PDA

View Full Version : BBC iplayer

jim_lynham
10-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Has anyone encountered problems using RMC with BBC iplayer?

Jeff Lenney
10-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Hi Jim,

That's tough. I'm not in the UK so i'm not able to play any of the streams. Do you have any url's to sites I can play in the states by chance so I CAN test this for you?

Thanks

Tasha Heinlein
10-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Has anyone encountered problems using RMC with BBC iplayer?

Jim is having problems capturing the videos. We aren't able to test the videos because we are located outside of the viewing area. If anyone in the UK is having difficulty capturing the BBC iPlayer videos, such as :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00dyhyt/

Or if anybody in the UK can test this site, we would love to hear feedback!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

bamboobam
10-09-2008, 05:54 AM
I tested that URL and RMC captures it just fine. The capture works OK and the file plays no problem with Winamp.

Tasha Heinlein
10-09-2008, 05:02 PM
I tested that URL and RMC captures it just fine. The capture works OK and the file plays no problem with Winamp.

Thank you! Anyone else out there having problems?

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

Hopeful
10-14-2008, 10:43 AM
I've had no problems so far. It won't capture the high quality stream though - is that a different format?

bamboobam
10-14-2008, 10:53 AM
The higher quality version works for me also.

There is a "download for wmv" button on the bottom right. Is this right protected? Does it expire?

thepfy
10-20-2008, 11:00 AM
The higher quality version works for me also.

There is a "download for wmv" button on the bottom right. Is this right protected? Does it expire?

The WMV version is DRM protected.

I can download the high quality FLV (H.264/ AAC) but I cannot convert them into a different format. I've tried the settings for Hulu but no joy :(