PDA

View Full Version : Demo not capturing Lastfm

Pete
10-12-2008, 04:27 PM
I have been trying out the Demo this weekend. I am able to cature Pandora and musicovery, but am not able to capture Lastfm after the first song. I use firefox 3, start recording before I open the web page, and music plays but the most I get is 1 file, sometimes none.
Unfortunately Pandora uses M4a format and I have not been able to get the tags for their files, although they seem to play well using itunes on my WindowsXP machine. Please let me know what's going on. Pete

Jeff Lenney
10-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi Pete,

Last FM must have changed their streaming format. I was able to record from them using Media Catcher a month ago with no problem. I'll make sure the developer is aware of this issue.

Also, with regards to Pandora, I just opened up my own pandora station, recorded a song and it tagged with no problem: Johnny Cash - Starkville City Jail.m4a

In fact, it recorded AND tagged the entire song in about 5 seconds or so. Do me a favor, in Media Catcher, please click on "help", and then "about" and tell me what version # you're using?

Thanks in advance. :)

Tasha Heinlein
10-13-2008, 09:07 PM
I just tested this, and was able to capture fine. Are you guys using the web stream dumper? Here is a tutorial video on recording last.fm:

http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demos/download_lastfm.php

Let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.