PDA

View Full Version : downloading freecorder4

dyterdeeinga
12-28-2011, 10:06 AM
I have windows XP pro with Foxfire and have failed the first test in downloading freecorder 4 to my "Documents" as I cannot open it and when I try a second download the message states it already exists. I do not find the program under control panel as I was going to uninstall and download again. Any thoughts here as to what I am doing wrong.?? dyterdeeinga.

Jeff Lenney
12-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Hey there - That's probably just an extra entry in your remove programs list. Uninstallers should remove those entries once you overwrite them with an update, but sometimes that does not work.

If you have already uninstalled Freecorder and you have extra invalid entries in your remove programs list you can remove them by editing the registry. You can use this process for any entry that fails to remove itself from the remove programs list:

1. Open the Registry Editor (click start, then type regedit in the search box)
2. Scroll to the following entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall
3. In the left pane are the programs (most are represented by numbers and letters) and in the right pane you can see the display name.
4. Look through them to find the key that corresponds to the program you want to remove. Click the key in the left pane and click Edit > Delete.

Let me know how it goes.