PDA

View Full Version : Two questions please.

PrimalFear
01-07-2012, 10:24 PM
1. I am new here. I have replay video capture installed. The version is 4.0-05.17.09. Is this the most recent version?

2. Replay video capture locks my computer up often. I will start a capture by pressing record. After I have captured what I want, I press stop. The
software should stop the recording and save the file in mpeg-2 format but the program says stopping, please wait and just hangs up my computer.
This is annoying as hell and I need a fix. Why does this program do this and what can I do to eliminate this? I can't even do a ctr-alt-delete to end
the program. I have to literally shutdown my pc and reboot every single time. TIA for any help. I am so frustrated with this software. It would be
great if it would work right.

Cheryl Wester
01-07-2012, 11:12 PM
You are using an older version of the program. We are currently using version 5.
To get the best quality video with Replay Video Capture - especially on slower machines - try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

PrimalFear
01-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Thanks Cheryl but can you tell me why the the software will not just save the recording when I press stop? I am not overly concerned with quality
right now. I just want this thing to stop locking up my PC and making it completely unusable unless I do a reboot. Do others also have this problem
with the video capture software? I had already tried the things you suggested btw to no avail.

Cheryl Wester
01-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Try doing a fresh boot of your system prior to doing a recording. Experiment with different recording time lengths. I'm believing that your ssytem is not able to handle a long recording and that is why you are getting the stopping issue.