PDA

View Full Version : Replay 5 doesn't keep manual edits

gmalbert
04-01-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm using Replay Music 5.05. It correctly tagged most of the songs, but some of the albums or track numbers were incorrect. I manually edited them after stopping the stream, but none of my changes made it through. I verified through Windows Explorer. It just remained tagged as what it was originally. Not fun.

Anyone else found a way around this odd behavior?

Cheryl Wester
04-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Windows Exdplorer is using a file that is not the latest. That is why they are not showing up in Windows Explorer. If you were to use a player such as the VLC Player the edits will show up.

gmalbert
04-02-2012, 03:58 PM
I have refreshed Windows Explorer to make sure that it was viewing the latest file. Still doesn't have the edits. I also viewed the file in VLC. Under Misc > Media Info, it still has the original tagging information--not the edits I made while within Replay Music.

Any other ideas?

Cheryl Wester
04-03-2012, 08:26 PM
The issue is that Windows Explorer uses an outdated file in it. We don't have a solution for that as it is a Microsoft file

gmalbert
04-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Cheryl- I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that a file in Windows (unrelated to Replay Music) is old and that's what's causing the problem? Or are you saying that Windows Explorer is not showing the latest music file?

This seems strange as the files had been tagged in earlier versions of Replay Music (4 and below), and they had kept the updates. I'm running Windows 7, if that helps.

russws
04-04-2012, 02:50 PM
I can verify the problem. Editing Album, genre etc. is not being saved to the mp3 tags information. This seems to be a new problem with 5.0

gmalbert
04-05-2012, 05:00 AM
Thank you. Cheryl, if there's a file that is outdated in Windows that Replay Music 5 requires to work, please tell us and provide that file. I'm sure we'd be happy to replace an outdated file to get the program to work as it is designed.

russws
04-05-2012, 08:05 AM
I can verify the problem. Editing Album, genre etc. is not being saved to the mp3 tags information. This seems to be a new problem with 5.0

Meant 5.05

5.0 had the "can't edit track number" bug...

gmalbert
04-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Same here. I'm using 5.05 as well. That version has the issue.

CannibalsCookpot
04-15-2012, 06:18 PM
5.05 here also. Same problem. Windows 7 64bit (updated). The file properties are locked. Only work around I have found is to record Rhapsody to wav files, use Converter 4.20 to get to mp3 and edit manually.

nagato
05-17-2012, 01:34 PM
I just upgraded to 5.05 and I'm having the same issue. However, it's not just manual edits, it's ALL tag information, auto or manul. None are being saved to the MP3s. I am also running Win7 64bit.

Cheryl Wester
05-17-2012, 07:51 PM
We are aware of this and hope to have it resolved in a future update. A suggestion is to change two or more items in the edit and it then seems to "stick"

AndrewW
06-03-2012, 07:47 AM
I am on the same issue 5.05 running on Windows 7 32 bit Latest SP.
The editing of Track No's issue still exists, regardless of what else you change in the edit.
It does appear to edit the Track though.
Indeed, as much as I like replay music, version 5.? is currently the buggiest and flakiest I have used.
It needs an update to a fully functional version.
Track editing worked in 4 under the same OS, so it is 5 that has an issue.

And.. Still no sizeable dialogue for Replay Music either.
Come on, it could be in an MDI window with menu's you know.

Big A
06-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Yeah, so much for the upgrade to version 5. I will be uninstalling 5 and reverting back to 4 as it better meets my needs. I hope to come back to 5 as it has much potential, but isn't ready for prime time. Please fix this issue so I can bring 5 back into my world.

Jscavuzz
06-24-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm using the latest version or Replay Music (5.05) and the edit function doees not work. As a work-around I use another program, Mp3 Tagscanner ver. 5.1 to edit the tracks after recording with Replay Music. I've been using Replay Music for years and this problem just started recently with version 5.

I received this reply from Applian Tech Support:

HI

Thanks for the feedback. I don't have a date for this (fix) but it should be shortly.

Best Regards,

Cheryl Wester
Applian Technologies, Inc.

Date: 21 June 2012 13:13

Jscavuzz
06-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Changing Two or more items in the edit does not make the edit "stick".

We are aware of this and hope to have it resolved in a future update. A suggestion is to change two or more items in the edit and it then seems to "stick"

Cheryl Wester
06-24-2012, 07:04 PM
This should be addressed in a future update. I don't have a date for this as of yet.

AndrewW
06-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Yep, 5.05.
Does not keep track No edits.
Does usually keep track name edits.
They say the bug is fixed.
It isn't seemples.

So, when is 5.10 out?