PDA

View Full Version : Replay AV 8.82 and Google Drive

Talk2Rider
04-24-2012, 07:30 PM
I am experimenting with the new Google Drive that was introduced today (4/24/2012) and am having a few issues. Previously, I had Replay AV set up to download to my Dropbox folder so that I could get my podcasts, etc. on my Android. That seemed to work pretty much flawlessly. Tonight I tried having Replay AV download podcasts to my Google Drive, and Google Drive does not want to sync the downloaded files. I then tried setting Replay AV up to convert the downloaded files to .mp3, and that caused Google Drive to really loose its marbles...it thinks there are 200+ files to sync. I would be interested in any suggestions on how to make this work with Google Drive...you guys at Applian might have fun trying it out. I really have enjoyed Replay AV8...the suite of recording tools you provide are pretty incredible and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next!

Talk2Rider
04-24-2012, 08:12 PM
From what I can tell, Dropbox is smart enough not to sync a file that is open or "in use", thus it waits until Replay AV is done downloading (or converting) a file before it tries to sync it. Google Drive on the other hand, immediately tries to begin syncing the file and fails - because the file is being written to as Google Drive tries to sync it. I thought maybe having Replay AV convert the downloaded file would bypass the problem, but it actually makes it worse. I figured the downloaded file would be put in the temp file location and the final converted version would be copied into the Google Drive location, but that is apparently not how Replay AV works.

I am using the Google Drive application on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.