PDA

View Full Version : RTMP Live Streaming Recording Duration Issue

highrise955
01-25-2012, 12:20 AM
I hope this isn't a repeat question but I scanned the forum and couldn't find anything about my issue.

I am recording live streams via RTMP. The video/audio comes through just fine when I play it in a viewer. However, the clip duration always shows a much greater length that it actually is (i.e. shows vid is 1h 20m long, actual length is 45m).

While watching the video the slide bar that shows the current location of the video will actually jump 5, 10 or more minutes at a time. Putting the video through a convertor I noticed that during those "jump" times there is actually a frozen frame that lasts the entire duration.

I have tried tweaking the settings and using "Fix FLV" and "Fix Duration" all to no avail. The actual live stream does not pause so I know that is not the issue.

I hope I have described my situation concisely. Any assistance would be appreciated.

HighRise955

Jeff Lenney
01-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Heya HighRise, welcome to the forum!

Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?

highrise955
01-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Can anyone help me with this?

Jeff Lenney
01-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Patience please - it's the weekend after all. :)

MyFreeCams works fine and is one of our most requested sites to record from. Does this ONLY happen on recording from MFC, or are you having this issue with other sites as well?

And just to clarify, they play back fine...just the time/length of the recording is incorrect, do I have that right?

highrise955
01-31-2012, 01:19 AM
Sorry about that.

Yes, they play back fine. However, the time counter will jump many times. (For example, from 3:23 8:12) When examining the file I discovered that there is a frozen frame that takes up the entire width of that jumped time. I don't know if it has to do with the frames per second of Flash Player or something else. I've noticed that when I convert the flv file that my conversion program says it is 1000 fps. I was hoping to be able to lower that rate but can't find out how or if it is even possible. BTW, the same thing happens on FireFox, Chrome and Safari. I am running Windows 7 64-Bit.

The reason this is an issue for me is because when I bring the recording file into a movie or animation program I have to spend a lot of time to search out the frozen frames and delete them.

highrise955
02-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Is anyone else having problems recording live streams as I have described it? It's like a single frame gets frozen for a second or two even though the actual recording appeared smooth the whole time on screen. A recording that was maybe 10 minutes or so is noted as being 45 minutes long, all because of the "frozen" frames.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Jeff Lenney
02-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Heya HighRise - sorry for the delay - i've been testing this on and off for a few days and i'm not able to replicate your issue unfortunately. Great news that it works for me, not so great for you :)

Have you tried clearing your cache, and even trying with another Internet Browser?

highrise955
02-03-2012, 01:37 AM
I cleared my cache and as I have already stated, I have tried it on Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Would it help if I sent you a small video so you can see exactly what I am referring to?

Jeff Lenney
02-04-2012, 01:26 AM
I cleared my cache and as I have already stated, I have tried it on Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Would it help if I sent you a small video so you can see exactly what I am referring to?

Yeah, that's fine - it'd be too big to send via email of this forum - can you upload it somewhere and PM me the link?

Thanks

Jeff

UGotServed
02-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Could you post your system specifications? Also, what kind of AV do you have?

willie001
02-08-2012, 08:01 PM
I cleared my cache and as I have already stated, I have tried it on Firefox, Chrome and Safari. http://www.amzcard.info/g.gif

UGotServed
02-09-2012, 01:53 AM
You posted that you are using Win 7 x64.

So what processor do you have? How much physical memory? What type of hard drive (IDE, SATA, SSD)? What kind of network card? Have you updated the drivers to the network card?

Have you tried to monitor how your system resources were being used (with taskmanager) to see if there was something that caused the one frame?

That sort of question was what I had.

The reason why I'm asking was that I used to have a similar problem with another Applian product on a slower system.

highrise955
02-10-2012, 12:40 AM
I have a Compaq Presario CQ5210Y.
Processor = AMD Athlon II X2 215 Dual Core
RAM = 4 GB
HDD = 500Gb SATA

I have tried "Best Performance", "Best Appearance" and "Let Windows Decide...". I have monitored Task Manager and everything seems fine. I have tried multiple cams on MFC and even tried it on a Toshiba Satellite L305D s5895 laptop with the same results.

I don't know what else to try and I am getting very frustrated. I paid for this product (RMC4) and it is not working! I was thinking about getting RVC but I have little confidence in Aplian and I do not want to dish out another $40 and end up with another defective product.

Is there any other form of Technical Support besides this forum since I am getting little to no help here?

juanlfm
02-10-2012, 03:41 AM
I am surprised by your difficulties. I have been using Applian products for years and couldnīt be without them, and I am not technologically minded.
Try contacting customer support here: http://applian.com/support.php

UGotServed
02-10-2012, 01:02 PM
I've captured a 7+ hour stream perfectly with RMC, so I don't think it's a problem with RMC.

For Win 7 x64, it runs smoother with 8GB of physical memory. And this shouldn't matter since you're using RMC, but what kind of video card are you using? From the website, do you notice the stutter too? Or have you closed the actual window? Have you inspected your hard drive surface? I'm beginning to wonder if there may be a bad sector that's causing that pause duration. I personally use GRC's Spinrite 6. What kind of anti-virus are you using?

You can try WMRecorder (it's also from applian http://www.wmrecorder) or RAV for free to see if it does better. They offer discount for repeat customers.

I've been using various applian products for years, mostly from their WMRecorder line. RMC makes things so much easier for the videos I'm trying to capture compared to WMRecorder. RVC requires you to have a good, dedicated system to capture the video / audio at the best quality.

As juanlfm stated, you can contact customer support since forum.applian.com is primarily users trying to help other users :) If you are able to solve the problem, you should come back to the forum to post the solution.