PDA

View Full Version : Freecorder "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem' message

emptypockets
03-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Hi all. I'm new to this forum and am having a problem after formatting HD and fresh install of Windows XP.

Each time I start the Freecorder 5 recording application, I get a Microsoft "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience' error box. When I check "Don't Sent", the recording window pops up and works fine.

None of this happens in Firefox

I'm using Win XP Home Edition with Media Center.

I've also verified in System Properties>Advanced tab>Data Execution Prevention tab>"Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services" is checked.

I've been searching online for 2 days now for a fix and hope that someone here can finally come up with a solution.

Thanks in advance for any ideas out there.

emptypockets
03-23-2012, 02:10 PM
I posted this 2 days ago. Hard to believe that NO ONE has any idea about how to fix this. At this rate, I'll ck. back in a week or two. lol

Jeff Lenney
03-24-2012, 12:44 AM
Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having some troubles with Freecorder. Browser crashes are usually the result of another program clashing with Freecorder. Here is a list of things that we know can cause this problem:

Ad-Muncher
LiveMesh
CounterSpy
SpySweeper
ZoneAlarm
CA Anti-Spyware Utility
Comodo
Vista Transformation Pack
Net Nanny
Threatfire
Trusteer Rappoirt
PCTools
Avast
If you have any of these or a similar app running on your computer, try shutting them down while Freecorder is running. If it is not one of the known apps this can be difficult to pinpoint.
Another suggestion is to look for FLVsrvc.exe as a process in the windows Task Manager. If you find it, end that process.

emptypockets
03-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks for replying Jeff. I was beginning to wonder if this forum really did provide support for Freecorder (but, that's beside the issue).

In your list, the only prog. I use is Avast Free and I have shut it off and tried Freecorder 5 with the same result (MS Explorer has encountered a problem........)

I also turned off the FLVsnvc.exe process in Task Mgr. after I installed Freecorder.

I'm using IE7 again as I was before the format (Freecorder was working fine in both IE7 and Firefox before the format, and no probs. in Firefox now).

It's got me over the barrel as to why this is happening now. I really like how this prog. works when it works, but this is downright irritating to use in IE7 now.

Any other ideas pleeeeeeeeease?

Thanks