PDA

View Full Version : Replay Converter 2.80 - error "FFMPEG.exe has stopped working"

nbrenner
10-08-2008, 02:00 PM
I have been using Replay Converter, version 2.80, for some time, and have been delighted with it. Upon my last visit to the Applian website, I spotted a later version v3.0, which I downloaded and installed. I didn't realise this was a paid-for upgrade, so I uninstalled V3.0, and reinstalled version 2.80.

Ever since then, every time I attempt a conversion, I receive the following dialog box: "ffmpeg.exe has stopped working." I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling version 2.80, but I still get the same message every time.

There is very little information on the Applian website, but there are a lot of hits returned if I Google that phrase. Can anyone suggest a fix for me? I don't have a problem with paying to upgrade to version 3, but don't see why I should have to do, when for me, there's nothing wrong with version 2.80, or at least there wasn't until I installed V3.0. Thanks in anticipation of your help.

FYI Vista Home Premium SP1

Cheryl Wester
10-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Most of the time this is corrected if you use a different method of converting. Also, make sure you are operating with administrative rights. To assist you we really need more information. If the above doesn't work please contact tech support for additional assistance.

sedobheatha
03-07-2010, 05:21 AM
I am having the same error message using Replay Converter 3.60 and Vista. I am trying to convert MP4 file to AVI, but I am getting the same message when I try to convert to any other available format. Thanks to anyone who can help. Could the MP4 file be protected from copying in some way?

stream-recorder.com
03-09-2010, 04:45 AM
I am having the same error message using Replay Converter 3.60 and Vista. I am trying to convert MP4 file to AVI, but I am getting the same message when I try to convert to any other available format. Thanks to anyone who can help. Could the MP4 file be protected from copying in some way?
Some MP4 files have DRM protection. If you right click on a file and see its properties you can notice the DRM tab if the file is DRM protected.