PDA

View Full Version : RMC - problem with medici.tv streaming

narik
08-12-2011, 03:15 AM
Hi,

I got to this forum because I need some help recording a streaming videos on medici.tv (a classical video streaming site)
I have the full version of Replay media catcher 4 and I experience some errors during recordings.
The actual problem is this: I start a video from aprox 1 hour and 40 min length, RMC starts recording but stops at 01:10:00 for example.
I have tried many things.
1. I have expanded the internet browser cache from 250 mb to 1024 mb for more streaming space
2. went to settings of RMC, no special tabs that I have worry about. Only the http and rmtp tweaks i looked at. At HTTP tweaks I modified max number segments to 1 (from 5), I have got that from
an article on the aplian website. But http has nothing to do with medici which uses RMTP mode.
3. In RMTP tweaks I have still turned on the Flv fixing box. What do I have to fill in Initail client buffer size? I have 1. Also enabled super download (36000 seconds)= 10 hours.
I can choose between 3 download/recording modes. I must say that only the 1st option works a bit better than the others. the option: Always record RMTp streams (instead of downloading).
With this option I come far, at 01:30;00 for example. Then my web connection hangs suddenly. So I have to start over and I can't resume when I was stuck. Sometimes the recording is succeeded and is
finished with correct time and video/audio. Or sometimes RMC stops too soon and thinks it has the full video (which isn't the true). Then it says completed, shich isn't true.

So who knows the best options for recording something, as fast as possible and correct? I know my internet isn't the problem. I have one of the best internet over the world, in the Netherlands, tele2 80 Mbit download.
Please help..

thanks in advance

demotester
08-12-2011, 06:38 AM
hi you.
i would like to test your problem.
please share your account details (login : password) with me and i will promise you to help.

you can trust me ;)

narik
08-12-2011, 08:07 AM
hi you.
i would like to test your problem.
please share your account details (login : password) with me and i will promise you to help.

you can trust me ;)

Hi,

Thanks for wanting to help me. I actually fixed the problem a bit. I now can record with the record RMTP instead of downloading option in Medium quality.
I think the problem was the high quality option. In HQ the streaming segments are less longer and then RMC thinks that the end of a segment is the end of the video, so it says finish.
By the way, if you know how i can record more faster with the download RMTP options, then I would appreciate that.
Can you explain me which of the 3 RTMP recording modes is the best for medici.tv?
And if you don't mind, my account on medici is a free account. Everyone can simply make a free account. I don;t wish to share my passwords, so I you don't mind, make yourself very easy am account on medici.tv, it's free. Then record for example this:
http://www.medici.tv/#!/evgeny-kissin-liszt-recital-verbier-festival-2011

By the way, this is the best streaming recording program, right? I tried Replay video catcher, but that sucks.

narik

demotester
08-12-2011, 03:21 PM
By the way, this is the best streaming recording program, right? I tried Replay video catcher, but that sucks.
i have tons of other great stream recording programs and Replay Media Catcher is just one of them. A good allround tool. Its advantage: it installs its own set of drivers such that you dont need any web browser (Firefox, IE8). It can catch streams from other (simple) applications too! honestly i havent been using it anymore lately .. whenever there is stream recording task i do prefer to launch first some other tools (which launch faster and are ..etc..). but since this is Applian's forum, i can only say: of the Applian products, yes Replay Media Catcher is the best (for medici.tv).

MEDICI.TV, FREE VIEWING VERBIER:
low is Width : 512 pixels , Height : 288 pixels , Overall bit rate : 488 Kbps
medium is Width : 848 pixels , Height : 480 pixels , Overall bit rate : 938 Kbps
high is Width : 1 280 pixels , Height : 720 pixels , Overall bit rate : 1 475 Kbps

Who's that guy, his name is Liszt? Stellar musician? :p

narik
08-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Hi,

Many thanks for reading my messages. Also I think that RMC is the best for me, for medici. And I understand the problem now. If I chose on medici to record with HQ (HD) then RMC got stuck. I think medici has not have good stream HD yet (stream contains errors and segment errors). But medium quality (480p) is good, no errors. So if you see someone on this forum with this problem then say (in my opinion) that the 1st option (recording RMTP
instead of downloading) is the best with no errors.
And the guy is a Russian born Jewish pianist, called Evgeny Kissin. I could mention that he is know for 30 years the best pianist in the world. Just google him if you like his playing. He is indeed a lionlike stellar pianist. He plays here pieces of the composer Franz Liszt. I have youtube channel about him>
http://www.youtube.com/user/newjebenthan
I record the medici streams, because they are just aviailable for free for 2 months or so. So then I share with friends, if you want then send me a message and i will give you the forum links.
narik

demotester
08-14-2011, 02:14 AM
i found your blog. lots of shared files (avi, rar, mp4, ..) there, great!
i am wondering if that is all legal *GGG* ;)