PDA

View Full Version : Would Upgrade Fix Interminable Delete and Retries To Save From A Site

jeffrie25
08-18-2011, 04:48 AM
Using Replay Media Catcher 3.11B (full version details below).

I am saving mms://...wmv URLs by clicking the links. Files are retrieved over port 554. Only rarely are the streams saved on the first try. Most often the stream will save, the green check box will appear but the file is incomplete. Re-index makes a 2 KB file that won't play.

Using Delete and Retry over and over eventually allows the complete stream to be saved, playing the file in WMP is successful, and re-indexing the file allows seeking. RMS file properties (double click on file name in RMC) shows [Status: 200] Finished downloading content URL: rtsp://...

But I am really tired of using Delete and Retry. Sometimes it takes a couple dozen time before the full file will save. I'd rather not post the .edu link to the mms://... content publicaly, but will consider PM to support.

I'm pretty sure an eval of WM Recorder or RMC 4 will work great as each only allows half the stream to be saved. But I can already save half the stream. So I figure theres really no way to see if any upgrade or sidegrade would help. Any clues that an upgrade to RMC 4 might allow saving these streams? It looks to me that the upgrade adds many features, but doesn't say anything about better stream saving.

Version info follows.

Replay Media Catcher [Version: 3.11] [Build Date: Sep 24 2009 (12:45:44)] R: 1
Current Date/Time: Thu Aug 18 11:21:02 2011
Plug-In: plugin_zhttp [4.2.6.9]
Plug-In: plugin_zicy [1.0.0.1]
Plug-In: plugin_zrtmp [5.3.6.9]
Plug-In: plugin_zrtsp [1.3.6.9]
Plug-In: plugin_zskhttp [1.2.6.9]
Internal: ahook [1.5.0.0]
Internal: gopher [3.1.6.9]
Internal: MusicDNSLib [1.9.0.0]
Windows: Service Pack 3 [UAC: 0] [5.1.2600]
Browser: Internet Explorer [6.0.2900.5512]

jeffrie25
08-19-2011, 11:59 PM
FWIW, the files are recorded first time every time by WebVideoCap v 1.4.0.0 using WinPCap and indexed fine with ASFBin v 1.5.0.537. This is more work, essentially the added hassle renaming the files and running two apps instead of one.

I'd still be interested in knowing if RMC 4.x could have helped...