PDA

View Full Version : RMC not recording audio files already downloaded

dealwrite
12-17-2011, 01:09 AM
I haven't seen my issue on any of your forums:

I have been using RMC (4,3.2) to record audio from downloaded audiobooks I have checked out from my library. Sometimes would have intermittent problems of recording failure, but now it's happening all the time.

I would open RMC, then the audiobook. I either play the book from its library player (i.e. Overdrive) or in Winamp or in Windows Media Player (11). I would set RMC to record while the book plays, and let it run overnight. It has, in the past, recorded each disk and auto converted the recorded files to .mp3. I would have my entire audio book all recorded and nice and neat in one folder.

Now I set up everything the same. I check in the audio recorder that i have sound wave lines. I check the in progress section and see the audio recording status as clicking away. But now when I check the recording in the morning, I find one file (not separated per disk) a microsoft wave sound format. There will be no length listed. It will not play on any player, not even through RMC. The resulting converted .mp3 file is also blank.

Sometimes I will be able to get 2 hours of successful recording out of a session. However, most books are 6-9 or more hours.

I have tried using Replay Music (4.40B) for the same purpose. It was never as reliable as RMC used to be. But it's worse now as I sometimes can't get it to record at all, from either windows or applian driver. If I do get it to record, I end up with the same results of blank files.

I am using same computer and same OS (Vista SP2) as before.

Any suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

juanlfm
12-18-2011, 09:26 AM
I love audio books and have many and adding to my collection all the time. I convert them to mp3 so I can load them on to my mp3 player. I have been using Audacity because I was not aware I could use RMC. So I shall be very interested in any replies.