PDA

View Full Version : Join Manager question and issues . . .

RiveGauche2006
12-26-2011, 12:32 PM
i'm new to using the join mgr., when reading the join mgr. help page it states: "Effective with version 1.6.903 Replay Media Splitter can join files together into one file. The media must be of the same file type." However, when i try to join two clips of the same type, i sometimes am successful and sometimes i'm not, i get the message: "different formats or incompatible parameters . . . couldn't be joined." Keep in mind that all clips are in the same format, so my question is, why aren't they able to be successfully joined?? Is it the "incompatible parameters"? if so how does one determine this? I don't see anything pertaining to incompatible parameters on the help page.

Cheryl Wester
12-26-2011, 05:54 PM
They also have to be the same bitrate and the same dimensions in order to be joined. If they are not you would need to convert them so they would be the same. We have Replay Converter that does an excellent job of this.

RiveGauche2006
12-27-2011, 09:11 PM
That's just it, i have converted the clips, prior to using the join mgr., and they are all in .wmv format, but as i said sometimes it will work and sometimes they won't, it's baffling, i guess i'll just re-convert the clips that won't join successfully. . . thnx.

jacobmarley
06-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Having the same problem. Segments from the same source file (same type, bitrate, etc) will not join. When Join Manager works, it works great. It does the join in a fraction of the time that Windows Live Movie Maker can do it in. If JM would work, it would be well worth the price, just for the time it saves.

Cheryl Wester
06-04-2012, 06:19 PM
If you do have a problem please submit it to tech support. If the dimensions are not identical it will not join.