PDA

View Full Version : Can't download Flash videos

booger
03-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Great to see continued support/updates for the software!

Today I am trying to download some training videos from a software's website. I'm pretty sure it's .flv, when you right-click the video, it says "About Adobe Flash Settings 10". However, Media Catcher doesn't seem able to see the stream. Any suggestions? I am using Firefox, up to date. I even tried scanning the cache in Firefox, it seems like it's not even storing cache. Maybe it's a different kind of stream?

booger
04-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Great to see continued support/updates for the software!

Today I am trying to download some training videos from a software's website. I'm pretty sure it's .flv, when you right-click the video, it says "About Adobe Flash Settings 10". However, Media Catcher doesn't seem able to see the stream. Any suggestions? I am using Firefox, up to date. I even tried scanning the cache in Firefox, it seems like it's not even storing cache. Maybe it's a different kind of stream?

So I contacted the web developer, they said their stream can't be captured the way it plays...or something. There isn't local cache I guess. Thanks anyway!

Jeff Lenney
04-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Sorry :(

One thing you CAN do is try to screen capture it - check out http://applian.com/replay-video-capture :)