PDA

View Full Version : Saving Audio as Mono Files?

Johhny D
10-08-2008, 01:34 PM
I have been using Replay A/V 8 for about 18 months. I have a satellite receiver patched into the line input of my sound card to record a 3 hour radio show. The software works great. It's very stable. I only get glitches if I try to do heavy proccessing while it's recording in the background. I avoid watching videos between 9am and noon.

The software won't allow me to save my recordings as mono format mp3 or wma files. I have always used the "MP3" option and it saves my recordings as stereo 128kbps files. I wish it would allow me to choose 128 kbps MONO mp3 or wma. The audio from the satellite is mono. It's a lot easier to edit the waveform in Adobe Audition when it's mono. You can see one large waveform instead of two smaller ones.

I have always opened the files in Adobe Audition, then converted from stereo to mono. It takes about 4 to 5 minutes.

Applian support suggested using Replay converter. I can't find an option to select mono. I can open a mono or stereo 128kpbs mp3 and convert to a 32kbps wma, but the end result is always a stereo file, even when the original mp3 was mono.

Does anyone know a way to save 128kbps 44.1k files as mono, either mp3 or wma? If not, do you know of different software I can buy that will let me save the files in mono?

bscrivener
09-03-2009, 02:07 AM
I would also like to convert to mono. I record AM radio talk shows and they are in 25kbs mono asf file.

When converted to mp3, m4a or m4b, the file size often doubles. It would be nice to have mono options when converting to keep the file sizes down.

carlobee
09-17-2009, 05:59 PM
any updates on this one? this is going to be good to know.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg