PDA

View Full Version : RM 4.05 does not tag on Spotify

R_2_R
11-27-2011, 03:47 AM
Dear Sirs,

I am a big fan of Sportify and RM. However tagging is still an issues most of the time.
I have windows XP with ZoneAlarm and Avast installed. Tagging on certain album is near impossible and I have added on ZoneAlarm the 'genpuid.exe' file as suggested. Still not great at all.

On Excel if you copy from Spotify the HTTP link of all the songs and past on a worksheet you can strip a particular "dummy" character and get in the end title and author of the song. So why RM cannot do the same without access a particular music database (if I understant correctly the way RM tags, of course).

Waiting for your kind answer.

Regards

RR

Cheryl Wester
11-27-2011, 05:14 PM
We have a Music IP database that we use to tag the music. The developer designs the program in a manner that works the best for the majority of music.

R_2_R
12-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Yet, could it be brought to the attention of your programmer that just grabbing the HTTP link of the song and simply parsing it, basically gives the Replay user 110% accurate tagging all the time? Can you let this gentleman know that there is a bullet proof way to go around all the problem of accessing a database with Spotify?

maybe an option to tag with this procedure should be allowed if one records from Spotify and use your routines for any other source.

Is it too much to ask to consider? Most of the users of Replay are actually recording from Spotify so it makes sense to consider this possibility.

Thank you for your time and attention

Regards

RR

Cheryl Wester
12-09-2011, 08:48 PM
The developer does read all posts. Thanks.