PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody recodings very poor

brecky
11-27-2011, 09:17 AM
I am using Replay 4 for recording Rhapsody. The sound recordings were poor with Replay 3, but now they're even worse with Replay 4. There are crackles & stops & starts. I tried disabling auto tagging, but that didn't help. Now what?

Cheryl Wester
11-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Are you using the audio driver? Are the recorded songs doing the same or just what you are recording?

brecky
11-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Yes, I am using audio driver. I will do more 'trials' this week to see if the tracks already have poor sound quality when they leave Rhapsody, or only after they go through Replay. Will get back to you. I think others here have reported a similar issue with Replay?

brecky
11-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Update. I did a test this morning. I played a Rhapsody track & there was no sound problem at all. But, when I played that same track through Replay4, it crackled a lot! So what's the solution?

brecky
11-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Update2 - my techy friend thinks Replay4 has a faulty codex? Is there a newer version? Perhaps I should go back to the former version. I didn't have any trouble with that version.

brecky
12-01-2011, 04:50 PM
So why don't they fix it or at least admit there's a problem? This is not free software, I paid for it & expect to have decent quality? Anyone else having the same issues? If yes, please report it so we can pressure them to fix it??

Big A
12-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Brecky,

Are you recording from the website or from the "Rhapsody Player"?? I downloaded the Rhapsody Player and it seemed to record just fine, no crackles, skips, other annoyances. The instructions on the website are not very clear in this regard (except for little blurb about turning equalizer off) as I had been recording right from the Rhapsody website (which honestly shouldn't be a problem). This is how I recorded when on Napster with no issues whatsoever, so I figured the same would apply to this streaming service, guess not.

--A

Cheryl Wester
12-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Each system is different. Some computers work better with the web based while others work better with the standalone player. Do try the other. if you do have an issue please contact tech support.

newkirk2000
12-02-2011, 05:33 PM
since napster closed and transferred over to rhapsody i have been able to record ok.

i noticed though that it now records differently; that is with napster it would download the entire song in a few seconds, while music played in the background....you could then record the next song and so on.

now it seems you have to wait for the entire song to play out...kinda annoying.

anyone else having this issue?

i am trying to use the rhapsody software, which looks nice, but its not giving a file format that is recognized.

Thoughts?

brecky
12-03-2011, 08:49 AM
If by Rhapsody player you mean the mini player, I tried that, did not get the control tool bar when I did ;o( Was i supposed to disable something at the same time? I played a track on one of my playlists & it played fine until I opened Replay4, then it crackled like crazy & paused & surged.. seems to be getting worse?

brecky
12-03-2011, 08:50 AM
How do I contact tech support?

brecky
12-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Does Replay use the FLAC codex? If not, shouldn't they?
FLAC (the Free Lossless Audio Codec) claims to be "the fastest and most widely supported lossless audio codec." It's supported by many music management programs, including Windows Media Player, and plays on a variety of wireless music players, including Sonos™ and Logitech Squeezebox™.

brecky
12-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Found something else on the help page altho this deal with track recognition vs sound quality? Track recognition is another issue for me with Replay4 because I rarely record top 10 albums ;o(
Rhapsody:

For the best track recognition when recording from Rhapsody:"
Turn off Rhapsody's equalizer. Click on Tools, Equalizer and set it to the OFF state.
Keep Rhapsody's main volume level to at least mid-range.
As with all player programs, be sure to open Replay Music PRIOR to opening Rhapsody.

sixaxles
12-06-2012, 12:47 AM
hello everyone..... i also have a little issue, i spilt water on my old lap top and therefore needed to go out and buy another (very annoying!) so i did that and then installed replay music4 onto it and straight away noticed the playback was awful, like an old knackered vinyl record!! which is something i never experienced on my old laptop (which had next to no memory capacity or anything special really) - so i have upgraded it to replay 5.3...... and its exactly the same!!!!!!!!! i'm pretty keen to get this sorted as i'm a truck driver and i use this program to record from di.fm and then burn to an mp3 cd which gives me loads to listen to through the week instead of talking shit on the phone and running up a huge bill!! if it helps, my new laptop is a lenovo z580 and i'm using the windows audio driver as a source, just clicking on normal audio driver results in nothing being recorded.
:confused:

sixaxles
12-06-2012, 12:57 AM
also the beat bar is very sluggish - was never like that before?

Cheryl Wester
12-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Please contact tech support with details of your issue,what you are using for audio and ATTACH a log file. http://applian.com/replay-music/support/index.php