PDA

View Full Version : Netflix and webdump

nursepepper
10-05-2008, 01:06 AM
I've been trying to record netflix videos. I seemed to get the download going by launching IE through RMC, and then disabling super download, and enabling the webdump thing. I ended up getting two files, one for 98mb and one for 81mb from an hour long video.

Both of these files still have the .tmp extension on them, and I was wondering what I'm supposed to do next with these files? If I change them to .flv, .wmv, .avi, etc, they don't play.

MatthewC1000
10-05-2008, 10:19 AM
I've been trying to record netflix videos. I seemed to get the download going by launching IE through RMC, and then disabling super download, and enabling the webdump thing. I ended up getting two files, one for 98mb and one for 81mb from an hour long video.

Both of these files still have the .tmp extension on them, and I was wondering what I'm supposed to do next with these files? If I change them to .flv, .wmv, .avi, etc, they don't play.
I usually have my settings in Replay Media catcher @ default with no issues
but...you can Try WM Recorder 12.1, on NetFlix Video Streaming...some people claim it works great there.

Tasha Heinlein
10-06-2008, 01:24 PM

Media Catcher does not work with Netflix. These videos have DRM. You're best bet is to use a screen capture program, such as WM Capture:

http://www.wmrecorder.com/wm_capture.php

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.