PDA

View Full Version : I Cannot Record Video

MBlue72
01-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Hello:

I have not been able to record video from day 1 using Replay AV 8 - not even YouTube videos. I am finally making the time to straighten this out and find out what I am doing wrong. I follow the directions but nothing seems to happen.

I go ... Recording Wizard>Record something right now>Capture a video clip>Stream Capture ... when I "Add Selection as New Recording" and paste URL into box and check "Record Now", one of two things happens ... either
1)... the recordings icon turns red for about a second and then stalls, or
2)... The status column keeps showing multiple Connect Retry (I have set to 10)

It must be something simple but I need help figuring out what it can be!

We live out in a very rural area and the only viable internet option for us is HughesNet satellite service. There is a latency lag -- could that be it???

Replay AV version: 8.83
Network Adapter to Monitor (my only choice): Network adapter 'Intel(R) 82566DC-2 GB Network Connection' on local host (1)
Internet: HughesNet Satellite with HN9000 modem
Browsers: Chrome, but also have tried IE9 and FireFox
I use dual monitors

I have browsed through the forum and searched but cannot find anything that has helped. I really would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,

Dave

Cheryl Wester
01-07-2012, 03:22 PM
What link are you trying to capture? There are some links that won't work with AV and you would need to use one of our other great programs.

MBlue72
01-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Cheryl -

All links. I have tried many YouTube links and none have worked. Can you suggest a link that you know will work with AV? I can give it a try and report back to you.

Thanks for helping me.

Dave

MBlue72
01-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Ugh.

Cheryl, your comment that AV8 wasn't suited for all links led me to look more closely at your other product offerings. I was under the incorrect assumption that AV8 would work on all video downloads. I now realize that Replay Media Catcher is the program to use for YouTube, etc. About an hour ago I upgraded to Replay Capture Suite and successfully used Media Catcher to record several video downloads.

I'm a little confused why Applian has so many different programs (three with "video" in their title!), but at least I now have the program I need.

Thank you for taking time out on a weekend to help.

Dave