PDA

View Full Version : One I've definitely not seen yet - 3.5.6.0 under Windows 7 oddity

teambovine
11-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Records okay from Napster but on every single track I've played it will split exactly 18 seconds before the end of the track! Doesn't seem to matter how long or large the track, just splits and makes an 18 second track at the end. Then starts another track and splits 18 sec before the end of that one. On replay of saved mp3s under WMP 12 the split between the two tracks is almost imperceptible, but still two seperate tracks. Running RM3 as administrator in XP-sp2 compatibilty mode but did the same under other run modes. Have fiddled with minimum volume, minimum time, not IDing tracks over internet, all with same results. Ideas?
Thanks

Cheryl Wester
11-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Please go into the settings. Check to ignore the auto split.

teambovine
11-04-2011, 05:21 AM
Well. okay, it doesn't split anything that way. Surely you're not sugessting this as a solution? A CD or playlist that turns out to be one giant mp3 file?

teambovine
11-04-2011, 05:25 AM
Actually, when I stopped recording, after a few tracks, nothing got written to the output folder. Folder wasn't even created.

Nullgrad
11-04-2011, 12:18 PM
I had that problem recently, I couldn't resolve it but eventually I decided to format the PC and it seems to be ok now (I'm not suggesting you do that) , I find recording from the napster web player works better the napster
software always seems to slow my PC down for some reason.......

in case it helps my splitting settings are as follows: minimum milliseconds of silence 300 - do not record or split 10 secs - volume level cut off 3 and I leave auto split ticked......

I have my RM music folder in the Music folder and I'm running Vista....

Is it only Napster that it does it with... ?

teambovine
11-05-2011, 03:59 AM
Thanks, Nullgrad, I just tried with Rhapsody and seems to work okay with it, using your split settings (I assume you ment 300 on volume level, since the slider would go as low as 48 and then to zero). I will try your suggestion about the Napster web player, I had to switch to the Napster software on my old XP machine since the web player there was giving me problems and the software worked great. go figure...

Nullgrad
11-05-2011, 04:48 AM
my volume level cut off is 3 - it does go down to zero then I use right arrow key to move it to (low) 3, I found this stops it missing chunks off the start of songs.

teambovine
11-05-2011, 10:40 AM
my volume level cut off is 3 - it does go down to zero then I use right arrow key to move it to (low) 3, I found this stops it missing chunks off the start of songs.
Thanks, I will try that setting. Tried the napster web player and replay music didn't record anything. Freecorder recorded it but didn't split them right. I'll keep screwing with it and post the results. thanks again

Nullgrad
11-13-2011, 02:10 PM
You could try recording them in one audio file and then use a wave editor to edit them, audacity comes to mind......bit long winded but it works......

teambovine
12-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Well, since Napster is now Rhapsody, the problem is resolved (sort of, in that splitting is right but recording quality sucks. saw another post where new codec may fix this). Thanks for the input, Nullgrad.