PDA

View Full Version : 3Gmodem- "No network activity detected" etc

davidck
09-17-2011, 03:18 AM
I have Replay AV 8.83 running on windows 7 home premium (64)

When I'm at a location with a wireless network it works well.

When I connect to the internet using a Huawei E272 USB modem and Vodafone 3G vcm lite mobile broadband, everything works except Replay AV - I can listen to internet radio, BBC iplayer etc. But Replay's URL finder reports "No network activity was detected on any available network adapter" etc.

I'm running Replay AV as administrator, UAC is set to minimum, and turning the firewall off makes no difference. Replay AV media guide works fine.

What should I do to get things working properly?

Many thanks in advance for suggestions.

Cheryl Wester
09-17-2011, 09:59 AM
The program is not going to recognize that as a modem, I'm afraid. You are able to use it to record shows that are in the Media Guide but it won't find you URLs. As a workaround you might want to connect it to a router.

davidck
09-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Thank you for taking the trouble to reply - that'll save me spending any more time trying to solve my problem with URL finder

But all is not lost! I just discovered that if I use the recording wizard, choose to record an archive show from the internet and copy and paste the URL for the stream into the appropriate box, then the programme captures and records the stream quite happily. That's a little less convenient but a good enough workaround when I'm using that modem.

Thanks for your help and thanks for some very useful software.

Jeff Lenney
09-19-2011, 01:32 AM
Thank you for taking the trouble to reply - that'll save me spending any more time trying to solve my problem with URL finder

But all is not lost! I just discovered that if I use the recording wizard, choose to record an archive show from the internet and copy and paste the URL for the stream into the appropriate box, then the programme captures and records the stream quite happily. That's a little less convenient but a good enough workaround when I'm using that modem.

Thanks for your help and thanks for some very useful software.

This is a good trick to know, thank you David! :-)