PDA

View Full Version : tagging music isn't as good as it was.

kndclark
10-05-2008, 06:10 PM
With version 2. Most of the music I recorded from online radio was correctly identified, but with version 3 more than half remains un tagged or comes up unknown. Is there anything that I can do to improve these results.

Jeff Lenney
10-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Honestly, yes..you can upgrade to version 3. Alot of the sites you probably record from with Version 2 have recently (the past few months) updated their streams to Flash 9.0 which is harder to record from.

You can upgrade to Version 3 here: http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/upgrade3.php

I hope this helps. :)

Tasha Heinlein
10-06-2008, 01:03 PM
With version 2. Most of the music I recorded from online radio was correctly identified, but with version 3 more than half remains un tagged or comes up unknown. Is there anything that I can do to improve these results.

Jeff must have read that wrong :)
You might end up with some songs that aren't tagged, but the majority should be tagged without issue. Make sure that, under settings, you have "lookup, tag and auto rename" checked. Also make sure that genpuid.exe isn't being blocked. This is needed to connect out and gather the info for tagging.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.