PDA

View Full Version : Replay Converter 3.0: FFMPEG.EXE issue

mhaynes
10-12-2008, 10:56 AM
I just purchased the AV 8 Bundle in hope of having Replay Converter convert my HULU .flv to MPEG4 ( H.264) to be able to play on the PlayStation 3... but alas... 'no worky!'

Every other format that I pick works... except MPEG4 ( H.264) or AVI ( H.264 ) ( Low, Medium and High )

I have rebooted, I have uninstalled/reinstalled..... nada.

I keep getting the FFMPEG.exe failure msg.

Pls help?

Jeff Lenney
10-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Hi,

What operating system are you using? If you are using Vista 64bit, it probably won't work unfortunately but i'd like you to try running RC in admin mode.

If it's Vista 32bit then please try running RC in admin mode. Also, what version of Replay Converter are you using, you can determine this by clicking the plus/cross shaped icon in the top LEFT corner of the main screen.

Thanks. :)

geekymamaw
10-15-2008, 03:05 AM
I upgraded to replay converter 3.12 and it works great. I also upgraded the newest version of Replay AV 8.44 and it still has the old version of replay converter 2.8 embedded in it. Will it still work if I set it to record and convert one of my favorite streaming shows, Twit Live Netcast? Is there a way to get it to automatically use the newest 3.12 converter? It is the only one that really works for my IPOD conversion. Thanks in advance.

flvrecor3r
10-15-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm unsure of the question here, but can help confirm the latest individual versions of the Replay components do work to record and convert what you want. I too record TWiT. As to the suite integration I'll defer.

The TWiT LiVE stream recently changed to VP6F and Nellymoser from H.264 and MP3. Replay Media Catcher and Replay Converter handle this existing stream without breaking a sweat.

You should be able to capture the stream regardless with Replay Media Catcher, but the conversion becomes more difficult if the stream is switched back to H.264 and MP3. That's like Hulu hi-res files streamed live. Stickam I guess could change to another format too.

I have to tweak the aspect ratio when converting.

I'd be interested to know how this works out for you.

http://live.twit.tv

Trip_Fall
10-22-2008, 05:16 PM
I'm afraid I'm having the ffmpeg.exe crash as well on my Vista 32bit system. I've set Replay Converter (version 3.12) to run as administrator, as well as ffmpeg.exe when it first crashed, in hopes it would solve the problem. The videos I'm trying to convert are 43-45 minutes long and were captured with Real Media Catcher (3.01) from Hulu in the standard res (360p). They play perfectly in the Replay FLV player, but any attempt to convert to any MPEG or AVI formats crashes ffmpeg.exe and Replay Converter gives up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can convert to WMV, which will play on my Archos 704 just fine, but I would prefer the AVI format.

-- Trip

melanchete
10-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Hi,

What operating system are you using? If you are using Vista 64bit, it probably won't work unfortunately but i'd like you to try running RC in admin mode.

If it's Vista 32bit then please try running RC in admin mode. Also, what version of Replay Converter are you using, you can determine this by clicking the plus/cross shaped icon in the top LEFT corner of the main screen.

Thanks. :)

I run Vista 64bit and it works like a charm. I believe that you will find that ffmpeg.exe stalls, which Windows complains the it has crashed. It really hasn't. If you click through the error is it happens the converter functions as it should. I still think that it is an Antivirus issue. Or am memory management issue. Here try the following AV/firewall program: http://www.eset.com

I sure would like to see Applian start compiling 64bit versions of their products. This would help utilize all the memory available.

Trip_Fall
10-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Well, I found the solution to my problem with the ffmpeg.exe crashing, and the subsequent, incessant COM Surrogate and Windows Media Player crashes when browsing and/or attempting to play any videos. I didn't know these errors were related until I searched the internet for the COM Surrogate/WMP problem. The detailed error information mentioned the DLL file "libavcodec.dll" as the culprit.

Here's what I did, though all steps may not need to be taken:

1. Uninstall all other video converter-type programs (I'd recently installed a few others, but you can probably skip this step unless you don't need the other programs).
2. Search your hard drive for "libavcodec.dll" or the DLL that is crashing for you.
3. Rename any instance NOT in your Replay Converter folder to "libavcodec.dll.bak" (or whatever your DLL name is, add ".bak" to the end).
4. Try your conversions again with Replay Converter.

If this doesn't work to solve the ffmpeg.exe error, try uninstalling and reinstalling Replay Converter, rebooting in between and after. It also sometimes helps to move your videos out of the "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\..." folder. Make a new folder directly on the
"C:\" drive itself (or another drive entirely if you have partitions or multiple hard drives). Your new folder would look something like "C:\Replay Videos". Also, set your Output directory in Replay Converter to a similar (or the same) folder directly on the "C:\" drive, like "C:\Replay Videos Converted". This works for Windows XP users as well, just move them from the "Documents and Settings" folder.

I hope this helps some people with this annoying problem. I have the K-Lite Codec pack installed, which caused the conflict between the codecs for it and Replay Converter. I was able to solve my ffmpeg.exe error, as well as the related errors, just by renaming the codec in my K-Lite directory. Now I can convert to every format perfectly. :)