PDA

View Full Version : Pandora not recording

chr3000
09-22-2011, 10:14 AM
I have mostly been using Grooveshark and tried Pandora for some obscure music not found there. For some reason the Pandora stream will not register in Replay Music. All other sites do, including the other ones on the "open web site" connection within Replay. I am running Vista 64, firewall is set OK, running replay 4 but it did not work in 3 either so I don't think the version has anything to do with it.
Any advice?

mjm49
09-22-2011, 03:59 PM
I was also experiencing this problem. Just today I went to Pandora's web site and found they had completely revamped it. I managed to get RM4 recording again, although I don't know if this will work for anyone else. I went into settings and changed the Input Source from Audio Driver to Windows Audio Driver - that didn't work. So I then changed the Output from CBR (constant bit rate) to VBR (variable bit rate) and changed the source back to Audio Driver, it started working again. So I tried changing it back to CBR and it's still recording fine. Sort of like getting RM4 to re-recognize what and how Pandora is streaming it's content. As I say, it worked for me.

chr3000
09-24-2011, 03:35 AM
:( No luck, it did not work. Still can't get Pandora to work.

Cheryl Wester
09-24-2011, 05:47 AM
What browser do you use?

chr3000
09-25-2011, 08:29 AM
I am using internet explorer 9

Cheryl Wester
09-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Please give it a try with Firefox. I just tested it and it is working great with it. Pandora has made some changes.

chr3000
09-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Please give it a try with Firefox. I just tested it and it is working great with it. Pandora has made some changes.

:D Thanks, it is working with Firefox.

StibDen
10-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Will I have to switch browsers to now get Replay Music to work with Pandora? I already have IE9 and Chrome on my system, and don't really want to go through the trouble of installing yet another browser.

Cheryl Wester
10-02-2011, 08:48 AM
At this time, yes. This is due to changes they have made and not what we have done. The developer is working on this but it is not easy.

sneadm
10-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Cheryl

how can we get notified when this is fixed for IE ?

Cheryl Wester
10-14-2011, 06:26 PM
If we have an update it is posted in the Applian Director. Always check it when you open your program.

sneadm
10-16-2011, 06:45 AM
Don't have the director...how do I get it ? I have version 4.05 replay music

Cheryl Wester
10-16-2011, 01:59 PM
It is available under the suite link.

http://www.applian.com/downloads.php

StibDen
12-03-2011, 11:49 AM
I see that the 4.40 update of Replay Music is out and supposed to now work with Google Chrome. I've downloaded it, followed your instructions to first fully uninstall the 4.0 version and reboot my PC, and then installed 4.40. It still does not work with Google Chrome and of course not with Internet Explorer 9. Is there something else I need to do to get it work with Chrome?

StibDen
01-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Any fix for having this work with IE9 or Chrome? Replay Music has been useless to me for about 3 months now.

Cheryl Wester
01-02-2012, 09:23 PM
The latest version will work with Chrome. You would need to use the win audio driver in the settings.

StibDen
01-03-2012, 08:27 PM
I've tried this in Chrome, and it still does not work. I've uninstalled Replay Music, rebooted my PC, and reinstalled the latest version (4.40B), and set the driver to the Windows Audio driver. Still nothing -- I click on Start Recording, then Open Website to Record, and start Pandora in Chrome, but it doesn't record anything while Pandora is playing. IS there some other setting that needs to be changed?

Cheryl Wester
01-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Please contact tech support. We will need details and a log file. Thanks.

StibDen
06-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Replay was working with Pandora using Firefox, but when I tried it today, no audio is now detected or recorded. I upgraded to the new 5.05 version of Replay, but it still does not work. I've tried it with Firefox, IE9, and Google Chrome. None work.

Cheryl Wester
06-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Use the win audio driver instead of the audio driver if you are having an issue. Thanks. There have been some windows updates that are affecting audio recording.

StibDen
06-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the quick response. Changed to the win audio driver, but same problem. No audio is detected. Tried all three browsers: Firefox, IE9, and Google Chrome.

Cheryl Wester
06-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Please contact tech support as details, log file, etc. will be needed.

StibDen
06-16-2013, 07:13 PM
I've noticed that again Replay 4.40 no longer records from Pandora. I've used it with Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome, using both the Audio Driver and the Windows Driver. Nothing works. It also won't record from Youtube (it used to be able to record Youtube audio). Nothing seems to work.

Jeff Lenney
06-16-2013, 10:04 PM
I've noticed that again Replay 4.40 no longer records from Pandora. I've used it with Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome, using both the Audio Driver and the Windows Driver. Nothing works. It also won't record from Youtube (it used to be able to record Youtube audio). Nothing seems to work.

Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket and include your record log file:

http://applian.com/support.php

DADEO
06-19-2013, 01:07 PM
I hate when the questions/threads end with the suggestion to submit a tech report. Can someone continue the thread and let us know if any help came from the submitting of the tech support ticket?
Has anything happened with this Pandora thread?

Jeff Lenney
06-23-2013, 11:35 PM
I hate when the questions/threads end with the suggestion to submit a tech report. Can someone continue the thread and let us know if any help came from the submitting of the tech support ticket?
Has anything happened with this Pandora thread?

I'd rather not ask him/her to post his/her log file in this public forum - it'd be much easier to resolve via tech support.

DADEO
06-24-2013, 05:06 AM
I'd rather not ask him/her to post his/her log file in this public forum - it'd be much easier to resolve via tech support.
I don't want to see the log report, but it would be nice to see what the answer/solution was to the original question rather than the thread ending with just "submit a tech report". Ok, they submitted a tech report, now tell us what Applian did to resolve the problem.

Cheryl Wester
06-24-2013, 04:34 PM
A lot is going to depend on what version of windows you are using and what version of our program. Most people are successful with Pandora by using the win audio driver in the latest version.