PDA

View Full Version : speakers set to surround and MOG app

breadman
04-01-2012, 07:30 AM
ok, was having problem with MOG desktop app not being recognized. Trying to change to windows audio driver would cause RM crash. While setting up RVC (I bought whole suite) there was a popup saying RVC does not support surround speaker setups. I have a Creative x-fi that was setup for 5.1. I changed it to 2.1 and RVC worked. I thought, hey what if that was the problem with RM. Sure enough, it was. MOG app works fine when set to windows driver and 2.1. I have read about the difference between the drivers (win driver picks up all sounds, RM driver only the stream playing). This does not concern me as I leave the computer alone when recording.

My problem is that I like to keep my computer on 5.1. I like the way music sounds with the center channel. The RM driver works fine when my speakers are 5.1 and I use the MOG web player, but the MOG app has some features that the web player does not have. For example, the app can play one album and stop, but the web player is always in continuous play. There is no way to stop continuous play on the web player.

Is there any way to use RM (and RVC for that matter) with the windows driver and speakers set to 5.1? Is this a bug in the whole suite or are the programs designed this way?
I suppose I could change between speaker setting depending on what I am doing but then I can not listen in 5.1 while recording.

thanks

Cheryl Wester
04-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Audiio recording is difficult to do. It will not work with surround sound setups in Replay Video Capture. Thanks for the input regarding Replay Music.

breadman
04-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Thanks. 99% of my use will be with RM. I dont mind changing settings if using RVC but is there a work around to keep 5.1 and use RM or is the audio part the same in both. I admit this is a minor inconvienence and really like the software, but would be cool if there was a work around or other update to fix this.

regardless of the outcome for this, maybe you can pass this info onto the devs. I had a previous ticket open concerning the crash and this fix was not mentioned. I found it on my own. If RVC can detect my audio settings maybe RM can detect them also and have the same popup warning when trying to use the win audio driver

Thanks