PDA

View Full Version : Replay Media Catcher is not capturing YouTube videos

astropoke
02-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Just upgraded to the latest version of RMC. It worked fine with YouTube for a couple of days, but now every time I try to download YouTube videos (http://vixy.net/), it never gets any more than 1740KB and then it quits. The small file is not playable at all. What am I doing wrong?

Jeff Lenney
02-04-2012, 01:24 AM
Hi - Please make sure that you always open Replay Media Catcher and click the "record" button BEFORE you browse to the site that you wish to capture from. Also, please try deleting your temporary internet files from your browser's cache.

Let me know if this helps please! :-)

astropoke
02-04-2012, 07:28 AM
I cleared the Firefox browser cache and started RMC recording before going to YouTube, and still had the same problem..... stopping at 1740K with an unplayable file generated. That's with Firefox 9.0.1 and Firefox 10 (just upgraded). However, I found a workaround, since RMC works perfectly under Internet Explorer on the same machine. All the files generated there are valid and RMC is well-behaved. So, I'm happy to have a way to get things working.

canadianemigre
02-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi, I am having the EXACT same problem and I really prefer Firefox so would like to know if there is another solution.

I do open RMC before I go the site. Clearing the cache sometimes works to capture ONE video, but then it's back to the same problem the next one I try.

eta: exact in that it's 1740 kb, one thing that is different/not previously mentioned is that often when it downloads a video this way, then it starts downloading several copies of that file one after the other - and there's only the one video on youtube open that never downloads correctly.....again, clearing the cache only stops this process to download one video correctly if at all

UGotServed
02-12-2012, 02:36 PM
I've encountered the same problem with Firefox 10.x

Unfortunately, I have encountered other bugs related to Firefox 10.x as well so I don't expect Applian to be able to fix it.

jschlayb
02-13-2012, 06:12 PM
I upgraded to RMX 4.3.2 (I guess - there are SO MANY versions in the "About" Tab and none says RMC - separate issue) this weekend for the explicit reason to solve this problem from an earlier version of RMC 3.x. The test video I had troubel with come down just fine with teh TRIAL 4.x version of RMC so I went a shelled out the $9.95 for the upgrade. But still having erratic behavior as some videos seemed to come down completely but others still having trouble. Here is an example:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=honeymooners+cottage&oq=honeymooners+cottage&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=29596l34029l0l34282l24l24l2l7l4l4l270l2394l 3.9.3l15l0

Also cleared my cache, restarted FF and RMC. Nothing seems to work and I found a bunch of files tonight that will not come down but I just get little 1.7M files which don't play/open.

I will try IE but I really can't stand that application and need to have RMC work consistently with FF 9.X.

jschlayb
02-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Sorry wrong URL. Here's the correct one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRFyd58X3Uc

jschlayb
02-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Nope IE did not work for me. Same small 1.7M file which restarts over and over.

Need a fix!

wodanbrlam
02-14-2012, 09:06 PM
http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/11.gif
http://www.canadablackberry.com/imgs/images/3.gif
I appreciate your self-confidence a lot.

hertz2bu
02-15-2012, 03:38 PM
I just updated my Media Catcher to the latest version now can not capture YouTube videos.
Tried Fire Fox and IE as explained above with no success

Update: I uninstalled Version 4.3.2 and reinstalled previous version 4.2.8 - I can now capture YouTube without any issues!

juanlfm
02-16-2012, 02:13 AM
I am experiencing some inconsistency also with version 4.3.2. Some YouTube videos download and others donīt, but I suspect it is due to Google rather than RMC. Could that be the reason I wonder. It is frustrating.

Jeff Lenney
02-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Hi Juan

Forgive me for asking, but have you tried clearing your browser cache? I get this sometimes MYSELF even and a good browser cache clearing fixed it each time for me :)

juanlfm
02-17-2012, 10:42 AM
You are absolutely right. I have told others and forgot to do it myself. I am getting old I guess.

Jeff Lenney
02-17-2012, 09:39 PM
You are absolutely right. I have told others and forgot to do it myself. I am getting old I guess.

LOL No worries Juan, I forget myself sometimes :-)

DaveMontana
02-20-2012, 08:01 PM
I also am having this issue: not capturing Youtube vids. Was working fine for many many months. No recent changes. Firefox 4.01. I have cleared the cache, restarted everything, uninstalled / reinstalled vers 4.3.2. I always start recording BEFORE I navigate to a site. Also NOT working with IE-8. Any Ideas ? >>> Update: Upgraded to FF 10.0 and it goes thru the motions but now it's doing the "1740 kb unplayable file" thing ...Which it wasn't doing before ... (and on some videos it doen't even "try", I just get zip ... <<<
---------- A real dome scratcher --------- Anyone, Anyone ??? :)

--- Dave

hira2
03-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Hi - Please make sure that you always open Replay Media Catcher and click the "record" button BEFORE you browse to the site that you wish to capture from. Also, please try deleting your temporary internet files from your browser's cache.

jschlayb
03-24-2012, 05:41 AM
So Jeff Lenny,

Is there a fix for this issue coming? It seems like a 'band-aid' to have users flush their cache to get a correct file download/capture, when previous versions did not have this issue. And this 'solution' is not 100% even on the same video file.

I also no longer seem to be able to download more than one video from YouTube without falling into this issue, so now I need to do them one at a time, and if the show/movie is broken into parts, wait for each part to complete (if it does) before trying the next segment, and if it fails clear the cache or kill FF or both.

duane
03-27-2012, 11:27 PM
mine works sometimes,,,,,,,, some i cant capture and some i can,, naturally its the ones i really want is the ones it doesnt lol,, what do we do now, i cant get the fix either,,,,, gets a we wont let you a error 403, which is a hey stupid we got ya,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

dalfort
04-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Encountering the same problem... RMC 4.2.8 won't capture YouTube videos no matter what browser is used; whether or not it's started before the video page is accessed; and whether or not the browser's cache has been cleared. Seems to be a serious flaw in the application. It sure would be nice if someone from Applian would respond with a solution that works or, better still, make the app work right in the first place!

Jeff Lenney
04-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Hi All

If you're having issues with this, please submit a ticket to tech support so we can analyze and give your issue specific attention.

Thanks!

VCN
04-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Can anyone confirm if RMC no longer works with YouTube? It only goes as far as 1740 kb then stops. Have tried FF, IE, Chrome ... have emptied cache ... have tried RMC V4 & V3 ... have tried on separate computers ... nothing works.

Jeff Lenney
04-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Works fine - just tried it on all three browsers now.

Strange - has anything changed on your pc or network security?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/ximadorkx/rmcworkingfine.jpg

emkay4597
04-26-2012, 03:54 AM
you have to stream the file in the highest resolution

VCN
04-26-2012, 06:09 AM
Thanks for responding.
Nope - nothing has changed. It worked fine one day; the next day it stopped working (literally overnight). There were no upgrades made; no changes made. I also did a system restore a few days back to the point when RMC was working. Still, didn't work. -

I have RMC V3 which I got as a stand-alone and RMC V4 which I got from the suite pkge. I upgraded V4 to 4.4.1 but it messed up my system & had to uninstall & reinstall 4.1.1

Firefox & V3 is the version of choice. Through a process of elimination using different browsers & other possible obstructions, I concluded that perhaps youtube changed its codes & RMC no longer worked? In all cases, it stops at 1740 kb regardless of which browser, RMC version or computer I use.

Is there anything else I should be looking for.
Thank you

VCN
04-26-2012, 06:31 AM
Jeff ... correction.

A week ago I replaced AVG with Windows Security Essentials. However RMC still worked after then.
WSE does automatic updates. I'm now wondering if it's preventing RMC from working? If so, is there a patch or other way to set filters to get around this?
Thanks

VCN
04-26-2012, 06:48 AM
Jeff - sorry to be a pest .... (another correction)
I'm still using AVG on one computer - but Windows Security Essentials on another.

juanlfm
04-27-2012, 12:30 AM
This probably will not help but I am not experiencing any problems. Try changing the resolution. I can not think of anything else.

VCN
04-29-2012, 05:08 AM
[QUOTE=Jeff Lenney;28593]Works fine - just tried it on all three browsers now.

Strange - has anything changed on your pc or network security?

Jeff - I've tried what's been suggested through these threads but nothing seems to work.
You mentioned that it worked for you. Was it a complete capture? ... I'm still only able to capture 1.70mb even though RMC says that the capture was "complete".

Another question ...
RMC4 has a download option but I don't see any instructions. Does this feature work?

I submitted a ticket several days ago but have not heard anything back.

wtmky
05-03-2012, 05:51 AM
I have encountered the same problem which began sometime after April 20. I converted the 1.70Mb file to MPEG4 with Media Converter then ran the resulting file with Quicktime. It turns out to be a text file. It means nothing to me but perhaps could be used for troublshooting by Applian technical staff?

VCN
05-03-2012, 07:38 AM
It's still a hit 'n miss for me (about 95% misses). Can't explain why I'm only able to capture about 5% attempts but zilch most of the time.
It appears to be an issue with Youtube. I noticed that others who are using other DL programs are experiencing similar issues of reaching 1.7Mb capacity as well. - Funny thing tho' I don't have problems when viewing Youtube from a 2nd-party source.

mrrick
05-05-2012, 05:31 AM
I have the RMC V3.01 and have been using it bug free for years without cache cleaning on Firefox and Internet Explorer but....like the others here now, I am getting a stop at 1.70MB. I've tried cleaning the cache with CCLEANER then immediately click onto the video (with RMC already started) and still no go. Something has changed somewhere... I've changed nothing in my computer since this "glitch" ? Any thoughts on this, workarounds would be appreciated. Thanks Rick

peleus
05-05-2012, 09:42 AM
I would revert to the previous version while admins are still checking on this. So far, this issue is pretty much known. https://imagicon.info/cat/14-16/1.gif

Jeff Lenney
05-06-2012, 12:16 AM
I have the RMC V3.01 and have been using it bug free for years without cache cleaning on Firefox and Internet Explorer but....like the others here now, I am getting a stop at 1.70MB. I've tried cleaning the cache with CCLEANER then immediately click onto the video (with RMC already started) and still no go. Something has changed somewhere... I've changed nothing in my computer since this "glitch" ? Any thoughts on this, workarounds would be appreciated. Thanks Rick

I see you're using version 3. That version had it's last update over 2 years ago, then we switched to version 4 which is a much more solid program over all

Still though, Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?

Arnold
05-06-2012, 11:23 AM
I think there may have been some change in Youtube earlier this year. I've noticed the same thing with files of 1.7MB in length when using Firefox, Explorer, and Opera. I'm thinking this may require some change in the Media Catcher software.

LondonGary
05-07-2012, 11:03 AM
It's probably not a fault with Applian. I get files of 1,740kb - along with a 1kb meta file - when downloading Flash content from YouTube using RealPlayer. They don't play. I've gone through all possible fixes - update RP, updated Flash, cleared Temporary Internet Files - and it still happens.

So it seems the problem is across browsers and across player applications.

And this video - which is not from YouTube - downlaods and plays fine:
http://www.cleartechinfo.com/How-To-Delete-Internet-Explorer-8-History-Cookies-Cache-Passwords

Which suggests the source of the problem is YouTube.

So now what? Do we storm the offices of YouTube?

dmc0942
05-07-2012, 01:40 PM
i just recently began having the same problem.....freerecorder using applian software was saving the u tube videos quite well and then i could save and convert as designed. despite updating the software, deleting and reinstalling it, it still wont recognize any of the u tube videos....any fixes recently discovered? thanks, dmc

dmc0942
05-07-2012, 01:41 PM
i just recently began having the same problem.....freerecorder using applian software was saving the u tube videos quite well and then i could save and convert as designed. now it wont recognize any of the u tube videos....any fixes recently discovered? thanks, dmc

dmc0942
05-07-2012, 01:42 PM
i just recently began having the same problem.....freerecorder using applian software was saving the u tube videos quite well and then i could save and convert as designed. now (just since april of 2012, it wont recognize any of the u tube videos....any fixes recently discovered? thanks, dmc

dmc0942
05-07-2012, 01:43 PM
i just recently began having the same problem.....free recorder using Applian software was saving the u tube videos quite well and then i could save and convert as designed. now (just since april of 2012, it wont recognize any of the u tube videos....any fixes recently discovered? thanks, dmc

Arnold
05-10-2012, 04:36 AM
Try going to a YouTube video with Opera and let the video load completely. Then look at the cache (about:cache). Enter 99999999999 for max size, check all the boxes for video files, then click "List all domains". In the cache there you will see a number of files that are 1.74MB and one which is a smaller size. So, I think that YouTube is feeding the browser its cache in 1.74MB segments. I think the Media Catcher program needs to be updated so it can make a video file out of this.

I also noticed something else. It used to be that you could start a YouTube video and put it on pause. Then, wait for the entire video to load into cache. This is no longer the case. It will load to a certain point and then stop (maybe 1.74MB worth?). I understand why this is because there is no sense in loading the whole video if you are not watching it, but I think this affects video stream recording.

Bartontb
05-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Like other users, I get multiple 1.7MB files when trying to record from YouTube. Using IE 9 and RMC 4.4.1.

Bartontb
05-17-2012, 02:46 PM
I have the same problem recording from YouTube - get multiple 1.7MB recordings. Using IE9 and RMC 4.4.1

Hoot
05-17-2012, 04:31 PM
"An error occurred. Please try again later." I have been getting this a lot...almost all the time now...when trying to record a file from youtube. The problems seemed to start after upgrading to 4.2.2.0...that is the version of armcp.exe and it is 68.3kb.
I am wondering if someone...youtube...or my isp...or applian..is using "anti-leeching" to discourage us from recording the vids. I am using windows7 home and use Firefox 12.0. Sometimes I get 360p .flv ok but when I click on the "change quality" button on youtube and select a higher quality...I get the error. I have changed my wan ip and different DNS but this didn't help. If it is anti-leeching it could be cookies they set on my computer to identify me as one of those "leeches" who use up too much bandwidth. This is all happening during the time of day when I have good bandwidth...~5Mbps. No bottlenecks during this time of day.

Hoot
05-17-2012, 04:44 PM
"An error occurred. Please try again later." from youtube when trying to record using Replay Media Catcher 4. Replay Media Catcher 4 tells me that I have the latest version. My armcp.exe version says 4.2.2.0....size: 68.3kb. And I noticed many other people here are giving various versions...some bigger than my number. I did not have this problem with youtube errors with the previous version. It is only happening since my upgrade. I am wondering if what I am seeing is "anti-leeching" blocking from either YouTube, my ISP, or Applian. I know there are free versions of video capture programs but they don't seem to work either...even though they brag that they defeat "anti-leeching" which they say is being done by YouTube. Too bad Applian doesn't seem to support "anti-leeching"....and I had to pay for that.

Hoot
05-17-2012, 04:55 PM
LondonGary..I also had no problem recording that video you mentioned....even when selecting the higher quality of flv. I suspect it is probably Google...or just some YouTube servers that are causing the problem...or that our bandwidth usage has been duly noted and we have selectively been "blackballed" using the "anti-leeching" technology that they are using. I have found some web sites that provide high quality videos, that don't go through YouTube and I had no problems. It seems to only be YouTube causing the problems.

Hoot
05-17-2012, 04:59 PM
"anti-leeching" technology.

tiginkaptanoglu
05-18-2012, 02:07 PM
hi all,
it looks like youtube are pushing their videos to cache in 1.7mb chunks, so the problem is browser-independent. i just tried to append the files at the end of each other and create one flv file, but that failed to play, probably because each 1.7mb file has a file header that we need to strip out while appending. we only need to know the header size and we would be good to go :)

Jeff Lenney
05-21-2012, 12:19 AM
hi all,
it looks like youtube are pushing their videos to cache in 1.7mb chunks, so the problem is browser-independent. i just tried to append the files at the end of each other and create one flv file, but that failed to play, probably because each 1.7mb file has a file header that we need to strip out while appending. we only need to know the header size and we would be good to go :)

No need - we have resolved this issue

If you're still experiencing this - please upgrade RMC to the latest version from here: http://applian.com/download-videos/ :-)

patate33
10-02-2012, 05:49 AM
I know this thread goes back a few months but I may have found a workaround. I use RMC 3.11 and IE9

- clear the cache from IE9
- start RMC and clear the video history
- go to the Youtube page you wish to capture
- after it has downloaded its 1.7Mb file, pause the Youtube video, change its resolution to the highest setting, rewind to the beginning and play again until the end
- nothing new will show in the main RMC window, but if you go to the video history, you will notice the HD version of the video has downloaded entirely to the temporary storage in mp4 format
- simply highlight the title and choose "save media"
- in your RMC download directory, you now have the complete HD file from Youtube in mp4 format

Hope it works for all of you

JamesJ30t
10-06-2012, 05:05 PM
I have the same problem recording from YouTube - get multiple 1.7MB recordings. Using IE9 and RMC 4.4.4.
1740 kb files or queue for download.

mikeis2cool
10-19-2012, 07:10 AM
I have the same issue with RMC 4.4.5 using IE9, FF10, and GC v22. If I try to use the audio recorder it goes crazy with beeping and chopping the music so fast it sounds like an echo. Clicking the stop button and trying to close the program would not work to end the chaos! I had to start windows task manager and kill the process to make it stop. In the RMC recording folder it shows repeated numbered .wav files (325 of them!), each 8.04 kb. YouTube is only trouble spot currently.