PDA

View Full Version : Hulu HD Gallery

tangoalpha
10-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Perhaps this is a Demo Version issue, but does RMC 3 work with the HDTV content from the Hulu HD Gallery? I have received the green check mark with 480p content, but have not been able to even see a capture begin with the HD content. I receive the commercial content green checkmark, but not even an indication that there is content being played for the episode itself! FWIW, I've tried several of the Season 4 Lost episodes. Is it a stream that RMC is not compatible with? Thanks.

MatthewC1000
10-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Perhaps this is a Demo Version issue, but does RMC 3 work with the HDTV content from the Hulu HD Gallery? I have received the green check mark with 480p content, but have not been able to even see a capture begin with the HD content. I receive the commercial content green checkmark, but not even an indication that there is content being played for the episode itself! FWIW, I've tried several of the Season 4 Lost episodes. Is it a stream that RMC is not compatible with? Thanks.
Yes, Replay Media Catcher downloads 480p resolution videos...just rename the extenion of the .flv file to .avi and play it in PowerDVD 7 ultra or higher and, click play HD content.

helloandwahtever
10-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Yes, Hulu's Season 4 Lost episodes are not compatible with Replay Media Catcher. Hulu sends you to ABC.com where a special player is required.

For the other HD gallery (http://www.hulu.com/hd/) videos, the answer is specific to each video and sometimes the resolution of that video.

The 1280x720 Quantum of Solace trailer and Independence Day clips are H.264/AAC MP4 files that can be downloaded with a browser or Replay Media Catcher will download them too.

Neither the 720x480 nor 1280x720 Dr. Horrible episodes at Hulu can be downloaded with Replay Media Catcher AFAIK.

According to another thread, Applian is researching the latter issue right now.

MatthewC1000
10-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Yes, Hulu's Season 4 Lost episodes are not compatible with Replay Media Catcher. Hulu sends you to ABC.com where a special player is required.

For the other HD gallery (http://www.hulu.com/hd/) videos, the answer is specific to each video and sometimes the resolution of that video.

The 1280x720 Quantum of Solace trailer and Independence Day clips are H.264/AAC MP4 files that can be downloaded with a browser or Replay Media Catcher will download them too.

Neither the 720x480 nor 1280x720 Dr. Horrible episodes at Hulu can be downloaded with Replay Media Catcher AFAIK.

According to another thread, Applian is researching the latter issue right now.

Yes, you're right...Replay Media Catcher will not download streams of the ABC HD Video (only commercials)...but, WM Recorder 12.1 will.

jacomoman
12-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Yes, you're right...Replay Media Catcher will not download streams of the ABC HD Video (only commercials)...but, WM Recorder 12.1 will.

I read this post about RMC not being able to capture from ABC's HD content site, but WMR being able to so I went and bought WMR about an hour ago. After almost an hour of mucking around with WM Recorder I can not get it to record the actual episode content from ABC's Lost HD content site.

Am I missing something here? It (both WMR and RMC) records the commercials just fine, but when you click the "Click here to start" link on the player, nothing happens in the WMR recording window. It is blisfully unaware of the HD content being currently played in FireFox Move Media Player plugin.

And yes, before anyone answers back telling me whether or not I've entered the registration code, just know that I have. The software is bought/paid-for and registered and NOT in demo mode. I also shut it down and restarted it a few times just to make sure it saved its settings. It made no difference.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Jac
:confused:

Jeff Lenney
12-08-2008, 06:03 PM
I read this post about RMC not being able to capture from ABC's HD content site, but WMR being able to so I went and bought WMR about an hour ago. After almost an hour of mucking around with WM Recorder I can not get it to record the actual episode content from ABC's Lost HD content site.

Am I missing something here? It (both WMR and RMC) records the commercials just fine, but when you click the "Click here to start" link on the player, nothing happens in the WMR recording window. It is blisfully unaware of the HD content being currently played in FireFox Move Media Player plugin.

And yes, before anyone answers back telling me whether or not I've entered the registration code, just know that I have. The software is bought/paid-for and registered and NOT in demo mode. I also shut it down and restarted it a few times just to make sure it saved its settings. It made no difference.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Jac
:confused:

Hi,

Please submit a ticket to technical support, WM Recorder and that product line are not supported via these forums.

Thank you,