PDA

View Full Version : Error: Couldn't parse login page (WHEN TRYING TO RECORD SIRIUS XM)

Dubmatic311
11-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Hi folks,

I just downloaded the paid version of Replay AV8, so I could record a Sirius XM broadcast. I have a subscription to regular
Sirius XM radio, as well as Internet access. I've verified my username and passwords for Sirius XM several times, and I am unable to get a Sirius XM channel to play or record from within Replay. I am able to log in using other programs, such as a
Sonos controller for a Sonos soundsystem, so I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with my id's. This is very frustrating,
because I spent the $79.99 this evening so I could record a program this evening! Can anyone tell me if they've had a similar problem? Thanks,

Dub.

Cheryl Wester
11-05-2011, 07:43 AM
We have several discussions on the forum regarding this. We also have a note posted on our page for Sirius. You are going to need to use audio capture and the Replay AV Audio Driver. This is due to changes Sirius has made.

Dubmatic311
11-20-2011, 07:19 AM
I have Replay AV version 8.83. Am I supposed to download some new driver? Please give specifics or reference the correct answer or paste in the link. I am floundering here trying to figure out what additional steps I must take. Sorry if this is redundant but I thought it would be easy.

Cheryl Wester
11-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Open AV
Select Record-Record Audio from Speakers
Verify it is set for the Replay AV Audio Driver
Give it a time frame
Now, go to what you want to capture.

Dubmatic311
11-21-2011, 06:35 AM
Well, that is a start! I want to record channels on a regular basis, without my involvement. When I go to Sirius there is just a general URL and a player allows me to select a channel. How can I plug in a general url into that dialog box and expect it to tune to JamOn channel or whatnot. I'm trying to record a nightly show for later listening... The method you are suggesting sounds like I'm listening to something on my computer at this moment and darn, I just might want to record that , so I do it! That would work great but you see I am trying to do something a little different, which is what I thought the program would do..I had seen a YouTube explaining how to use the program to record specific programs by programming their time and channel...and that is why I purchased the program. Is there a solution to what I am seeking? Thanks in advance.

Cheryl Wester
11-21-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm afraid not-do to changes that Sirius XM has made. Thanks. We would also like it to record using stream capture but it doesn't. You might check out other links on this subject in the forum as there is quite a bit.

Cindy
11-22-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm also having this problem. I just purchased this product with the promise that it will schedule and record siriusxm.com without my being there.

Cheryl, are you saying that this product cannot deliver its marketing claim?

How long has Applian known of this problem?

Cheryl Wester
11-22-2011, 07:51 PM
We do not claim it will record using stream capture. It used to but we now have it posted on our site (for several months) that it won't. Here is an example. http://www.applian.com/replay-av/support/index.php
This has also been all over the forums for several months. If you see a link on our website that says it can record let me know where it is so we can have it taken off. Thanks.

Cindy
11-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Look at this claim Schedule & Record Podcasts, Radio Shows, XM™ & Sirius™

https://secure.applian.com/order_RAV5.php?page_tag=none&referral=unknown&
https://secure.applian.com/order_RTC5.php?page_tag=none&referral=unknown&

Look at the photo here that has scheduled recordings
http://applian.com/replay-av/index.php

amiele
01-06-2012, 11:10 AM
I also purchased this product based on the advertising material shown above that says that you can record directly from sirius and schedule in advance. Is there any plan to fix this issue? If not, why is the false information still onyour website?

Cheryl Wester
01-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Thanks. I will let our web master know about this error

rick_e
02-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Is there a walk-through on this? With the many threads about workaround and changes, what is the correct way of of Feb 2012 to record a Sirius Internet stream? I'd like to see a set of steps.

Thanks a lot.

thehobster
03-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Not that I'm trying to bring a dead thread to life, but I thought my post could use some context.

After SiriusXM broke RAV's ability to record streams way back when, I ended up buying a radio so I could record at least one channel on schedule. I obviously really wanted to record a show (Ok, so I'm a sucker for Jay Thomas on Stars Too).

Today, I thought I'd do a little research to see if there has been any advance here. In short, there hasn't. But I did find one thing very interesting.

http://rogueamoeba.com/support/knowledgebase/?showArticle=Current+Services+Status

This is a MAC application that claims to fully support SiriusXM desktop streaming. I would think if a MAC can stream SiriusXM, Applian should be able to as well. The difference is that the MAC application doesn't capture the audio - so it's not really a competitor to Applian's products. I would think if you could schedule a stream to start on a particular channel, capturing the stream would be the easy part here.

Cheryl - I'm not bashing RAV. I would like, if possible, your dev team to take a look at this application and see if there is something they can leverage to build or buy to fully support recording the streams.

Thanks

Cheryl Wester
03-11-2012, 05:30 PM
We are not updating the AV program and have discontinued selling it. We are currently working on a new program and hope to have it ready for release in the next couple of months. I haven't seen it yet but I believe it does have a solution for Sirius (no promises)

thehobster
03-13-2012, 05:15 PM
That would be great. Not that I'm wild about paying for a new product, but if it works...

So, would that be Sirius AND XM or just Sirius that you're not promising? :)

Mad Llama 01
03-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Here's the deal... just got RAV and I am in the same boat. The crappy website player times me out. I need to record the entirety of a show (also a Jay Thomas fan) for later even when I have to go to work...How do we make this happen?

Mad Llama 01
03-16-2012, 11:44 PM
We are not updating the AV program and have discontinued selling it. We are currently working on a new program and hope to have it ready for release in the next couple of months. I haven't seen it yet but I believe it does have a solution for Sirius (no promises)

Also does this program have a name? If it fixes this problem then I need to know what to look for....

Cheryl Wester
03-18-2012, 09:19 AM
I have given you all the info I have. it will be launched in a couple of months. Don't worry-I will let people know on the forum. Thanks.

nb419
05-02-2012, 12:24 PM
SiriusXM launched a new player today with DVR type controls and a start show from the begining for current and previus program on a channel.

Spitballing: can A/V 8 possibly download the source file of this new format without recording it real-time like I currently do? Is the new login still un-parsable for scheduled recordings?

peleus
05-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Will be waiting anxiously on this. Couple of months will be just a quick fly by. https://imagicon.info/cat/14-16/1.gif