PDA

View Full Version : Error installing driver in RMC 4.3.2

goanddo
10-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Hello,
I was installing RMC 4.3.2 today and got an error but then it went through the rest of the installation. I could open the program, but when I tried to use it I got an error saying I may have uninstalled then reinstalled without rebooting in between. I hadn't, but just to be safe I uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled. I still get this error during installation which says:

Media Catcher 4.3.2 Setup

The driver has failed to install.
Access is denied. (-2147024891)
Please see the FAQ on http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/index.php for details on how to resolve this issue.
Once rectified run this installer again to reinstall the required driver.
The installation can not proceed.

I'm using Win7 64-bit, am not installing over an old version of RMC, and I repeated the above after having turned off Firewall, Anti-virus, etc, in case that was the culprit. No difference in the installation.

Thank you for any suggestions!

rmkmonk
10-23-2011, 02:28 AM
After much trial and error, I have found that all versions AFTER 4.2.1 are riddled with bugs. Uninstall completely, then run the driver cleaner, and even this will not succeed, but then install version 4.2.1 from the Replay Media Catcher download page (scroll down to the bottom) website.

If Applian is reading this: please recognise that this error is your responsibility to sort out, and is not down to registry cleaners etc.