vlc and itunes windows. None work.

MatthewC1000
10-15-2008, 12:35 PM
I am trying to learn how to use Replay Video Capture. However, when I press the "record" button, I only see "Initialize recording..." appear in both green windows. The video does not start to record no matter what I do in the window I am trying to record (stop it, refresh it, etc.) I have a Vista computer, and have tried recording from Windows Media Player, vlc and itunes windows. None work.

You must enter a url link of the video link you're playing in Replay Video Capture.

rrw1
10-15-2008, 11:46 PM
Mathew - I am pretty sure that what you say is not correct. Replay Video Capture is meant to work like the old Replay Screencast. There is no place for entering a URL. Have you tried Replay Video Capture yourself? Is is a new product. See

http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/index.php

MatthewC1000
10-16-2008, 04:10 AM
Mathew - I am pretty sure that what you say is not correct. Replay Video Capture is meant to work like the old Replay Screencast. There is no place for entering a URL. Have you tried Replay Video Capture yourself? Is is a new product. See

http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/index.php

My apologies...for the confusion I did try the program but, it has a very similar resemblance to WM Recorder...anyhow, you're trying to record from Windows Media Player...first, you need to specify the window your trying to record...when Replay Video Capture has loaded go to and click "Get Window" and, specify what windows you wanna start recording from...if you start recording without doing this it will record the whole screen...if this still does not solve your issue...try installing more computer memory & installing a video card with at least with 256 MB of video ram. Now, if your intention is to strip DRM from iTunes Video files .m4v I would highly recommend trying Tunebite...its not from Replay but, overall a app that works very well to remove DRM in video and, audio as well...Tunebite overview Trial (http://www.download.com/Tunebite/3000-2140_4-10783040.html?tag=mncol&cdlPid=10895578)

rrw1
10-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Matthew: I am doing all you say. I have a Intel Q6600 processor, 4GB memory and a nVidia 8800GT video card. But the program still does not work. My computer should be plenty powerful, should it not? I know of Tunebite. My impression is that Applian are offering Replay Video Capture as a competing product with similar functionality.

MatthewC1000
10-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Matthew: I am doing all you say. I have a Intel Q6600 processor, 4GB memory and a nVidia 8800GT video card. But the program still does not work. My computer should be plenty powerful, should it not? I know of Tunebite. My impression is that Applian are offering Replay Video Capture as a competing product with similar functionality.

It appears your PC is configured for optimal performance, so, what I would do is contact Applian and, Create a NEW Ticket with your issue. Applian Support (http://www.applian.com/support.php)
and, click on "General Inquiries" for further help.

Jeff Lenney
10-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Hi Matthew,

While we appreciate your help, if you don't yet have Replay Video Capture, please download a copy and you'll see it's VERY different from WM Recorder or any other program we have.

If you are in doubt refer them to our terrific tech support or just leave the post alone for us to answer. :)

I've been using it for a few months now, and it still throws me for a loop on occasion.

Thanks for your understanding :-)

ORIGINAL POSTER:

To get the best quality video with Replay Video Capture- especially on slower machines - try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

Let me know if this makes a difference.

NOW, with regards to AUDIO:

FOR WINDOWS XP ONLY: please Make sure you change the settings for "Audio Source" and "Stereo Mix INput" to use the "Universal Audio Driver" option (with no input source specified).

(the Universal Audio Driver option will need to be enabled via 'settings')

IF YOU'RE USING VISTA, PLEASE go to audio testing. Make sure you have selected "Use Vista Audio Recording" and it should work for you

Let me know if this helps. =)

rrw1
10-17-2008, 12:02 AM
Hi Jeff - I do all the things you suggest in your post. I have a fast computer with a very common configuration that many users will also have: Vista Home Premium, Intel Q6600, 4GB memory, nVidia 8800GT.

The program works for none of the recommended settings. I have tried recording both large and very small video windows. I have tried numerous video players as the source. I have tried capturing both as MPEG-2 and Windows Media 9. I have reinstalled the program, rebooted, ... all the usual things that one should do to try to solve problems with installing software. I am a very experienced computer user and almost never have a software or hardware problem I cannot figure out how to fix.

All that happens is that I see "Initialize recording..." appear in both green windows. I like the concept of the program. I am sorry I cannot get it to work.

MatthewC1000
10-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Hi Jeff - I do all the things you suggest in your post. I have a fast computer with a very common configuration that many users will also have: Vista Home Premium, Intel Q6600, 4GB memory, nVidia 8800GT.

The program works for none of the recommended settings. I have tried recording both large and very small video windows. I have tried numerous video players as the source. I have tried capturing both as MPEG-2 and Windows Media 9. I have reinstalled the program, rebooted, ... all the usual things that one should do to try to solve problems with installing software. I am a very experienced computer user and almost never have a software or hardware problem I cannot figure out how to fix.

All that happens is that I see "Initialize recording..." appear in both green windows. I like the concept of the program. I am sorry I cannot get it to work.

Okay, try updating your Nvidia Drivers..visit www.nvidia.com

And, if it doesnt work, it doesnt work on your vista pc...*Shrugs*...
Applian is gonna have to look into this...It might help if you post a screen shot or a log of running items in your taskmanager...to help determine the culprit.

Ultimo
10-17-2008, 12:04 PM
rrw1:

I had the same problem you did. The default settings for VC are to record both audio and video. My audio wasn't configured correctly (had to de-click the auto setting for using with Vista), and so I could not record anything. If you either de-click the 'record audio' box in the main settings panel or else get the audio to function in the audio setup/test tab, you should be able to record some video. Use the help page for the program as well, and play around with the audio stuff a bit until you get the fluctuating Wave DB thing. I was not prompted to do the settings when I first ran the program as the help page says that I would have been, so just go to the settings page yourself via the main program and start working through the set-up yourself using the info I just gave you and the help page.

Hope that helps you out.

tbstuckey
11-09-2008, 04:12 PM
I also have a quad core vista system, nvidia 8800gt, and was able to get the capture to work by deselecting the "Use Vista Audio Recording" option. I also had to enable my 'stereo mix' in vista sound recording options. Line in was the only option until I made the change. I use Realtek HD onboard audio. Hope this helps