PDA

View Full Version : How do you prevent Media Catcher from stealing focus?

DVBoyz
09-20-2011, 07:32 PM
I love Media Catcher, but I hate the way it steals focus every time it successfully downloads a file. I want to work without my current app losing focus. It's really irritating. I am using Windows 7, and this happens whether Media Catcher is minimized (it pops up a notification) or Media Catcher steals focus in normal mode. I want media Catcher to quietly stay in the background while it downloads media files - and not interrupt what I am doing.

Thanks.

Jeff Lenney
09-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Hi

I'm not sure what you mean by stealing focus....

Can you clarify please?

DVBoyz
09-22-2011, 05:52 PM
In other words, the Media Catcher notification pop-up becomes the topmost object and the application I am running is no longer the active window. Same thing happens if Media Catcher is in normal window mode.

When a program steals focus, it will "pop up" in front of the window that you're currently working in on your computer.

It's like if you have your email app running and also a web browser. If you click the web browser, it becomes the active window (it is in "focus") and you can't type in the email app because it is no longer the active window (it is no longer in "focus").

juanlfm
09-23-2011, 01:57 AM
Could be that you have the "Always on Top" box in lower right hand corner ticked.

DVBoyz
09-23-2011, 07:27 AM
No, that option is not checked. I just ran Media Catcher again and the issue is not the main Media Catcher app window. The issue is the notifications. It would be nice to turn off the notification because every time a file is downloaded, my taskbar pops up with the notification (I have the taskbar set to auto-hide). Once the taskbar is up, the Media Catcher icon stays highlighted and the taskbar/icon will stay permanently on top until I click the Media Catcher icon, which brings the MC app window on top, and then I can click the program I was using. That's what happens when Media Catcher isn't minimized. If it is minimized, I get a notification message from the icon area of the taskbar - which goes away after 10 seconds. This isn't as bad, but I would like to have no notifications at all. Maybe there could be a check box next to “Always on Top” called “No Notifications” or “Quiet Mode” :)

juanlfm
09-24-2011, 04:41 AM
I do not get any notifications, my RMC just works there either within the Browser or minimized without me getting any such notifications. So sorry I can not help. I would venture to say it has something to do with something other than RMC because otherwise it would happen to me also.