PDA

View Full Version : Homepage on browser

hammondc3
10-31-2011, 10:48 AM
How do I stop from my homepage changing to Bing. I want my homepage to be Google.com where I have my email, etc. It keeps going away after I re-instate it on Firefox...

Jeff Lenney
11-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Hi Hammond,

The options to change or not change the search and homepage are in the installer.

If you un-install freecorder and conduit, you should be able to change back to google.

Then, re-install minding the options you select upon the install.

Also, just to clarify - conduit is no longer usingGoogle and have decided to use bing. We have no control over this, I would recommend contacting conduit directly. This toolbar component is developed by Conduit - IE: Conduit is the company that provides us with the toolbar for our recording technology. You can contact their support directly here: [email protected]

We find it easier for the customer to deal with them direct as sometimes they require to connect remotely

Stegocephalian
11-17-2011, 09:19 AM
I encountered this same problem after I updated to the latest version of Firefox. I had installed freecorder in the previous version, and had NOT allowed the program to change my home page. Yet now that I am running Firefox 8.0, every time I open a new window or a tab, I'm taken to a search page with the applian logo, instead of my home page.

I find this very intrusive, as it was done against my will.

In any case, in the installer for any program that "offers" to change various things or add toolbars, by DEFAULT the check boxes should be unchecked; it should be opt-in, not opt-out.

I do some computer troubleshooting, and I can't tell you how many people I've seen who's browser windows are half-taken with toolbars they don't use, and didn't want, because they clicked through an installation program without reading every bit of it. I wish there was some sort of legislation against this sort of thing - the time it wastes for people, and inconvenience is shameful.