PDA

View Full Version : Tagging with Replay Music 4.05 on Windows 7

shemeckfrac
09-29-2011, 12:26 AM
Never had this issue with the older version of Replay Music on Windows XP, but with Replay Music 4.03 on Windows 7 or XP there appears to be the following issue:
- When recorded, the tracks get recognized and they they appear to get tagged (so far so good)
- When the properties of these mp3 files are then viewed in Windows Explorer the tag fields: Artist Name, Track Name etc are blank. The MP3 player also don't see any tagging
- When these mp3 are imported back into Replay Music they appear to be tagged (but only within RM application itself)

Any ideas? Do I uses RM is such a way that it does not properly performs the tagging?

Cheryl Wester
09-29-2011, 05:41 PM
HI

Please submit a ticket to tech support and include details and a log file. I have not been able to duplicate your issue.

BubbaBubbalicious
10-05-2011, 10:44 PM
I have this EXACT same issue using Replay Music 4.05 on Window 7.

I see the correct tag information in Replay Music.
When viewing the mp3's in windows explorer, some of the songs carry this tag information to the saved mp3 and others don't.
Manually editing the tags does not change the lack of information in the saved mp3's.

The manual clearly indicates that manually editing tags in Replay Music should save that information to the mp3.

Was this issue resolved?

HI

Please submit a ticket to tech support and include details and a log file. I have not been able to duplicate your issue.

wxman
11-06-2011, 12:26 PM
I have the exact same issue, been using the program for years, and this is the first time I've had the issue. The tag IS there, but windows 7 can't read the newer format used by RM. If you use a program like MP3 tag the tags are there...just select files and re-save...the tags will then appear in windows. I think the RM program needs to be tweaked to allow the user to select the older tag format which windows did read. Also, unrelated, the new version of RM is a resource hog, I can barely use my PC while the program is running, never had that issue before either.

Cheryl Wester
11-07-2011, 05:04 PM
The tags are there but I guess some versions of Win7 can't display the tags correctly in Windows Explorer and Windows Media Player. Microsoft is using an older version of ID3v2. Most of the other players like Winamp and iTunes have no problem displaying the tags. Microsoft just needs to update.

wxman
11-07-2011, 05:31 PM
The tags are there but I guess some versions of Win7 can't display the tags correctly in Windows Explorer and Windows Media Player. Microsoft is using an older version of ID3v2. Most of the other players like Winamp and iTunes have no problem displaying the tags. Microsoft just needs to update.

As I said, perhaps an option could be added to the program allowing tags to be saved in the older format?

Cheryl Wester
11-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Thanks. The feedback will be passed on.