PDA

View Full Version : Replay Media Catcher 3.11 locks up my browsers

Mummraa
10-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Hi!

I am having a weird issue with the new version of Media Catcher. I launch the program, then I launch my browser(either Firefox or Explorer) and then try to go to my usual streaming sites. My browser(s) slow to a crawl when browsing between sites....almost like I am behind a really slow proxy server. Other times, I launch the program and make it to the streaming site and start a video, and then the browser slow to a crawl, or locks up tight. I end up having to use process manager to shut down the browser. The older versions of Media Catcher worked fine, and I was able to record lots of streams just fine. This happens when I go Veoh, most of the OVGuide.com streaming sites....I have yet to figure out what is going on. I am running XP with service pack 2 and have Comcast as my internet provider. Any ideas would be helpful.....I miss my recording options :)...

Jeff Lenney
10-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Please delete the temporary Internet files in your Internet Explorer (Or Mozilla Firefox) and see if that corrects the issue. If you still have a problem, please let us know.

Mummraa
10-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply. Cleared out the temp files in IE. I already had Firefox settings to clear temp files when I closed the browser. Slow browsing and occasional lock up still happening when running Media Catcher with either browser. I have tried starting Media Catcher at various times: Right before I enter a streaming site, before I launch the browser, right when I want to record...also tried turning "Record Now" on and off at various times to see if that might help the browsing issues. Still no dice. I have rebooted and relaunched just for fun. Not life or death I guess.....I will install the old version if I can't get this up and running. Thanks again for the ideas...

Freqflyr
10-10-2008, 10:02 PM
I am using the trial version of replay catcher. I installed it two days ago and I used it for a few minutes and it worked fine. When I tried to use it today my IE slowed to an absolute crawl. I could barely bring up google.com much less other sites. I too have cleared my IE temporary files, history, everything but it hasn't helped. When I close IE and replay catcher and then reopen IE I am back to normal speed. The program looks awesome but if this is absolutely unacceptable. What gives?

Freqflyr
10-10-2008, 10:17 PM
As a follow-up to my previous post,

After opening IE from the replay catcher drop menu, IE is locking up. If I close replay catcher and leave IE open it continues to lock up. I agree it seems like I behind a series of proxy servers. As soon as I close the IE replay catcher opened and reopen IE on its own I am back to normal. I am running Vista. Thanks for the help

MatthewC1000
10-11-2008, 06:58 AM
I am using the trial version of replay catcher. I installed it two days ago and I used it for a few minutes and it worked fine. When I tried to use it today my IE slowed to an absolute crawl. I could barely bring up google.com much less other sites. I too have cleared my IE temporary files, history, everything but it hasn't helped. When I close IE and replay catcher and then reopen IE I am back to normal speed. The program looks awesome but if this is absolutely unacceptable. What gives?

Okay, there is a chance you have alot of startup applications set to start with windows which may be slowing your pc down and, causing issues. Try the following: Click on Start>Run then type msconfig.exe in the run box then, click on "Startup" Tab this is where you will see lots of apps to run with Windows Here is the key: uncheck unnecessary startups...you can safely uncheck them all however, what will occur is your AntiVirus will not load your auto protect feature. Just make sure if you see AVG, Symantec, Bitdefender don't uncheck those. Also, might help if you delete unnecessary content in the following folder location: "C:\Documents and Settings\%User Name%\Local Settings\Temp" delete every content on that folder.
In order to access this folder you have to go to My Documents, then click on tools then, folder options click on View, click on Show hidden files and folders
to be able to access that folder.

Freqflyr, if you continue to have problems please report back to continue trouble shooting.

Kind Regards.

calljohnpeterson
10-11-2008, 10:45 PM
It's strange other are having the same problem, yet emptying cache seems like it's always the answer.

Suddenly, Catcher is inoperable. Freezes everything including Windows Live Email.

Catcher is sucking resources and not letting go, shutting down.

Please fix Catcher. This is your problem, not my or other computers browsers.

johndarner
10-13-2008, 01:54 AM
I too had this problem today. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall and now it works fine. Be sure that gopher.dll is removed from the folder on reboot before reinstall.

Tasha Heinlein
10-13-2008, 09:09 PM
This is usually the result of another program clashing with Media Catcher. Here is a list of things that we know can cause this problem:

Ad-Muncher
LiveMesh
CounterSpy
SpySweeper
ZoneAlarm
CA Anti-Spyware Utility
Comodo
Vista Transformation Pack
Net Nanny
Threatfire
Trusteer Rappoirt
PCTools
Avast
If you have any of these or a similar app running on your computer, try shutting them down while Media Catcher is running. If it is not one of the known apps this can be difficult to pinpoint.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

Raptess
10-19-2008, 04:18 PM
I have a similar problem.

Just started using Replay Media Catcher today and every time I have it running, it will crash IE after clicking on 2 or 3 different Video links.
If I close RMC, I do not have any IE craches at all.

I have tried all the steps above and nothing fixes this issue.

Edit: I am using IE7 on Vista 64

navels
10-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Me, too. IE, Firefox, or Chrome on XP. This is extremely annoying.

Lee

w.o.1960
10-20-2008, 01:51 PM
I am trying to record an audio stream from NPR.

http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2008/10/18/[/URL]

When Media Catcher is running, the audio will not play. I've tried it with Firefox, IE, and Safari. Same thing. When I quit Media Catcher, the stream plays fine. I've emptied cache, restarted browser, restarted computer. Same thing. Has Adobe pulled a fast one on us? Need a fix!

Thanks.

sdoradus
10-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Ditto with the same issues of locking up ie and firfox. Unfortunately, I have tried the suggested solution in the thread without much success. Is there a section on the site where older versions than than 3.01 are available that might work until the issue is cleared and would my activation number for the new version work for an older one?

SD

AlanTAK69
10-27-2008, 12:58 AM
LOL on the proposed fixes, way to understand the problem.. :)

Stays locked up even after closing both Firefox and RMC, until a reboot. Obvious likely candidate is RMC is locking whatever service it is using to tap into the stream. Closing both and stopping then restarting the service will likely fix it without a reboot, haven't ID'd the service yet though..

It's the internet, seeing the end of anything isn't guaranteed, even the end of the start. RMC has told the service to listen, it listens, sees the start of something and never sees the end of the start due to starting something else and never getting the completing data for the first start. Wait a few extra seconds and I can switch streams without a problem. Click another stream a second or two early before it finishes that initial info and it locks up tight.

Even if the fault of waiting forever is technically in the service, RMC is using that service and started it listening, so responsibility still lands squarely at RMC's feet to make sure it doesn't listen forever for something that isn't even coming and locking everything up. RMC is a data handling application, no amount of bad data or an unanticipated condition (like no end to the starting info) should ever allow it or anything it is using to enter a state that it won't come out of..

Likely some very thin coding somewhere, waiting forever for some end condition that isn't guaranteed to happen. Nothing is ever guaranteed to happen even if it almost always does, and nothing should ever be simply coded to wait endlessly for anything. But it's happening somewhere with RMC or something RMC is using.

zanefan
10-30-2008, 03:28 PM
You can add me to the list of people having this problem. Browser runs fine, but as soon as I start up RMC, it slows to crawl, sometimes killing my wireless connection completely. VERY frustrating.

Maybe a rollback to a previous version should be made available in the interim?

zanefan
10-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Okey dokey, folks, I found a fix that worked for me.

Apparently my particular problem (not sure if this is the case for everyone) was Adobe Flash Player 10. The recent upgrade seems to have played havoc with RMC.

So here's what I did:

1/ Uninstall your Adobe Flash Player completely and reboot your system.

2/ Upon reboot, go to http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14266&sliceId=1 and download VERSION 9.

3/ You'll get a zip file, which has a bunch of updates for Adobe Flash Player 9. I have Windows XP so I went into the 9r124 folder and ran the flashplayer9r124_winax file.

4/ After installation, close your browser windows and reopen them.

This solved the problem for me.

Aaron

Tasha Heinlein
10-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Okey dokey, folks, I found a fix that worked for me.

Apparently my particular problem (not sure if this is the case for everyone) was Adobe Flash Player 10. The recent upgrade seems to have played havoc with RMC.

So here's what I did:

1/ Uninstall your Adobe Flash Player completely and reboot your system.

2/ Upon reboot, go to http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14266&sliceId=1 and download VERSION 9.

3/ You'll get a zip file, which has a bunch of updates for Adobe Flash Player 9. I have Windows XP so I went into the 9r124 folder and ran the flashplayer9r124_winax file.

4/ After installation, close your browser windows and reopen them.

This solved the problem for me.

Aaron

Weird..I would be interested in knowing if this works for others that have posted here..

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

mckiss64
11-01-2008, 03:19 AM
This fix worked for me

navels
11-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Awesome, thanks, this did the trick for me. I can also now record streams that require login/age verification (e.g., Underworld - Evolution).

Thanks,
navels

flvrecor3r
11-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Me, too. IE, Firefox, or Chrome on XP.

Awesome, thanks, this did the trick for me. I can also now record streams that require login/age verification (e.g., Underworld - Evolution).
Interesting. Flash v 9.0.124 was released long before Chrome and the flashplayer9r124_winax installer is specific to IE only. Another installer is required for the Chrome and Firefox plugins.

Noro
11-19-2008, 05:27 AM
I'm having the same problem: once I start the Media Catcher program and run internet explorer, it slows to almost nothing. It worked fine when I first installed it.

I tried closing down ZoneAlarm: no effect
Tried clearing Internet History, Temporary Internet Files...

Still nothing

Noro
11-19-2008, 05:30 AM
I have a similar problem.

Just started using Replay Media Catcher today and every time I have it running, it will crash IE after clicking on 2 or 3 different Video links.
If I close RMC, I do not have any IE craches at all.

I have tried all the steps above and nothing fixes this issue.

Edit: I am using IE7 on Vista 64

I am having the same problems and have tried the same things. Still not working.

Windows XP
Explorer Version 7

freakyash
08-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Has this problem been solved yet?

I am using Vista 64 with Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3.5.2, Google Chrome 3.0.196.2 and Opera 10 and they ALL stop working when Replay Media Catcher is started.

It was working for a few days, now nothing I do will get it to work without making the web browsers freeze up. None of them will unfreeze unless I close everything down and then start the browser up again.

Please Applian can you investigate this issue? If you need me to run any tests or diagnostics to help you recreate or investigate this problem please let me know and I would be happy to assist.

Ash

craep
08-08-2009, 11:07 AM
RMC locks my browsers after some time of usage as well.

The time RMC was running and amounts of streams I'm catching is always different so it isn't really reproduceable. What's always the same is that RMC locks my browsers as soon as I click "Start recording". Once clicked my browers lock and I can only shut them down through the task manager. If I now reopen a browser it immediatly locks again but if I stopped recording before I open a browser they work fine. However, as soon as I click "Start recording" they lock again. The can only be solved through rebooting my system.

I tried everything described in this thread:
I reinstalled RMC - didn't help
I up- and downgraded Flash - didn't help
I cleared browser caches, even the cache of Internet Explorer although I don't use it - didn't help
I'm not using any of the programs Tasha Heinlein wrote on page 1
I'm using Windows XP Home SP3 with the latest updates

While researching what the problem could be I came across one thing that might have something to do with it.
When the whole "locks my browsers" thing happens, I close all programs and try to uninstall RMC the file Gopher.dll can't be deleted. I looked at it with Unlocker and there are about 10 programs/processes that still access the dll.

carlobee
08-10-2009, 08:28 PM
does this only apply on IE? how about firefox? or safari?

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

stream-recorder.com
08-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Replay Media Catcher was freezing IE, Firefox and Opera for me, so I guess the same happens with all the browsers. I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player 10 and installed Adobe Flash Player 9. Everything started working much better.

Right now I have Flash Player 10 and freezing only happens when Replay Media Catcher or any of my browsers crashes. To avoid crashing just add applications that use internet to the exception list. I added utorrent, all my download managers and other stream recorders to the list so even when Replay Media Catcher tries to download something simultaneously with a download manages, nothing crashes.

Hope this helps.

craep
08-11-2009, 09:26 AM
does this only apply on IE? how about firefox? or safari?

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

Every browser if affected. I'm not using IE but I tested it with Firefox, Chrome and Safari. In fact, it affects all programs that are connected to the internet. Even Download Managers stop working or become really slow and unresponsive as soon as this happens and I press Start recording.

craep
08-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Replay Media Catcher was freezing IE, Firefox and Opera for me, so I guess the same happens with all the browsers. I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player 10 and installed Adobe Flash Player 9. Everything started working much better.

Right now I have Flash Player 10 and freezing only happens when Replay Media Catcher or any of my browsers crashes. To avoid crashing just add applications that use internet to the exception list. I added utorrent, all my download managers and other stream recorders to the list so even when Replay Media Catcher tries to download something simultaneously with a download manages, nothing crashes.

Hope this helps.
As I wrote downgrading to version 9.x of flash didn't help. And since a new version of flash 10 came out while testing I also upgraded Flash but that didn't help either. It has nothing to do with browsers crashing first. They are working just fine until RMC goes ballistic. It's like I say, once this happens pressing "Start recording" causes the described problems which can only be solved through a reboot.

And btw, I counter-tested this with Jaksta's recorder thing and this one doesn't come with the same problem and does even work after RMC started to make problems (of course, only as long as I don't press "Start recording in RMC)

stream-recorder.com
08-11-2009, 10:16 PM
As I wrote downgrading to version 9.x of flash didn't help. And since a new version of flash 10 came out while testing I also upgraded Flash but that didn't help either. It has nothing to do with browsers crashing first. They are working just fine until RMC goes ballistic. It's like I say, once this happens pressing "Start recording" causes the described problems which can only be solved through a reboot.
As I stated above, I had the same problem and it was fixed with downgrading flash player to v 9.x.

But right now I don't have any problem using Flash Player 10.0.22.87 with Replay Media Catcher 3.0.2. I have all the latest updates of Windows XP including SP3, I updated Firefox to v.3.5, I.E. to v.8.0.6001, WinPCap to v4.0.2. I don't whether these updates can help you or not.

And btw, I counter-tested this with Jaksta's recorder thing and this one doesn't come with the same problem and does even work after RMC started to make problems (of course, only as long as I don't press "Start recording in RMC)
I like Jaksta, but if you read more about it, you will see that it is not ideal. For example, read the following:
http://stream-recorder.com/forum/noobish-questions-choose-jaksta-replay-media-catcher-t4508.html
This is not the right place to discuss non applian products anyway.

craep
08-13-2009, 06:02 AM
1. All my applications, browsers and Windows XP itself are up-to-date.
2. It's doesn't help me with my problem to read over and over again that you don't have any problems.
3. I never said that I want to discuss Jaksta here and I don't care about some poll thread?!
4. You look like a paid RMC fanboy to me.
5. Is there anyone from Applian willing to help?

stream-recorder.com
08-13-2009, 11:08 PM
It's doesn't help me with my problem to read over and over again that you don't have any problems.
I did my best. I have a couple pf Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 and I can't replicate this.

I suppose that not every Flash Player 9 can help. If I recall correctly I used the version mentioned in the thread.

You look like a paid RMC fanboy to me.
Whatever makes you happy :D.

swatter
08-14-2009, 06:22 AM
LOL on the proposed fixes, way to understand the problem.. :)

Stays locked up even after closing both Firefox and RMC, until a reboot. Obvious likely candidate is RMC is locking whatever service it is using to tap into the stream. Closing both and stopping then restarting the service will likely fix it without a reboot, haven't ID'd the service yet though..

It's the internet, seeing the end of anything isn't guaranteed, even the end of the start. RMC has told the service to listen, it listens, sees the start of something and never sees the end of the start due to starting something else and never getting the completing data for the first start. Wait a few extra seconds and I can switch streams without a problem. Click another stream a second or two early before it finishes that initial info and it locks up tight.

Even if the fault of waiting forever is technically in the service, RMC is using that service and started it listening, so responsibility still lands squarely at RMC's feet to make sure it doesn't listen forever for something that isn't even coming and locking everything up. RMC is a data handling application, no amount of bad data or an unanticipated condition (like no end to the starting info) should ever allow it or anything it is using to enter a state that it won't come out of..

Likely some very thin coding somewhere, waiting forever for some end condition that isn't guaranteed to happen. Nothing is ever guaranteed to happen even if it almost always does, and nothing should ever be simply coded to wait endlessly for anything. But it's happening somewhere with RMC or something RMC is using.

I know this is an older post but you hit the nail on the head. I gave up trying to figure out what service or process was getting pooched by RMC. It doesn't happen all the time only occasionally. Usually if Firefox crashes while I'm recording something. If anyone knows what process is being pooched it would be much appreciated. Then I could just restart the service without having to shut everything down and start it all up again.

Zero3K
09-03-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm also having this problem in v3.02. When I click on Start Recording, Opera 10 starts acting real sluggish. The only security program I have on my PC is Microsoft Security Essentials v1.0.1501.0.

Jefff
09-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I know this is an older post but you hit the nail on the head. I gave up trying to figure out what service or process was getting pooched by RMC. It doesn't happen all the time only occasionally. Usually if Firefox crashes while I'm recording something. If anyone knows what process is being pooched it would be much appreciated. Then I could just restart the service without having to shut everything down and start it all up again.

Also have this problem. If my browser crashes (or rather, if RMC crashes my browser) while I am recording a stream it will lock up the internet. If I end-task my browser and restart it, it will work as long as I only load basic pages. If I load anything with a stream or start recording again it will lock up the browser. The only way to resolve the issue is to restart the computer.

swatter
09-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Also have this problem. If my browser crashes (or rather, if RMC crashes my browser) while I am recording a stream it will lock up the internet. If I end-task my browser and restart it, it will work as long as I only load basic pages. If I load anything with a stream or start recording again it will lock up the browser. The only way to resolve the issue is to restart the computer.

A quicker way to resolve the issue is to just log off and then log back on again. Still a huge pain in the A though. Everything has to be shut down and started up again and no one seems to know what process it is that's being killed. Be nice if we knew that at least and could restart the process without having to close down everything else we're working on.

AgentX
09-13-2009, 10:44 AM
I've just submitted a ticket to Applian on this issue, so I'll report back if they come up with something.
Unlike many who've posted here, when I Start Recording with Media Catcher 3.02 it doesn't just slow the browser, it kills internet access dead. Same on all browsers tested, and it happens every time. Consequently I cannot use Media Catcher.

It stopped working months ago, but I didn't have time to explore. Not very encouraging that no definitive fix has appeared yet.

AgentX
09-14-2009, 05:46 AM
OK - this is the reply I got:

"If a reinstall doesn't help, this is usually the result of another program clashing with Media Catcher. Here is a list of things that we know can cause this problem:

Ad-Muncher
LiveMesh
CounterSpy
SpySweeper
ZoneAlarm
CA Anti-Spyware Utility
Comodo
Net Nanny
Threatfire
Trusteer Rappoirt

If you have any of these or a similar app running on your computer, try shutting them down while Media Catcher is running. If it is not one of the known apps this can be difficult to pinpoint."

For me it was Threatfire that was causing the problem. It was not enough to exit the program - it had to be uninstalled. Everything was fine after that.

I also use Comodo firewall and still have it running, but this doesn't seem to cause any problems.

rcheliguy
09-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Hi all, I'm having some lock up problems with the trial version of RMC 3.02 and it was working fine up until yesterday.

So right now I'm running Vista 64bit, IE8, Flash 10 and AVG AV 8.5. The site i'm usually recording is a cam site.

So I can go to the site and view it fine, but the moment I fire up RMC, the stream stops and now I can't record anything at all.

Now, I have cleared my temp files and like I said, up until yesterday, it was working fine with the occasional not wanting to record and crashing.

I have not yet tried to do a reinstall yet and was hoping to find some help before I resorted to that.

stream-recorder.com
09-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi all, I'm having some lock up problems with the trial version of RMC 3.02 and it was working fine up until yesterday.

So right now I'm running Vista 64bit, IE8, Flash 10 and AVG AV 8.5. The site i'm usually recording is a cam site.

So I can go to the site and view it fine, but the moment I fire up RMC, the stream stops and now I can't record anything at all.

Now, I have cleared my temp files and like I said, up until yesterday, it was working fine with the occasional not wanting to record and crashing.

I have not yet tried to do a reinstall yet and was hoping to find some help before I resorted to that.
Try to use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer.

rcheliguy
09-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Try to use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer.

I understand that you're trying to be helpful...but I've read this thread, some people are having trouble with all the browsers and I really would rather not use Firefox.

As I said, up until this week, it was working fine with IE8. So unless the site has somehow figured out a way to block RMC from recording streams, then the problem squarely lies with the RMC software.

This is the error that IE generates in the event log:

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18813, time stamp 0x4a6621ae, faulting module gopher.dll, version 3.1.6.9, time stamp 0x49a61ab4, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00001543, process id 0x1194, application start time 0x01ca3bb82612aa7b.

So, seeing as how gopher.dll is part of RMC, something is wrong there and I would think Applian would like to try and get more information on solving this. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops and install other software to get theirs to work properly.

stream-recorder.com
09-24-2009, 01:15 AM
I understand that you're trying to be helpful...but I've read this thread, some people are having trouble with all the browsers and I really would rather not use Firefox.

So, seeing as how gopher.dll is part of RMC, something is wrong there and I would think Applian would like to try and get more information on solving this. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops and install other software to get theirs to work properly.
I agree that ideally users shouldn't do anything to make software work. The problem is that nobody is using clean Windows and it is not that easy to locate the problem unless the developer knows how to replicate it. Trying tips mentioned in this thread can help not only you, but other users as well.

Zarathustra
09-24-2009, 07:33 PM
I've a lot of the same issues with IE, XP, crashes from IE and RMC, probs with BBC iPlayer, iView, etc. It was total chaos when I tried to open 5 rtmp flash tabs in IE under XP. Many of the content providers, like the BBC, have gone to a strategy where the stream will cut out if the browser isn't left open. If the page is updated, like the title changed, IE crashes. Major headaches. I'm posting my workaround here, because this topic has the most replies, but it works for many of these issues.

The problem is more on the IE side, than anything else, so I tried Firefox. Worse with iPlayer. I was about to start trying all kinds of browser combinations, when it struck me that real player will display a web page. It has very little overhead, and I found that RMC picks up real players streams nicely. So now, I just get the link to the page that would have the embedded flash player, and enter the URL in realplayer. For multiple windows select File->New->Browser, and click the URL line once before the stream starts, and quickly paste in the new URL. It will be recorded fine as well. with 7 cricket streams going simultaneously, I am using only 35 MB of memory, and about 20% CPU. As I write this, RMC has been recording them without probs for 2 hours. I haven't tried it, but it might overcome much of the UTube, etc. issues.

Good luck, all!

rcheliguy
09-24-2009, 08:42 PM
I agree that ideally users shouldn't do anything to make software work. The problem is that nobody is using clean Windows and it is not that easy to locate the problem unless the developer knows how to replicate it. Trying tips mentioned in this thread can help not only you, but other users as well.

I get where you're coming from and I made sure that I wasn't any programs known to have issues with RMC, as well as doing the clearing of my temp files before posting. However, if RMC requires me to use a certain browser, they should mention that.

At any rate, I posted my event log on what caused it to crash. I have since uninstalled and reinstalled the app (3.01 this time). Also, when I was uninstalling 3.02, it appears that gopher.dll was running in memory and I have yet to find that process so I could kill it manually. So I'm going to figure that for whatever reason, gopher.dll stays in memory after a crash and mine may have gotten corrupted and that's why it wasn't recording anything until after an uninstall & reboot.

Hopefully the devs will be looking at some of these things and maybe ask us for the error logs so they can track down what's causing these issues.

stream-recorder.com
09-24-2009, 08:53 PM
I get where you're coming from and I made sure that I wasn't any programs known to have issues with RMC, as well as doing the clearing of my temp files before posting. However, if RMC requires me to use a certain browser, they should mention that.
They do not require you to use any software. It was my own recommendation.

At any rate, I posted my event log on what caused it to crash. I have since uninstalled and reinstalled the app (3.01 this time). Also, when I was uninstalling 3.02, it appears that gopher.dll was running in memory and I have yet to find that process so I could kill it manually. So I'm going to figure that for whatever reason, gopher.dll stays in memory after a crash and mine may have gotten corrupted and that's why it wasn't recording anything until after an uninstall & reboot.
Applian does require to uninstall, reboot and only then re-install RMC.

Zarathustra
09-27-2009, 06:19 AM
I saw this as well. The reboot is what frees gopher.dll from memory, or you can't do the uninstall. That bit is crappy Windoze architecture, and there's very little devs can do except fix the problem, if possible. In the old 16 bit days, I used to have a healthy set of jobs, getting dlls to unload. I had a list of 20 rules, all of which had to be followed. Now, Windoze handles it, usually correct, except when it is in a system call. That's a general weakness of its architecture, that all the usual program controls, i.e. task priority, memory management, freeing loaded modules, etc., only work when the task is in normal user mode. When it is in a system call (kernel, GDI, etc), it's effectively a completely flat architecture, regardless of priority, whether it was a user task, etc. That is why Windoze multitasking is so inferior to Linux, or any contemporary OS, for that matter. Wish I had a tape recorder back in 1983, when I was in a meeting with MS execs, and pointed out the Y2K weakness, and they said, "anyone using Windows in the year 2000 will have a lot bigger problems than Y2K". Ain't that the truth! Marketing and OEM arm twisting trumps engineering...again.

JohnMaher
12-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Comodo is a problem. But since it's a firewall, we need to accept Applian as a trusted application. Go to Comodo-->Defense + --> My Trusted Software Vendors --> And click ADD from Running Process. Oh, you need to have RMC 3.11 working. then RMC should work for you; it did for me, at least.:)

Don_Don
12-24-2009, 02:17 PM
:rolleyes: I keep getting message two short add 3 characters so I'm adding this starting sentence !

This is usually the result of another program clashing with Media Catcher. Here is a list of things that we know can cause this problem:

Ad-Muncher
LiveMesh
CounterSpy
SpySweeper
[B]ZoneAlarm :confused: Used to use with previous to version 3.11 and no problems! I now use PC Tools with previous to version 3.11 with no problems!
CA Anti-Spyware Utility
Comodo
Net Nanny
Threatfire
Trusteer Rappoirt
PCTools :( Their anti virus? Their Firewall or other programs ? and why not these problems with older versions of Media Catcher? :D

If you have any of these or a similar app running on your computer, try shutting them down while Media Catcher is running {Should I really disable antivirus software?}. If it is not one of the known apps this can be difficult to pinpoint.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

rpm2nite
01-07-2010, 02:22 PM
I have been very happy with RMC until 2 weeks ago...
I had this problem browser lock up problem, particularly with Chrome. :confused:
I tried the old 'revert to older flash version' trick without success :(
However everything worked well once PCTools Spyware Doctor (with antivirus) has been dis-abled. :mad:
Whilst this is great for a diagnostic test, it's hardly a long term solution...
Is there like to be a fix / patch / upgrade for this issue anytime soon please?
TIA :D
Versions;
RMC = 3.11
Flash = 10.0.42.34
PCT + AV = 7.0.0.514

Tasha Heinlein
01-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Media Catcher is not compatible with the latset version of PCTools. There is nothing we can do on our end to change this. The program blocks Media Catcher from connecting.

jacksk
01-29-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm having the same problems with RMC. I don't use any firewall software, none of those disallowed programs, I even reinstalled windows 7 for this and installed only RMC and Chrome with flash 10. in totally random intervals flash in chrome just crashes, if I use firefox it crashes completely, and sometimes chrome crashes completely too and in that case I have to quit RMC or restart my pc to be able to access internet again. it didn't happen as often with flash 9 though. if I use chrome without RMC it works flawlessly for days, until i start RMC.

janus22
01-31-2010, 10:30 AM
I have the same problem and if I'm working on something else when it happens, sucks big time :( them people from applian technologies must do something about it....

NineEyes
02-07-2010, 01:28 PM
I installed RMC last week on Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and had similar issues - Chrome and IE8 would seize up (even Replay AV 8 was affected) after the first .mp3 capture. Only a reboot would bring these things back to life.

I was getting ready to quantify the issue for Applian technical support and saw some mention in the RMC FAQ about enabling the "Web Stream Dumper" plug-in. I did and the problems disappeared.

Good luck everybody!

jazjef
02-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Threatfire solution/workaround: Install and use Opera browser with RMC

I too have Threatfire installed and RMC no longer works as it blocks my Internet Explorer and my Firefox browsers.

The solution for me was to download and install Opera browser. I am using Opera version 8.52 with Windows XP Pro. When you want to record, launch Opera and find your videos/site you want to record, then launch RMC and click the record button....then start your video you wish to record. In addition, using this method still gives me access to my FireFox browser to continue working on other things while recording. So, I just use Opera in tandem with RMC when I want to record stuff---works great.

For some reason Opera communicates through Threatfire in a way that IE and FF do not. Note: this works on my PC and is no guarantee that it will work for you----but its a very easy thing to try and I tried everything else for about 5 months until I tried this alternative browser method. Good luck.

eagle_ks
02-16-2010, 01:52 AM
It sounds strange but the browser Opera solved this problem for me. This browser doesn't have this problem with RMC. Hope that Opera will solve this problem for you too. Try it! No big deal.

demotester
02-24-2010, 05:51 PM
hello,

this is some good info. i AM USING INDEED both avast and zonealarm. that s two programs from your (too long!) list.

still, i find it somewhat inacceptable.. and your program SHOULD BE MORE stable!

if you can code the program in such a way that it is compatible with AT LEAST avast, then i will consider buying it.

avast is a great FREE antivirus program (i like it better than Antivir or AVG. much better).. avast has problems with (old versions of) ZoneAlarm too.. so i am willing to install a different Firewall software (outpost etc.).. but i cannot do without avast.

Btw, avast CANNOT be shut down. I just can "stop the On-Access Protection". IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO KILL the processes with Windows Task-Manager (or KILL.EXE, or sysinternals.com's Process Explorer).

So, is stopping the On-Access Protection enough?

Thanks for all,
best regards
demotester

demotester
02-24-2010, 06:21 PM
okay, i am giving up now. it was fun testing the demo and the functionality of the tool (the tool works. even embedded or hidden Adobe Flash Videos. with the old RTMB plugin),but now i am thinking that i am losing too much time.dfasdf

i have shut down zonealarm. and i have clicked on 'Stop On-Access Protection' (avast). i set up a list of audio downloads (m4a captured from RTBM flash webplayers), for parallel download, and .. this time the tool crashed again (by the time it was finished with downloading the first audio track).

i did download 1 or 2 complete sets of data (okok, audio tracks) pretty flawlessly.. but then again.. it crashed with other sets (okok, audio albums). So.. its behaviour is NOT predictable (and the good working job not straight forward reproducible). In other words, the program has an UNSTABLE behaviour.

Very annoying. Really i lost so much time..
I will give it another shot .. when i have lots of leisure again.. and when you have released some rock solid stable release!!

Thanks for the demo. It s way too early to pay money .. at this stage of software coding/production/quality.

PLEASE DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL WHEN I AM CRITIZING THE QUALITY OF YOUR PRODUCT

:P

Tasha Heinlein
02-24-2010, 09:28 PM
We cannot program Media Catcher in a way that bypasses security software. Not that it isn't possible, this is not something we would even want to do. This is a limitation of the security software that you are using. You would need to contact them directly and ask why our program is blocked from connecting even when specifically given allowances, and even when their program is "disabled". Thank you for the feedback, but this is not something we can fix on our end.

ianai
02-25-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm also experiencing this issue. I was having the problem previously until I reloaded the software following an upgrade to windows 7. I figured I'd hosed something in Vista. This time however, I KNOW I didn't do anything.

Replay Media Catcher has been working brilliantly, no issues whatsoever and then, all of a sudden as if something is at capacity, it has brought everything to an all but complete halt with regards to browsers. I use the latest version of Firefox, IE and Chrome. My registered version of RMC is up to date via Applian Director.

This morning, I recorded about 20 streams. Then, all of a sudden it just kinda hung. Now if I launch any browser while it's open, it literally takes two-three minutes for each input and often five minutes for pages to load.

I'm not running any of the crap suggested as known conflicts. I swear, it almost seems like my page file reached maximum capacity and is unable to purge the data or something..sounds stupid I know, but the behavior both times this has happened from working perfectly to being perfectly hosed occurred in an instant. BTW, the page file isnt' the problem..just seemed like a possibility. I've since verified using windirsat that it's not full. No changes have been made to my system since it was problem-free this morning. Now, it is 100% unusable.

ianai
02-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Hmmm, I may have just found the fix for this issue. Perhaps someone else experiencing the issue can test this and see if it resolves your issue.

Preface: Rebooting doesn't resolve this problem.

How I fixed it...or rather the only thing I've done differently.

First, there was a directory that contained what appeared to be a bunch of cached .flv videos. Clearing it didn't resolve the issue at the time, but may have helped. I found that here:

c:\users\yourProfile\AppData\local\flvservice\

Presumably, this would be c:\documents and settings\local settings\application data\flvservice on XP..though that's just a guess - could be wrong.

In using windirsat, I noticed that my hyberfil.sys file was also massive. I don't use hybernate so I decided to blow that away.

Open command prompt, type powercfg.exe -h off

Reboot

The hyberfil.sys file should be gone..is the problem gone as well?

Seems illogical, but that's what I did and now RMC is working again. EDIT: Now my browsers are working again when RMC's running..i suppose it was never technically broken, it just broke everything else ;) No efforts in Vista a few months back or previously today when I started trying to fix the return of this seriously frustrating issue had done anything, and this, whether coincidence or not was the last thing I did prior to returned functionality.

Note that attempting this will disable hibernation. Note that hibernation historically equals frustration. It's never worked right.

Anyway, somebody give this a shot, see what happens :)

demotester
02-26-2010, 04:06 PM
not too many ppl view this thread or write in this thread. maybe not too many ppl are affected by crashing of the tool (after completion of downloads). i am really wondering why i have this problem.. (i am using now the latest v3.11 build, with no further tweaking, i.e. with no exchanging of plugins from new to old, etc. ;)

[...]

i am writing her to report to the public (everyone who is reading this!) that I HAVE FINALLY RESOLVED the problem. i have installed ZoneAlarm 2.6.362 and Avast! Professional Edition v4.8.1368 and Windows XP Service Pack 2 (with no further updates except for Windows Media Player 10), and as mentioned, a clean install of RMC v3.11.

Everything works fine.

This does not mean that RMC is bugfree or a stable application (WinRAR, www.rarsoft.com, is a stable application which NEVER EVER crashes!!), but i found a workaround (not a fix!) so that the tool would not crash. never again.

Revising the logics of/behind the workaround (let's call it "demotester's workaround"), it becomes clear quickly that... the origin of the crashing problem MUST BE INHERENT TO the tool itself. And it should be able to be fixed by re-writing the code/engine/plugin of RMC.

[...]

I will tell demotester's workaround to users who are users of the tool AND on this forum (e.g. forum/board entry date). Just let me know. (And then again, in return, you guys (RMC users) let me/us know in turn, if my workaround worked out for you 100%.

From now on, i am confident not to have anymore a crashing RMC on my system!!

Greetz. time for sleep and rest.
Was too :eek: exhausting the testing and looking for a workaround..
good bye

demotester

blazegmc
03-04-2010, 03:09 AM
I been using RMC for about 5months with no problems. . But recently it only records half the videos on youtube,and has now started making my browsers either slow or totally crash. . . Ive deleted all the video history, cleared tha cache, everything suggested. . . Ive made NO changes to my system since ive had it, and have none of the suggested 'clash' programmes. . Its just simply stopped working. It seems to me the browsers or websites have found a way to protect their media content, and the lack of answers from applian is quite dissapointing. ..........,.update, i think i may have found a sollution. . I disabled FLVSrvc.exe in the start up menu and its working with no crash, also am able to download videos that wouldnot work before. . And as a bonus, the video history only stores whatever you record,rather than every single video.

ginoT
03-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Using Opera fixed it for me too. Only problem is that RMC isn't able to pick up the file name as accurately/intelligently as it did with Chrome so I'm having to constantly rename the file name. As I'm recording quite a large number of vids this is a major pain in the backside - before I could blast my way through a list no problem.

Technical support - this is obviously a clash with the browsers (which Opera somehow is immune to) as I haven't closed any of the conflicting aps you listed.

please can you provide us with a fix?

cwolf201
03-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Windows 7 updated today, and the issue is fixed with the exception of a very slim page load lag. I did not use any of the fixes suggested in this discussion before downloading the windows update

ginoT
03-14-2010, 02:42 AM
now Opera isn't working for me! Arghhh!!

It seems as though you can use a fix for a while until something else finally "catches"-up with you.

Would rather not have to stomach a full OS reinstall to Windows7 just to see if that works, and going by my experience even that will eventually stop working.

stream-recorder.com
03-14-2010, 07:33 AM
now Opera isn't working for me! Arghhh!!

It seems as though you can use a fix for a while until something else finally "catches"-up with you.

Would rather not have to stomach a full OS reinstall to Windows7 just to see if that works, and going by my experience even that will eventually stop working.
Have you tried to disable hibernation?

audioh0bbs
03-19-2010, 01:52 AM
not too many ppl view this thread or write in this thread. maybe not too many ppl are affected by crashing of the tool (after completion of downloads). i am really wondering why i have this problem.. (i am using now the latest v3.11 build, with no further tweaking, i.e. with no exchanging of plugins from new to old, etc. ;)

[...]

i am writing her to report to the public (everyone who is reading this!) that I HAVE FINALLY RESOLVED the problem. i have installed ZoneAlarm 2.6.362 and Avast! Professional Edition v4.8.1368 and Windows XP Service Pack 2 (with no further updates except for Windows Media Player 10), and as mentioned, a clean install of RMC v3.11.

Everything works fine.

This does not mean that RMC is bugfree or a stable application (WinRAR, www.rarsoft.com, is a stable application which NEVER EVER crashes!!), but i found a workaround (not a fix!) so that the tool would not crash. never again.

Revising the logics of/behind the workaround (let's call it "demotester's workaround"), it becomes clear quickly that... the origin of the crashing problem MUST BE INHERENT TO the tool itself. And it should be able to be fixed by re-writing the code/engine/plugin of RMC.

[...]

I will tell demotester's workaround to users who are users of the tool AND on this forum (e.g. forum/board entry date). Just let me know. (And then again, in return, you guys (RMC users) let me/us know in turn, if my workaround worked out for you 100%.

From now on, i am confident not to have anymore a crashing RMC on my system!!

Greetz. time for sleep and rest.
Was too :eek: exhausting the testing and looking for a workaround..
good bye

demotester

Good day,

I am having problems getting RMC to start on my system and yes, I do have Avast and no, I am not de-installing it to run this program..... It used to work before I upgraded to Win 7 64 bit but now does not play ball. It installs, but will not run and the whole shebang was a clean install to a brand new disk. I am not happy about this since I had this running before and there is no reason for it not to now.

Please help before I tear my hair out completely.

Cheers,

Al.

Tasha Heinlein
03-21-2010, 08:14 PM
You will need to contact Avast so they can offer you a work around that will allow Media Catcher to connect out.

stream-recorder.com
03-24-2010, 02:50 AM
In using windirsat, I noticed that my hyberfil.sys file was also massive. I don't use hybernate so I decided to blow that away.

Open command prompt, type powercfg.exe -h off

Reboot

The hyberfil.sys file should be gone..is the problem gone as well?

This is an awesome tip! Turning off hibernation really helps!

Here how to turn off the hibernation in Windows 7

Open "Control Panel" -> "Power Options" -> "Change the advanced power settings".
Expand "Sleep" and "Hibernate after"
Under "Hibernate after", set the Setting (Minutes) to "Never".
Under "Allow hybrid sleep", set Setting to "Off"
Click the "OK".

I only changed the "Hibernate after" to "Never" and it works just fine

You can also disable hibernation (or remove hibernation file) from the command prompt. Just type "powercfg -h off" and press the "Enter" button. Then close the command prompt.

Glenzos
04-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Hi!

I am having a weird issue with the new version of Media Catcher. I launch the program, then I launch my browser(either Firefox or Explorer) and then try to go to my usual streaming sites. My browser(s) slow to a crawl when browsing between sites....almost like I am behind a really slow proxy server. Other times, I launch the program and make it to the streaming site and start a video, and then the browser slow to a crawl, or locks up tight. I end up having to use process manager to shut down the browser. The older versions of Media Catcher worked fine, and I was able to record lots of streams just fine. This happens when I go Veoh, most of the OVGuide.com streaming sites....I have yet to figure out what is going on. I am running XP with service pack 2 and have Comcast as my internet provider. Any ideas would be helpful.....I miss my recording options :)...

Here ya Go,

Ok this is what I figured out, like everyone else all of my browsers locked up when trying to record with RMC. I had a copy of Adobe 8.1 Pro. installed on the computers the were having this issue. After trying to figure out why some computers were locking and some weren't, I realized that was the difference. I un-installed Adobe 8.1 Pro. and the problem was solved. I'm not saying that it is the same on your computer but if you are running an older version of Adobe "anything", then Flash 10 or 10.1 could be having a conflict and raging havoc on our browsers. There I Fixed It:cool:!!!

Glenzo

stream-recorder.com
04-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Ok this is what I figured out, like everyone else all of my browsers locked up when trying to record with RMC. I had a copy of Adobe 8.1 Pro. installed on the computers the were having this issue. After trying to figure out why some computers were locking and some weren't, I realized that was the difference. I un-installed Adobe 8.1 Pro. and the problem was solved. I'm not saying that it is the same on your computer but if you are running an older version of Adobe "anything", then Flash 10 or 10.1 could be having a conflict and raging havoc on our browsers. There I Fixed It:cool:!!!
What is Adobe 8.1 Pro? Adobe Acrobat? Adobe Premiere?
What OS do you use?

twistednip
04-14-2010, 08:18 PM
I am looking to hear the work-around that was found. I am having the freezing problem with rmc where it will work fine for a little bit, then freeze everything.

twistednip
04-14-2010, 08:55 PM
I don't have any antivirus active on this computer. So it isn't the antivirus software.

mnicotra
05-07-2010, 08:28 AM
I don't know who closed this thread in my last post. The problem is far from resolved... I have reposted it.

I have read through the posts and it seems that RMC has 2 distinct problems. RMC crashing OR the Browser Crashing whislt in RECORD mode.

In regards to the Browser Crashing problem the solution suggested by someone was downgrading from Flash Player 10 to 9 BUT this did not work for everyone. I suggest the issue is with RMC video stream interception method not being fully compatable with Win 7 64x and Flash 10 and not Specifically Adobe flash player 10.

I have WIndows 7 Pro 64bit plus IE8 (32bit) plus latest Firefox browsers. I installed and registered RMC 3.1.1.

•I run RMC and click on START RECORD
•I open my browser (doesn't matter which one is opened).
•I navigate to a page that has a flash player and start playing the video.
•Within seconds the browser crashes and reports "Firefox has stopped working . A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solutions is available." (If I used IE8 then the same happens)
•I click on close program

If I do not click on START RECORDING before opening the browser then the video plays back normally.

This happens with all video on different sites.

I have also disabled my internet/virus protection software but still crashes. I am also not running any of the programs listed in the forum that can cause problems with RMC.

Obviously the RMC intercept method is causing a browser crash but I wouldn't know how to fix this.

Any ideas?

And Hibernation is not the issue here either

As an aside ...

I have been waiting a few days for a response from tech support and have since discovered the freeware software *****. This works perfectly on my system with both browsers and the multi-download facility means the flv file is downloaded rapidly and even before the realtime video is still streaming. Great feature. I'm surprised a freeware program works so well and an expensive commercial program doesn't. From other posts here also other similar programs don't seem to be experiencing this problem either.

MrChukkel
06-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Whilst Im in a moaning mood, I would just like to add to this thread, I am Using Vista x64 SP2 Fully Windows Updated, and IE8 with the latest RMC infact the whole suite. I have used RMC for quite some time now and it has randomly made IE8 crash and reload since I have had it, but I have just put up with YOUR bug. RMC could work absolutely fine one night but not on another, most of the time IE8 will just crash and reload and it might not be all tabs that crash it might just be one.. after RMC crashes IE8, 95% of the time IE8 will reload OK but....
after IE8 crashes and when RMC is in record mode sometimes I can not browse anything on the internet, this is quite rare maybe twice a month, and to resolve this you can only reboot your PC, nothing else helps.
IE8 NEVER crashes when I am not using RMC and ONLY crashes when I am using RMC, it doesn't matter if Record mode is on or not or even if a stream is recording, if I just have RMC open just sitting in the background I have seen IE8 crash

I have tried all the fixes in this thread but not managed to get anything to resolve this issue, I am an IT support person and DO have Sh** loads of software installed on my PC but that all works fine and non of the ones mentioned in the thread are installed.
The Sites that I use with RMC are mainly Flash sites, so having Adobe Flash installed is a must!

I am not willing to rebuild my PC from scratch because I honeslty beleive this is an Applian problem not anyone elses. I have tried other browsers and exactly the same happens. I don't expect any one from applian to help because so far it's only been by luck people have fixed their own problems. I have renamed the FLVSrvc.exe because I hate this feature, there really should be a setting to turn this off in the software but thats a conversation for another thread.

When IE crashes I get the below event log which MS says is a problem with a plug-in, no sh**! it's RMC!!!

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18904, time stamp 0x4b835fec, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00000000, process id 0x1650, application start time 0x01cb0297c998f7f7.

Any way Enough for now
Chukkel

Cheryl Wester
06-02-2010, 05:15 PM
We are aware of the issues that some people are having. We have plans for a new Media Catcher that is much improved to be released this summer. I don't have a date for this. Thanks for your patience.

MIDAS
06-24-2010, 08:37 AM
We are aware of the issues that some people are having. We have plans for a new Media Catcher that is much improved to be released this summer. I don't have a date for this. Thanks for your patience.

I haven't been able to use RMC for quite some time as well. Browsers freeze up, etc. Been waiting for your "new media catcher" release to fix this problem. - Summer is here. So where's the fix???
My patience is running out. About ready to look for other software/company.

Wrusty Bartlett
06-24-2010, 07:51 PM
I also am having this problem. Using Vista Home, with Google Chrome as browser. Have followed other reports and tried what has been suggested. No difference.
I am using the demo version of RMC and like it, but do not feel like paying for the upgraded version while this problem is there.

Wrusty Bartlett

purpleflag
06-24-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm also having this problem and have been for AGES now!
Very occaisonaly it will catch an odd 1 or 2 but then stops again, & goes to normal:
preventing net access for email and browsers without restarting them.
(I've tried firefox, opera, safari, even explorer!)

But it luckily it only causes crashes sometimes for me.
I tried to find the previous version but I think I deleted it. :( agggghh!

Why can't applian just reissue the last working version till they eventually get round to 'fixing' this bug???

Cheryl Wester
06-24-2010, 10:55 PM
We hope to have our new version out and released within the next couple of weeks. Also, many people have found that a fresh reboot of the computer does correct this issue.

xdocbombay
07-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Hi..I was having the same problem and seemed to have straightened it out.

Irun IE8 on Vista 64 and use AVAST anti-virus. I tried disabling ALL the modules and got no help. I then DE-activated the software completely, and rebooted.

ON reboot my Media Catcher seems to be working without problem....

YAY

stream-recorder.com
07-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Replay Media Catcher 4 has been released recently. You shouldn't have any freezing or crashing browsers when using it.

myersph
07-19-2010, 12:50 AM
Except that I have had to go back to version 3.11 as:

1. 'Enable Super Download' as in 3.11 seems to have gone? v4 records in real time as opposed to really quickly in 3.11. (unless I have missed some tick box)

2. And a real retrograde step is the recording name of the programme. 3.11 picks up the name of the programme - so far v4 has not for me

I had to pay a small amount for the upgrade but I wont ask for a refund as yet in case they cure theyse issues in a later version.

stream-recorder.com
08-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Except that I have had to go back to version 3.11 as:

1. 'Enable Super Download' as in 3.11 seems to have gone? v4 records in real time as opposed to really quickly in 3.11. (unless I have missed some tick box)

2. And a real retrograde step is the recording name of the programme. 3.11 picks up the name of the programme - so far v4 has not for me

I had to pay a small amount for the upgrade but I wont ask for a refund as yet in case they cure theyse issues in a later version.
Both features are back in RMC 4.0.6 beta.

DWNLDR
09-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Really? I had Version 4.0.5 working until I let it try to update to 4.0.9. Process failed, giving a bad/missing file error. MC4 immediately no longer worked. Repair fails with same file error. Cannot UNINSTALL as a bad/missing file error pops up. Gave up and installed Version 3.11b. Now Media Catcher launches but will not record and will not let Firefox connect if starting Firefox with Media Catcher. If I open Firefox first, then 'Catcher, it sits there and will not allow downloading or navigation. I run avast! and ThreatFire - they were FINE before the "upgrade" - I initially had to fiddle with it but WAS able to download files - again, before the update attempt. I did the erase hibernation file deal and tried the stream dumper option. No improvement. Shut down ThreatFire and Avast! with no improvement. I REFUSE to UNINSTALL my antivirus/firewall - really? As a "fix"? Something is wrong with the UPDATE. I was fine until I used it. NOW I CANNOT EVEN UNINSTALL MEDIA CATCHER. Yay.

ADDING THIS: What initially happened after the update failed is that the PC (Vista) acts like Media Catcher isn't even installed. I just downloaded (again) the correct package (32bit) and TRIED to run it. It goes for a bit - I get past Agree to License, etc and the Progress Bar thing. It then Gives a Fatal Error with this message: "Replay Media Catcher 4 ERROR 1001: Exception occurred while initializing the installation: System.10.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or or assembly 'file///C:\Program Files\Applian Technologies\Replay Media Catcher 4\ainstaller.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

myersph
09-04-2010, 12:50 AM
The 4.0.6 beta version was a great improvement in many features but still not reliable enough to risk losing good old 3.11. If we now hear from DWNLDR that the newest 4.0.9 is even spoiling the 3.11 then I can assume many of us will wait in the wings until there is a 4.0.x that can work safely alongside 3.11. before we risk another fiasco.

stream-recorder.com
03-19-2011, 01:58 PM
My RMC 3.11 didn't crash in Windows 7 x64 SP1. I use the latest version of adobe flash player. Is anyone experiencing crashes in Windows 7 SP1?

wulfpaw
02-17-2013, 03:07 AM
XP, everything up to date. After the update, MC4 is totally crashing my entire system. Screen goes black, computer restarts. After one such event, my mouse/cursor was dead. I had to restart with the 'last known good configuration' thing to get things back up and running. This is beginning to shake my faith in your products...