PDA

View Full Version : recording o.k., but the player remains black

remeca
08-17-2011, 07:09 PM
I think in the last time more often I have the situation, that the Replay Media Catcher succeeds to record a video , but when I want to see it on the player the player refuses.
One error message was like "not able to render ..."

Annother problem are some videos, which I didn't get from the beginning, let the player remain black. Even when the rest of the video is a big file.

Other videos I got were changing their name while recording, for example from "y-videoab234frgs_5frin ..." to "%FContent% ..... ", no chance to see those videos later on the player, it will remain dark, even the download was complete.

I would suggest that RTMP and other items like that would work more automatically.
Seems that a lot of sites want to make problems to capture their streams.
A menu to handle those videos could be on the main window of the RMC.
For example: "RMC can not download directly this video, let the video streaming window open, begin again und press button ..."

Other suggestion: If someone cannot capture successfully a video, wouldn't it be helpful to have a simple way to send the url to Applian?

I am a strong fan of RMC, but there is still a lot of work for you folks!

remeca
08-24-2011, 06:24 PM
O.k. I will try to describe better,

the videos from the internet are appearing as Adobe Flash Player 10.3.183.5

First, the titel in the RMC window may be 342765AFfg3483.... .flv for example.

So after few seconds, the name of the file changes into %2Fcontent%2F .... .flv

I saw this change already a lot of times.

I am not quite sure, but it seems to me that this change let the player remain black afterwards. I can use any player, they all remain black.

%2Fcontent%2F.... in the file name = black player

May be some tricky guys cause a change into "%" into the file name to make it illegible?

So what are the RMC people thinking?

Jeff Lenney
08-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?

remeca
08-27-2011, 07:25 PM
hi,
the url is

Edited out after testing per user request

I found no better example so please delete after reading for reason 18+

I used the RMcatcher afterwards, but it costs a lot of time more.

I have windows XP

thanks

Jeff Lenney
08-28-2011, 11:18 PM
Hi

Thanks for the URL and I did edit it out after testing it.

I got the black screen back during playback as well, i'm going to look into this and will follow up

remeca
08-29-2011, 05:38 PM
hi Jeff,

thank you for responding,
if you are interested, I might send you a list of videos which appear to resist recording well, for example there one type of video, which creates first a .mp3-file in the RMC-window, sometimes, if you are lucky and clicking into the video, a .flv-file is following, but not all of them can be played.

This list would cost some time to complete, but I would prefer to send it to an e-mail-adress (you or applian).

I like to help you because you helped me a lot, I like your products.

Bye

Bob6666
08-30-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm having a similar problem with many youtube videos (have not found one yet that works). A month ago I could download and play them. Now RMC4 downloads the video but the downloaded video does not play in a Applian's or Adobe's flash players (just get a black screen and a message that it is Loading media). Running RMC4 on Windows 7 (64bit)

Jeff Lenney
08-31-2011, 08:15 PM
Hey all

Still looking into this, will respond when I find out more :)

Jeff Lenney
09-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Hi All,

There is nothing special about the codes - vp6 and mp3 - should playback fine in any decent player.

If you havent, try the jaksta media player (http://www.jaksta.com/jaksta-player/)and see if it works ;)

Way2
10-27-2011, 10:51 AM
I have a similar problem. The file seems to download ok, but will not open / play in ply in the RMC player. It will open very briefly in VLC media player, then closes. It will open and play in MOYEA flv player, sound is fine, but the video is squashed up, about 1/8 of its correct size vertically. If I copy it to Oplayer on my Ipad it plays at the correct size but the sound "jumps". BTW - I just tried the Jaksta player as well. The same thing happens as with the VLC player.