PDA

View Full Version : Replay A/V product discontinued?

Maine63
03-13-2012, 04:07 PM
I was very disappointed to read Applian has discontinued Replay A/V. I've been using A/V for several years now and love it's functionality. Replay Music just doesn't cut it; does not support scheduled recordings, etc. I plan to keep using A/V 8.83B for many moons to come; guess there will be no further releases or upgrades to an excellent product. I just don't get why it would be discontinued.

CharlieSummers
03-13-2012, 07:02 PM
I was very disappointed to read Applian has discontinued Replay A/V.

I admit I am surprised, but not particularly disappointed. Replay A/V was pretty much a one-trick pony; it recorded XM and Sirius streams when nothing else could. It was a lousy podcast client, freeware products can handle writing Shoutcast streams to hard drive much more handily (and using Scheduled Tasks, on a scheduled basis - heck, I have cronjobs set up on a linux box recording a buttload of MP3 streams around the Net), other products are (IMHO) better at recording speaker-output under Windows, so there really isn't much of a place for Replay A/V now that it can't deal (legally, anyway) with SatRad streams.

Still, it would have been nice to have Applian post a sticky about it, instead of having the reference buried deep in another thread. But this will at least give me the push I needed to switch my daily The Bob Edwards Show recordings to another solution dealing with the current streams instead of the kludge of recording the legacy streams, finally dumping Replay A/V completely. Funny that I bought the entire Recording Suite, and have only used one other of the programs twice, and never even bothered to install the other ones.

ravuser
03-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Any sugestions about a program to use instead of RAV, which has a scheduling function built in?

Cheryl Wester
03-15-2012, 07:27 PM
We are still supporting the program. We are also working on a new program for audio recording that by all reports is amazing. We hope to release it prior to the summer.

CharlieSummers
03-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Any sugestions about a program to use instead of RAV, which has a scheduling function built in?

It would be kinda rude to use the Applian support forums to point to non-Applian products, even freeware. I would mention that you already have a scheduler built-in to Windows (Windows7 is really flexible, where XP is a little less-so), and web searches would point to other similar products both commercial and freeware.

Also keep an eye on one of the current legacy-stream work-arounds for an announcement of a public beta, especially this morning with the legacy stream-issues.

James_K_P
03-21-2012, 11:52 AM
We are still supporting the program. We are also working on a new program for audio recording that by all reports is amazing. We hope to release it prior to the summer.

I'm glad you guys are supporting it still and look forward to a new product.

Luckily my favorite station still has a stream with shoutcast technology that I use replay a/v for as most other stations replay a/v really stopped working with. (capture using stream, not audio from speakers)

I hope this new product can't handle all these new advanced streaming formats that most radio stations are using and would allow capture from stream for most.

sgniwder
03-26-2012, 08:45 AM

I was very surprised to see that this program is discontinued. For those of us who have invested in this program, I'm disappointed in this and it is interesting that a "new program" is being developed to replace it. Are there any plans for this new program to be discounted or free to the us Replay A/V owners?

Cheryl Wester
03-28-2012, 11:12 AM
I have not received any information regarding that at this time. Our prices are always amazing so I'm sure you will be happy.

Smokeball
05-20-2012, 04:42 AM
I just upgraded my Replay Capture Suite and was shocked to see that Replay A/V was no longer there. The original Replay Radio is the only reason I purchased this software / upgrades over the years and I was looking forward to seeing what new bells and whistles would be added to Replay A/V. Guess I should have frequented the forums more often. :-(

This long-time customer is very, very disappointed.

Lorelei
06-02-2012, 11:55 AM
I love this software and was shocked to find out it's been discontinued. It does more than just record satellite radio. You could request that ANY online station, even Live365 stations, be added to the directory. I depend on this software to record my live online radio shows so that they can be rebroadcast.

I hope when the new software comes out that it really is better than Replay A/V, and I believe it should be given to loyal Replay A/V users for free, or at the very least at a VERY substantial discount for loyalty to Applian.

Maine63
06-03-2012, 10:40 AM
I love this software and was shocked to find out it's been discontinued. It does more than just record satellite radio. You could request that ANY online station, even Live365 stations, be added to the directory. I depend on this software to record my live online radio shows so that they can be rebroadcast.

I hope when the new software comes out that it really is better than Replay A/V, and I believe it should be given to loyal Replay A/V users for free, or at the very least at a VERY substantial discount for loyalty to Applian.

I agree. I love the original product; it worked wonderfully for me. If Applian staff (Cheryl Webster, see above) is correct, we should be seeing the new product released very shortly. Applian staff has been very good and their product is wonderful, so the level of expectation is high! :)

Ukali700
06-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Adding another voice...

I, too, use this program daily and am disappointed that it was discontinued. Applian made it unnecessary to have to scour the internet looking for comparable products. Now I dread the day when AV stops working altogether and hope the promised "new" software actually does what AV had been doing so well.

Greasy Gus
06-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Hardest working software on my machine is A/V 8. Sorry to see it go.

That said, early posts said summer would see its replacement. Any updates as to when?

cheltor
06-14-2012, 01:57 AM
AV Replay was brilliant, as a homesick pom living in New Zealand, it allowed me to record BBC programs (my lifeline) unattended using the scheduler, to play the next day getting over the 12 hour time difference with the UK. I hope the Replay AV replacement will allow me to do the same. I am very keen to know when it will be available. Any information Applian please?????

Cheryl Wester
06-17-2012, 03:10 PM
We are still in the beginning testing stages. We don't even have it ready for beta yet. It is great and so far I'm extremely impressed with how it is working. I don't know when it is going to be released.

mishap
06-19-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm sure there would be some Replay A/V users here more than willing to help with Beta testing.

cheltor
06-20-2012, 02:31 AM
Thanks for the update, please continue to keep us informed and should you be looking for any testers, I for one would be very happy to help.

Jeff Lenney
06-21-2012, 11:08 PM
We'll most likely just be testing it internally, but if we do change our minds we'll let you know. :-)

As of now, it's not even named yet (that i'm aware of) and programming is not done :)

Greasy Gus
06-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Please hurry! Major radio programs are falling behind the IHeart curtain.

wadio
07-09-2012, 05:56 PM
The email I received today from Applian shows Replay AV on the Capture Suite box! That was a glimmer of hope but it was an old pix I guess.

Replay AV was a unique product ... its functionality needs to be brought back and enhanced. Looking forward to the new product.

DADEO
07-10-2012, 06:36 AM
Ditto to the above.

Cheryl Wester
07-10-2012, 10:01 AM
In testing the new program is awesome. We are really excited about it and hope to have it ready for release in the near future. I don't have any other details on this as of yet.

Greasy Gus
07-13-2012, 03:19 PM
<Drums finger while waiting for new product>
Any sense of urgency there at Applian? Sure is a sense of urgency out here. One by one the shows I record disappear behind some new format.

juanlfm
07-14-2012, 01:08 AM
What will Replay A/V do that Replay Media Catcher doesn´t?

Cheryl Wester
07-14-2012, 09:33 PM
The new program is going to be called Replay Radio 9. It is going to work great for audio capturing and for stream capturing from a lot of radio sites. That is something that Media Catcher doesn't always due as they capture different streams. There will be some overlap but I don't know all as we are still in Alpha on this program.

bre
07-15-2012, 11:22 AM
I want to be able to fast forward on my recordings. I record a lot of AM radio shows and want to skip those stupid commercials. What is best for that? I am using free Replay Media Catcher 4 and intend to purchase it but it's player really sucks.

juanlfm
07-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Why not use the VLC Media Player.

Greasy Gus
07-16-2012, 04:05 PM
I want to be able to fast forward on my recordings. I record a lot of AM radio shows and want to skip those stupid commercials. What is best for that? I am using free Replay Media Catcher 4 and intend to purchase it but it's player really sucks. Try Media Splitter to replay. Shift-arrow forward and you advance 2 seconds. A simple arrow forward move you 1 second forward. Best feature yet is if you want to clip and save a segment of the broadcast the tools are right there. Media Splitter is an awesome media player, far more flexible than WMP.

Greasy Gus
07-16-2012, 04:07 PM
The new program is going to be called Replay Radio 9. It is going to work great for audio capturing and for stream capturing from a lot of radio sites. That is something that Media Catcher doesn't always due as they capture different streams. There will be some overlap but I don't know all as we are still in Alpha on this program.Will the new product be able to schedule recording a la AV/8? Scheduled recording is important . . . . really important.

Cheryl Wester
07-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Yes, it does have scheduling. Thanks.

Lingohocken
07-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Really looking forward to it, Cheryl!

Jeff Lenney
07-22-2012, 12:02 AM
Really looking forward to it, Cheryl!

From what I'm hearing so far it'll be worth the wait :)

Cammo
07-28-2012, 10:14 AM
As a loyal RAV customer for years, I too am looking forward to the new program. It is very frustrating playing the cat & mouse game trying to keep up with new streaming methods as companies intentionally try to thwart stream recording. My concern is what can Applian do differently to remedy this. It seems to me like it would be out of their control to keep ahead of the changes instead of constantly playing catch up. The only way I can see a resolution is to pay royalties...which of course just raises the price we pay...which, if reasonable, I probably would not object to as I think we expect too much at no charge from the internet. But be reasonable. I checked out DAR.FM as recommended and after 5 recordings its something like $30.00 a month. Way too much IMO. Anyway, good luck with the new version, I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival.

Greasy Gus
08-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Once again another long recorded radio program disappears into the borg,

Cammo
09-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Which one did you lose? I've had several come & go but with a little research rise again!

Gord-S
09-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Hey Jeff & Applian ... will RAV9 have some of the same features as RAV8. Specifically
- ability to record shows longer than 60 min
- ability to separate shows into timed length segments
- link to format conversions

How is it working for captures on Flash player feeds from CBC and BBC .. I know these are a pain to work with using RAV8.

Gord

Cheryl Wester
09-03-2012, 02:52 PM
We don't know all it is going to have, I'm afraid. it will be able to schedule a show for longer than 60 minutes I do know.

jmardian
09-19-2012, 02:25 PM
As summer is drawing to a close...any update as to a release date for the new product?

cheltor
09-20-2012, 04:00 PM
I also am keen to know if there is any update on the availability of the new 'Replay Radio' program that replaces 'AV Replay' - Applian.... Do you have an approximate date yet ? PLEASE!

Cheryl Wester
09-20-2012, 07:05 PM
I have been told one to two months. Thanks.

Jeff Lenney
09-20-2012, 11:39 PM
Rumor has it - 1 to 2 months!!

Edit: I see that Cheryl just said that :)

jmardian
10-06-2012, 07:45 PM
I just got the email that mentioned Replay Radio 9. Is that the name of the new product that will replace Replay A/V?

Cheryl Wester
10-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Yes, it is the name. Thanks.

DADEO
10-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Is everyone receiving this e-mail? I have not and sure would like to.

Cheryl Wester
10-08-2012, 07:27 PM
We will be notifying people when the program is ready for release. If you haven't signed up for our newsletters please do so. Then you get all the info!

JoeM
10-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Do people who had replayAV get a copy of the new program? Or do they have to buy it? I got my replayAV and its never worked right.. Was sold RAV as a program to download siruis and its never worked consistently..

roooo
10-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Do people who had replayAV get a copy of the new program? Or do they have to buy it? I got my replayAV and its never worked right.. Was sold RAV as a program to download siruis and its never worked consistently..

It always worked fine for me. Whenever a problem happened, it was due to Sirius putting up roadblocks - I can't think of the time in the last five years that I've had this product that it did not work due to the program itself.

JoeM
10-10-2012, 12:34 AM
roooo -- i hear ya.. Though regardless to sirius putting up roadblocks or not-- the program was being advertised as able to download sirius-- which it didnt do even from the start.. Was only after people here on the boards came up with solutions to work around the problem was any recording able to happen(and even the spooty at best).. Even now-- I cant record things im listening to through my computer speakers cause of some flash update.. With little to no program updating every showing up since i purchased the program-- and various reasons on "why" my rav didnt record my shows-- I still am not able to record the shows i originally purchased the program for.. So my question is-- will i now have to buy a second program to achieve the results i was looking for with the first program I purchased???

Cheryl Wester
10-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Our upgrades are based on when you purchased the program. Replay Radio is a brand new program and will work differently than Replay AV. I don't have pricing or details as of yet. Thanks.

mishap
10-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Any chance we could get a separate thread going for Replay Radio 9? Maybe even its own sub-forum? Sooner would be better, as it would really help spur interest in this product before its release (though there seems to be quite a bit of interest already).

Lingohocken
12-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Latest ETA? [sound of crickets chirping]

Cheryl Wester
12-13-2012, 06:18 PM
We don't have a date at this time. When it is ready I will post on the discussion board. Thanks for your continued patience.

jmardian
04-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Any update...is the project still alive?

Lingohocken
04-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Why the original and excellent A/V was discontinued is a stretch to comprehend unless something meaningful, presumably for more platforms, was reasonably certain to appear in short order -- obviously, it didn't meet that standard. Thankfully, bulletproof v8.83 continues to perform just fine, at least in Win7 (no idea about Win8). I have zero financial interest in Applian's ownership, but if it were my company I can't imagine mothballing a viable product until the upgrade were at least a beta offering.

Even Applian seems to have given up on any meaningful status update, much less an ETA. If the bus driver can't say with some certainty where the bus is headed or when it will get there, what are the passengers supposed to think?

Cheryl Wester
04-15-2013, 07:28 PM
All I can say is that it is getting closer. Technology has changed a lot and we want people to be thrilled with this program.

Lingohocken
04-16-2013, 07:26 AM
All I can say is that it is getting closer. Technology has changed a lot and we want people to be thrilled with this program.

Thanks, Cheryl. Hope it works out.

Taking Too Long
05-26-2013, 08:18 AM

We're almost to June 2013 and this product STILL has not been released yet?

I remember checking this forum out last October for some information when AV 8 ceased functioning in any worthwhile capacity. The promises made on this forum back at that time were "Our new program should be out by the end of the year!" and "It's coming soon!'

Now I see you are still saying that your new product is "Coming soon!" Sorry, I am not very impressed and my patience has long since run out.

Lingohocken
05-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Applian appears to be using an outside contract individual who has been moving about. Such arrangements tend to increase the odds of a project's stretching out and missing deadlines -- or being aborted. The original ReplayRadio was the handiwork of Tom Mayes and/or Bill Dettering, if my memory serves me correctly. The result was first-rate; too bad they apparently aren't doing the announced upgrade.

Cheryl Wester
05-27-2013, 08:28 AM
Technology has been changing a lot and we want to have a product of a high quality. It is getting closer and in our testing I'm sure all will feel that the wait is worth while. Thanks for your continued patience.

emacee1701
07-02-2013, 03:38 AM
I'm also looking forward to the new program.

In the meantime, I need to download the old AV. I can't find any link to re-download AV on this site.

If there is a link, please post it.

If not, I think it was a mistake to remove all traces of the old AV before (more than a year now) launching the new program.

Thanks.

Lingohocken
07-02-2013, 07:43 AM
Go here, but for full use you'll need a password which you likely can't get because it's no longer being sold. Catch 22!
http://applian.com/replay-av/demo.php

Maybe you can beg Cheryl for mercy or buy her a box of yummy chocolates and see if she will provide a temp code until the replacement materializes.

Cheryl Wester
07-02-2013, 09:42 AM
You are able to use activation code that you already own to use this.

jmardian
11-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Replay Radio 9 Here: http://applian.com/replay-radio/