PDA

View Full Version : RMC & 8 tracks

DaRa
04-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Hi everybody,

I am trying to get use to Replay Media Catcher settings, but I have some troubles make it works fine with my favorite audio streaming website : http://8tracks.com

Sometimes it just doesn't detect automatically the next songs, and I dunno why. rebooting computer, and or RMC and or Firefox doesn't make it works again, BUT it keeps working for any other website than 8tracks. Any idea ? Is there a way to force the detection ? Apart from restarting the control ?

The other trouble is about tagging stuff, sometimes it rename the file with my current firefox tab, and not with the one coming from the audio streaming, and so my file is named like "yahoo mail" instead of artist - track.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Sincerely,

DaRa

Jeff Lenney
04-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Hi DaRa

I tested a few streams on there (First time ever on that site) and was able to get immediate recordings each time with no problem.

Please make sure that you always open Replay Media Catcher and click the "record" button BEFORE you browse to the site that you wish to capture from. Also, please try deleting your temporary internet files from your browser's cache.

Let me know if this helps please! :-)

DaRa
04-24-2012, 03:55 AM
It does help thanks !

Could you also help me on the settings for the rename/tagg tool ?
In "Files naming rules" there are a lot of settings, and I have so very hard time to find what the best for 8tracks.

For example, a song will most likely looks like it :
"► Lights (Bassnectar Remix) by Ellie Goulding Best of 2011 Dubstep harveyhubs 8tracks"
► %title% by %artist% %playlistname% 8tracks

First problem : this ► don't let me use the conversion tool because of this character.
How just ignore this ?
Then, How reformat the name as simply %artist% - %title% ? Didn't succeed with the tool " {track} - {artist}"

And once again, the main issue : the name/tagg is ok ONLY IF the current firefox tab is 8tracks, how fix that too please ?

Many thanks.

Jeff Lenney
04-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Hey hey - you would need to take out the non english characters (ie: the play symbol) out of the title - those will most likely cause issues, as you have discovered. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BRgaFd9M8s)

As for the renaming of the artist/title - can you further elaborate on that issue for me please?

Thanks! :)

DaRa
04-25-2012, 02:14 AM
hmm... I can repeat everything, because you just did repeat what I said....

So :

- Issue with the "Files naming rules" there are a lot of settings, and I have so very hard time to find what the best for 8tracks.
I tryed them 1 by 1, and it seems the only one allowing me to have some kind of tag, is the 'Active Browser Title Naming'.
- Which has 2 others troubles : <> 1st If I am not on the exact 8tracks tab when it starts the download, there my track is title with the tab title as yahoo, google,reddit,...
<> Then it has non english char. how remove/ignore them ? In order to have everything working as the conversion tool ?

Thanks.