PDA

View Full Version : No stream

SallyC
11-03-2011, 02:42 PM
I have telecorder set up to start recording automatically and running before I start up Skype. But it says "no stream." I don't know what changed because a couple of weeks ago it worked. My Skype version is 5.5.0.119 and it says there is an update but I haven't done it yet because I saw another poster in the forum had a problem and was told to go back to an older version. So I don't know if I should stay where I am or get the update. I'm on Telecorder version 1.2.0.5 The machine is Windows 7 64 bit and, like I said, it all worked fine a couple of weeks ago.

I don't know if this matters, but there's nothing listed in Skype's Advanced Settings, Manage Other Programs Access to Skype. I can't remember if I had to do it when I set up this machine or not, but it seemed like I might have had to do something to allow Telecorder access on some machine I had. But there's nothing listed there now and I can't click on Change.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Cheryl Wester
11-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Hi

Please update to the latest version of Skype
Uninstall our program
Reboot
Verify that Skype is closed and not in the taskbar
Now, do a fresh install of our program

SallyC
11-03-2011, 05:29 PM
That did it - THANKS!

Jack Wallstreet
04-25-2012, 07:43 PM
I am having this problem with the latest Skype 5.8.0.158 and the latest Skype recorder 1.0.2.9. I may have initially installed when Skype was loaded, so I closed skype (not on notification area), rebooted and reinstalled the recorder. It is checked to start automatically with Skype. It doesn't and when I load manually, it can't find the stream. Suggestions. (I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice - same result)

SallyC
04-26-2012, 03:51 AM
I am having this problem with the latest Skype 5.8.0.158 and the latest Skype recorder 1.0.2.9. I may have initially installed when Skype was loaded, so I closed skype (not on notification area), rebooted and reinstalled the recorder. It is checked to start automatically with Skype. It doesn't and when I load manually, it can't find the stream. Suggestions. (I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice - same result)

I am also (again) having the problem of not being able to record using Telecorder. I've also got the latest version, started it before starting the latest version of Skype and uninstalled/reinstalled Skype, rebooted, etc. I've finally just given up. Running Win 7 64bit if that matters. It worked for a bit, then stopped and I've been unable to get it working again. :(

Any problem with this is complicated by the fact that there's no video test site for Skype, at least that I'm aware of. There used to be a skype id of bill-on-skype-video-echo which allowed you to test video but it's no longer available. It would be helpful if Applian could set something like this up. There's actually a lot of people wanting this so it might also help bring people to Applian.com who would then purchase Telecorder. But it certainly would be helpful to us who have purchased it and are trying to test it out.

Cheryl Wester
04-27-2012, 05:58 AM
If you do need assistance let us know in tech support as more details can be given. Thanks.

Jack Wallstreet
04-29-2012, 02:10 PM
I am also (again) having the problem of not being able to record using Telecorder. I've also got the latest version, started it before starting the latest version of Skype and uninstalled/reinstalled Skype, rebooted, etc. I've finally just given up. Running Win 7 64bit if that matters. It worked for a bit, then stopped and I've been unable to get it working again. :(

Any problem with this is complicated by the fact that there's no video test site for Skype, at least that I'm aware of. There used to be a skype id of bill-on-skype-video-echo which allowed you to test video but it's no longer available. It would be helpful if Applian could set something like this up. There's actually a lot of people wanting this so it might also help bring people to Applian.com who would then purchase Telecorder. But it certainly would be helpful to us who have purchased it and are trying to test it out.

Sally, The steps described above - there is one more - after you uninstall, delete the directory in program files where this program used to be (there was one file left in the directory). In my case, that solved the problem (this additional step courtesy of tech support).

SallyC
05-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Sally, The steps described above - there is one more - after you uninstall, delete the directory in program files where this program used to be (there was one file left in the directory). In my case, that solved the problem (this additional step courtesy of tech support).

I appreciate you posting this, Jack. I immediately did what you suggested - I also had an orphan file after supposedly uninstalling Telecorder - and am now just waiting for an opportunity to test it out. It is the plan for my daughter's family to Skype with us soon. I will post back if this worked for me. I hope so because I miss being able to record the grandkids. :)

Again, for Applian, it would be really nice if you folks could create a Skype account like bill-on-skype-video-echo had where we could test this out.

SallyC
06-17-2012, 12:37 PM

You probably think I'd forgotten about this, but our kids had been really busy and we only just now got a chance to Skype again. Good news - it worked!!!

Thank you very much, Jack. After I installed the orphan file, everything is working again. :)

RiveGauche2006
06-27-2012, 08:51 AM
i had this problem today as well, i had the telecorder open and then when i got the skype call, nothing, then i decided to uninstall/reinstall skype telecorder and it worked, only for the outcome to be scrambled, what gives?? i have just sent a portion of the skype recording to tech. support to view. I have NEVER had this issue, and i don't know what is going on. . .

Cheryl Wester
06-28-2012, 08:23 AM
I bet you updated SKype. If so uninstall our program. Reboot. Now, verify that Skype is closed and not in the taskbar. Now, download and install the latest version of our program from our site. Skype changes so we did also.

JenniferT
07-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Ok.... so I did let Skype update to version 5.10.0.114 and then I got "No Stream".

So I followed the instructions above - keep Skype, install new TeleReorder - but still got "No Stream" :(

I have now uninstalled Skype and TeleRecorder - completely, using RevoUninstaller
Rebooted
Downloaded and installed previous version of Skype (5.9.0.123)
Downloaded and installed Telerecorder version 1.3.0.12 - still get "no Stream"

Any suggestions???

Thanks

SallyC
07-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Ok.... so I did let Skype update to version 5.10.0.114 and then I got "No Stream".

So I followed the instructions above - keep Skype, install new TeleReorder - but still got "No Stream" :(

I have now uninstalled Skype and TeleRecorder - completely, using RevoUninstaller
Rebooted
Downloaded and installed previous version of Skype (5.9.0.123)
Downloaded and installed Telerecorder version 1.3.0.12 - still get "no Stream"

Any suggestions???

Thanks

When you uninstalled Telecorder, did you go look in the folder and make sure it was empty? Mine had a file left in it, and not until I manually deleted it, then did the reinstall was it fixed.

JenniferT
07-03-2012, 05:42 AM
Thanks for the reply, SallyC

With RevoUninstaller - EVERYTHING - goes! so yes, it was clear!

But by trial and error I have stumbled across the answer -

when you reinstall Telecorder - at the end of the installation it asks if you want to run Telecorder - and I said "yes" - because I did.

BUT... remember, I'd closed/quit/exited from Skype?

Well, when I said "no" to running telecorder after installation, logged in to Skype, THEN started Telecorder... voila! all systems go - plenty of streams

Hope that helps others - but then again, maybe it's just me that hits "yes" in the first place! :P

Now I'm on the latest Skype and the latest Telecorder. So all seems to be working nicely :)

SallyC
07-03-2012, 05:55 AM
Thanks for the reply, SallyC

With RevoUninstaller - EVERYTHING - goes! so yes, it was clear!

But by trial and error I have stumbled across the answer -

when you reinstall Telecorder - at the end of the installation it asks if you want to run Telecorder - and I said "yes" - because I did.

BUT... remember, I'd closed/quit/exited from Skype?

Well, when I said "no" to running telecorder after installation, logged in to Skype, THEN started Telecorder... voila! all systems go - plenty of streams

Hope that helps others - but then again, maybe it's just me that hits "yes" in the first place! :P

Now I'm on the latest Skype and the latest Telecorder. So all seems to be working nicely :)

Well that's interesting. I was under the impression that you had to start Telecorder before you started Skype. Glad it's working for you, but now I'm wondering if it's best to open Telecorder or Skype first.

juanlfm
07-03-2012, 11:34 AM
I have Telecorder open all the time. I have found it works best like that.

Markku
01-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Hi

Please update to the latest version of Skype
Uninstall our program
Reboot
Verify that Skype is closed and not in the taskbar
Now, do a fresh install of our program

Done all of the above. Latest Windows 8, latest Skype (installed today), Replay Telecorder trial version (installed today) No effect if Skype of Telecorder is started first. During the call Telecorder does not find any active streams. Recording button has no effect.

SallyC
01-17-2013, 08:00 AM
Done all of the above. Latest Windows 8, latest Skype (installed today), Replay Telecorder trial version (installed today) No effect if Skype of Telecorder is started first. During the call Telecorder does not find any active streams. Recording button has no effect.

Markku, I did all of that too and it didn't work. But, as Jack Wallstreet suggests here (https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?7531-No-stream&p=28661#post28661), I had not used File Explorer to manually go and delete the directory where Telecorder was, after uninstalling it. Sure enough, there was still a file in it. After I deleted that file and then re installed Telecorder it worked.

If you have not done that, I would definitely try it. Then have Telecorder load when Windows starts, and see if that works.

gweilo8888
02-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Hi all

Prospective new user here, trying the demo before I buy. (I'm considering buying the whole suite, although the only apps I really *need* are Telecorder and Music. Figure the others might come in handy, and won't cost much more.

Replay Music works fine for me, but so far, Replay Telecorder does not work at all. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, and have Skype 6.1.0.129 (the latest version). Both are installed in their default directories; I'm the administrator for this machine, User Access Control is enabled, and disabling it is not an option. My antivirus is Microsoft Security Essentials, which is also the latest version.

Unfortunately, Telecorder does not recognize when a Skype stream is active. I've tried uninstalling, deleting the directory as suggested here, rebooting, then reinstalling. I've tried both SkypeOut calls to phones, and direct PC-to-PC calls. I'm only trying to record audio; I really don't care about video for now. Each time, recording doesn't start automatically, and manually clicking the record button brings up the No Stream message.

Any suggestions would be gladly accepted...

SallyC
02-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Hi all

Prospective new user here, trying the demo before I buy. (I'm considering buying the whole suite, although the only apps I really *need* are Telecorder and Music. Figure the others might come in handy, and won't cost much more.

Replay Music works fine for me, but so far, Replay Telecorder does not work at all. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, and have Skype 6.1.0.129 (the latest version). Both are installed in their default directories; I'm the administrator for this machine, User Access Control is enabled, and disabling it is not an option. My antivirus is Microsoft Security Essentials, which is also the latest version.

Unfortunately, Telecorder does not recognize when a Skype stream is active. I've tried uninstalling, deleting the directory as suggested here, rebooting, then reinstalling. I've tried both SkypeOut calls to phones, and direct PC-to-PC calls. I'm only trying to record audio; I really don't care about video for now. Each time, recording doesn't start automatically, and manually clicking the record button brings up the No Stream message.

Any suggestions would be gladly accepted...

I am running the exact same configuration as you - right down to MSE for antivirus. If you're sure you've manually deleted the directory after uninstalling, the only other thing I can think of is to be sure you have checked, in Telecorder's Options, to Start Automatically when you start Windows (and to Start recording calls automatically, of course.) It has to be running first and I've had no problems if I just leave it running all the time and start Skype whenever I need it. It records video and voice every time now.

Otherwise hopefully Cheryl will have something...

Cheryl Wester
02-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Sally is correct. If you have done that continue to have an issue please do contact tech support ( http://applian.com/support.php)with complete details.