PDA

View Full Version : Just Downloaded the Free Trial, but the Program Won't Open for Me

jaydelaney
08-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Hi All. I'm looking for a way to record video on Skype calls, and a friend recommended I look into this software. I just downloaded the free trial to test it out, and for some reason the program will not open. I'm fairly tech savvy, and I'm not sure why it won't open. I've tried double-clicking the icon on my desktop and also opening it up through my Start menu, but neither works. I can see the icon in the bottom right corner of the taskbar, but as soon as I mouse over it, it disappears. Just wondering if anyone has any advice for me? FYI, when I installed the program, Skype was closed and not running.

Thanks very much for any help you can provide.

Jay

Cheryl Wester
08-16-2011, 06:34 AM
When you installed the program did you make sure that Skype was closed? If not uninstall and reboot. Now, right mouse click the Skype icon and select Quit. Then do a fresh install

fredmcclimans
08-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Cheryl - I have the same problem. I've uninstalled and rebooted, doing a clean install each time. The first time it loads, it stays open in the Register or Demo window for a few seconds. The next time 1 second. The next a fraction of a second. I uninstall. Reboot. Reinstall - same problem. I have no other apps open during install. I'm running Windows 7 Home 64bit.

Cheryl Wester
08-31-2011, 06:03 PM
What version of Skype are you using? Also, please submit a ticket to tech support with complete details so we can better assist you.