PDA

View Full Version : Importing mp3's

Shalako
03-17-2012, 12:26 PM
What is the limit for importing .mp3s into Replay Music? I have a folder of 66 that imported for editing but one of 101 wouldn't. Am I looking at having to have a folder for each letter of the alphabet down the line?

What I'm trying to do is eventually have folders of mixed genres holding about 4 hours of music each. This way, when I'm traveling, changing to a new folder at the 4 hour break would also tell me it's time to stop and walk around a bit. (Laptop is linked to car stereo). I'm trying to do it all through Replay rather than having to use several different programs.

Cheryl Wester
03-18-2012, 09:18 AM
We don't have a limit. It could be that is all your system is able to handle at a time. It is power intensive to use the program and personally I would start over after that many songs to make sure all is working without an issue.

Shalako
03-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Don't think you understand. I'm rightclicking and choosing import mp3's. Dialog box pops up and I browse to where my mp3 files are kept. I choose 6 songs and they are imported. Reset and clear the RM window and then 60 songs can be chosen and imported. Reset and clear the RM window again and choose 101 songs and nothing is imported. Even with a fresh boot and attempting to import 101 songs doesn't work.

I've never had any problem rendering in Photoshop and we all know how power intensive that hog can be.

Observations from a Process Manager shows total processor usage running 0-14% with basic processes running using 502.27 MB of memory usage. This fluctuates as CPU usage fluctuates.

Firing up Replay Music shows RM using 0% of CPU and 27,152kb of memory being used - although, if you sit and watch it without using RM at all, the memory usage increases slowly. Importing 6 songs used <1% of CPU and 14kb of memory. Resetting and clearing the RM menu and then importing 60 songs did not increase CPU usage and used 262kb of memory. Resetting and then attempting to import 101 songs resulted in CPU usage, an increase of 7,504kb in memory usage and no songs imported.

Resetting and clearing the window and RM is now using 34,656kb and climbing, as long as the window is active. The memory cache is not clearing. I remember back in early versions of Windows (3.1 - 98) the resources (memory) used by programs would not give it back when the program was closed. Rebooting was the only way to fix that. RM seems to be doing the same thing. The software techs should be able to fix this.

For what it's worth, I'm running:

Operating System System Model (Technician Built)
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

Processor
2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Main Circuit Board
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M2N-SLI 1.XX
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS M2N SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 0701 03/04/2008

Drives
1120.24 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
1058.70 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

Memory Modules