PDA

View Full Version : Gurgling sounds in direct stream capture

lisaby
10-12-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm new to Replay A/V.

I have a Sony Vaio VPCF12S1E, which uses an Intel i7 chip and NVIDIA High Definition Audio sound controller, running under Windows 7.

When I capture a data stream, the resulting mp3 file has coughs, hiccups and gurgles every 5 seconds.

Is there a way to avoid this.

Thanks,

Basil

Cheryl Wester
10-13-2011, 06:45 PM
What stream (link) are you capturing? Are you using audio or stream capture? If you are using audio what are you using for the sound?

lisaby
10-15-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm capturing data streeams from the two radio stations you very courteously added to your list of stations at my request:

Otto's Opera House: http://www.applian.com/user/redirect_station.php?id=7218&format=WMP

Swiss Opera Radio: http://www.applian.com/user/redirect_station.php?id=7217&format=WMP

For the time being, I only capture data streams. I'm unable to capture audio from the sound card, but I don't understand the problem well enough at this time to even ask for help.

Basil

lisaby
10-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Is it possible to send you an example of what I'm hearing?

Basil

lisaby
10-16-2011, 08:01 AM
I tried Audio capture today.

A window opens which is apparently a tuner.

It spends a minute or so trying to connect and then indicates that it will open a link to Real Player.

When the Real Player window opens, it indicates that it has nothing to contribute to the situation.

When I check the folder for my attempt to capture audio, there is no music file - just a status report.

Please help. I love the idea of using AV Replay. I'm prpepared to learn hoiw to use it so that it gives me satisfactory music files. The hiccups and coughs currently associated with the data stream capture ruin the listening pleasure.

Basil

lisaby
10-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Here's another problem:

I clicked on Stop recording and confirmed that I wanted to save the file. The line item in the window first showed "Saving" and then started again at "Recording". When I clicked on Stop recording, I indicated that I didn't want to save this new portion. Unfortunately, this choice seemed also to apply to my previous 2 hour recording which had disappeared.
I suppose that I should remove the capture file from its folder in the Recording folder before stopping the second recording session.
As I said, I love the idea of AV Replay, so I'm prepared to learn how to use it correctly.

Cheryl Wester
10-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Please contact tech support. Give details and include a log file and link. Thanks.